Menu

What is your kids favorite meal?

lynn

My kids love breakfast for dinner. I go all out with pancakes, ssg or bacon, biscuits or toast and eggs, sometimes grits or hashbrowns. The other thing is curry beef over rice. amazing that it's always the fast and simple things that make them happy although they like whatever I decide to make.

steak and baked potatoes

lemon garlic chicken

homemade pasta sauce with meatballs and bricole

I miss the days of grilled cheese as a quick fave!

Weren't those days easy:) but I guess we've done our job if they moved past grilled cheese being their favorite and they are willing to explore new foods.

Guest Alte Veste Academy

#1 favorite of all three, meatloaf and mashed potatoes with salad (The meatloaf recipe is from a friend and I actually refer to it as Meat Candy because of the way they gobble it up.)

ds6 - chili

dd4 - Schezuan beef

ds2 - tacos

Tacos would be first choice around here... Dd (5) would choose meatloaf and parsley potatoes with fresh green beans. DS (3) would choose anything with rice and broccoli. They also love quesadillas, tuna melts, homemade pizza, homemade chicken strips with oven fries, and grilled cheese.

Some nights when they truly dislike what dh and I are having, we let them have whole wheat bread and butter, yogurt with fruit and honey, and salad. It's all fresh/homemade, and covers all the bases in terms of nutrition, it just doesn't look like dinner to me.

amazing that it's always the fast and simple things that make them happy although they like whatever I decide to make.

Ah, if only.

My entire family's favorite is a big Indian-style feast: curried chickpeas, basmati rice, lentil puri, vegetable samosas, spicy papadam, onion chutney, etc.

Thank goodness my son's other favorite is plain old spaghetti with marinara.

And lately, he's been asking for falafel quite a lot, too.