Menu

Will you watch the Oscars?

I've been reading some articles that have been putting the Academy Awards in a negative light. Since last year was the lowest ratings ever for the AA, they are concerned about this year. So I'm just curious if you plan on watching it.

edited: Oh, man! This was supposed to have been a poll. I hit the wrong button! Oh well. I don't want to take up additional space, so just answer here.

I've been reading some articles that have been putting the Academy Awards in a negative light. Since last year was the lowest ratings ever for the AA, they are concerned about this year. So I'm just curious if you plan on watching it.

edited: Oh, man! This was supposed to have been a poll. I hit the wrong button! Oh well. I don't want to take up additional space, so just answer here.

If you go up under thread tools, I've noticed there is a button called "Add A Poll" or something. Can you see if that works?

I'll be watching and hoping Kate Winslet wins.

There is also something oddly fascinating about Mickey Rourke's story. I have seen and read a few interviews with him lately. I love that he has taken responsibility for all the crap he's done, and is trying to turn it around.

We've been TV free since 2002 (and only German TV since 1998, and our German isn't that good.)

I did used to enjoy watching while doing other things, my mom and I would watch and call each other and make fun of the dresses people wore.

Now, my mom watches and finds the worst dresses on the internet and e-mails me the links so I can make fun of them with her. It's much more efficient this way.

Now, my mom watches and finds the worst dresses on the internet and e-mails me the links so I can make fun of them with her. It's much more efficient this way.

Once again, technology is ruining the old, traditional ways. lol::lol:

No tv here, either, so we won't be watching. I don't even know who's nominated since most of the movies we watch are from Netflix and not current.

Yes, I'll watch. I love going to the movies, so this is the award show I watch. And, like someone else mentioned, I like to see the outfits too. My mom & I love commenting on them. :D

Oscar night is memorable for me too -- I went to the hospital to have ds that night. (That was back when the Oscars were in March instead of February, though.)

Basically, I like to sit down to watch the Oscars and the Olympics. Other than that, I don't really sit down & watch tv on a regular basis.

We watch every year. My oldest wants to go into film, so movies are very big around here. It's a bonding activity with him. Unfortunately, I (get this) have to go to a ball at Mt. Vernon tonight, so I won't see the first hour or so.

Yes, I'd rather watch than go to a ball at Mt. Vernon.

Now, if I had a fabulous dress to wear, I might rather go to the ball...

Just the first hour. That's when they usually do most of the entertainment and movie collages. Than I'm switching over to PBS to watch part two of Oliver Twist. I didn't really enjoy part one. I'm hoping part two is a little bit better. I think the reason why I didn't like it is because the background music is a little bit annoying. It sounds extremely modern and doesn't fit in with the time period.

Blessings

Zoraida

I don't really care who wins. I do like watching movies sometimes, but I can't see watching a show like that unless I were knitting something that I was enjoying and I was with people who really wanted to watch. I guess even then I wouldn't be watching as much as knitting, but since my husband would rather eat nails than sit and watch an awards show, I think we will be doing something else tonight.

I have not watched in well over a decade. I remember one day saying to myself "No one gives me an award for doing my job well. I get paid for doing my job. If I do it well I get to remain employed and perhaps get a raise. These people were paid really well for doing their job. Why are they getting a big party for doing their job and why do I want to watch them get an award for it?"

Haven't watched since. I do sometimes watch the pre-show. Some of those outfits are divine and some are entertaining.

Nope. Not interested. The movie industry is way to self absorbed and ready to pat themselves on the back.

That's a given. However, I don't let that stand in the way of having a good time watching it.

I do have to say though, with tonight's ceremony with Hugh Jackman hosting (he hosts like a Canuck. I think Aussie and Canuck humour must be similar!) and a lot of jokes poking certain stars and a ton of self-defacing humour...It seems maybe the Oscars gets it as well. I haven't enjoyed an Oscar ceremony this much before and certainly haven't laughed so much!

Yes, I'll watch. I love going to the movies, so this is the award show I watch. And, like someone else mentioned, I like to see the outfits too. My mom & I love commenting on them. :D

Oscar night is memorable for me too -- I went to the hospital to have ds that night. (That was back when the Oscars were in March instead of February, though.)

That's so funny! I watched the Oscars in the hospital when my son was born too. That was back when they were in March. And, the Emmys are in September, when my daughter was born.

I love to watch both, but I prefer to record them so I can fast forward through the boring parts. :)