Menu

Snowstorm

Nope. Gloomy, doomy, grey and spitting rain. Tired.of.mud. 

10 days. In 10 days, meteorologists think we will get snow. For us, that means we will probably have either a monsoon or a snow and ice hurricane. (Had one of those on Lake Huron in 1913). So I am not exactly hopeful for a nice 3-6" of fluffy whiteness.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

Nope. Gloomy, doomy, grey and spitting rain. Tired.of.mud. 

10 days. In 10 days, meteorologists think we will get snow. For us, that means we will probably have either a monsoon or a snow and ice hurricane. (Had one of those on Lake Huron in 1913). So I am not exactly hopeful for a nice 3-6" of fluffy whiteness.

I truthfully never even liked snow until our weather changed and usually all we have is mud all winter.

This will be gone Tuesday as temperatures rise and it rains all day. 

• Sad 1

We're on the fringe and getting a ton of rain due to the temps being just above freezing.  I'm worried, though, because tomorrow night it's dropping into the 20s, so all that rain and water soaked ground will become standing water->ice on the roads.  Our town isn't exactly on top of things when it comes to salting and sanding.

• Sad 1

It’s coming down pretty good. We’ll probably get a full foot, and then that terrible rain storm during the week. I’m worried about THAT one after so much water lately!

I’d take a pic before it gets too dark, but Sam the GSD will probably knock me over if I open a door, desperate to get in the white stuff!

• Like 5

I am pleasantly surprised we are getting some snow, as the reports generally indicated we wouldn't get any. Lightly falling, it is beautiful. It started probably an hour ago, but doesn't look like it will last long according to the radar.

• Like 1

We got about an inch of snow yesterday but it's already gone. We are suppose to get some more on Tuesday before it all turns to rain. I'm fine with that. Snow is nice to look at once in a while but I'm glad I no longer live where snow sticks around for weeks at a time.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Carrie12345 said:

It’s coming down pretty good. We’ll probably get a full foot, and then that terrible rain storm during the week. I’m worried about THAT one after so much water lately!

I’d take a pic before it gets too dark, but Sam the GSD will probably knock me over if I open a door, desperate to get in the white stuff!

Yes, I’m definitely concerned about flooding. Also selfishly this is the week where my husband is only home Tuesday evening and I’d rather he spend it with me than pumping out basements with the fire department. 😂

We have about 3 inches so far and it's still coming down.   We're right on the border between a 3-6" band and a 6-8" band so who knows what we'll actually get.  We're on the side of a mountain on a river so we sometimes have a mini system of our own going.

We are also supposed to get the rain Tuesday, which I'm sure will cause the river to flood again.   

We have about 5-6 inches and it's still coming down but slowly so it appears to be tapering off.    We will probably have a total of 7-8 inches.    It's pretty but combined with the rain on Tuesday is going to make things very muddy.

22 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

We have about 5-6 inches and it's still coming down but slowly so it appears to be tapering off.    We will probably have a total of 7-8 inches.    It's pretty but combined with the rain on Tuesday is going to make things very muddy.

I am concerned about flooding here. We’ve had so much rain already that the incoming rain storm plus melting snow is going to make things dicy.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle Again said:

I am concerned about flooding here. We’ve had so much rain already that the incoming rain storm plus melting snow is going to make things dicy.

Here too.  Feels like the flooding just went down from the last storms a week or so ago and now here we go again.   We live on a river so it's really easy to see the effects of the flooding when the river comes up to my neighbors back deck instead of being 100 yards away.

• Sad 4

It's been extremely *pretty* here and has been coming down off and on for going on 24 hours now, but the ground was very warm and it hasn't added up to more than 2 inches. My next door neighbor **built a ramp** over the 2-steps up to their front door and their 5 year old was sledding it shrieking over and over and over all afternoon until the sun set (( puffy heart )). It's supposed to all  melt tomorrow, le sigh.

• Like 2