Menu

Things I don't need but want

SHP

8 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

A robot vacuum. I don’t think I can resist temptation much longer. I don’t even have kids or pets. I just want cleaner floors than I have and I’m unwilling to sweep more often. 

That is not a want. That is a need. 🙂 It is less expensive than therapy, but equally effective at boosting your mood.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

A robot vacuum. I don’t think I can resist temptation much longer. I don’t even have kids or pets. I just want cleaner floors than I have and I’m unwilling to sweep more often. 

Probably on a black Friday Amazon deal. I got mine half price on prime day, and I love it!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

Also, a wife would be great. I don't need a husband. I have one of those. But a wife would be quite awesome. Possible a grandmother rental as well. I have supervised enough trampoline time to last me a good, long while!!

My SIL has one.  Not an actual wife, she is straight and married to a wonderful man, but she has a professional house manager who takes care of everything for her.  Of course  works a bajillion hours and makes a ton of money, but still, it’s nice.  I could use one of those.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kathyl said:

A new car.  Of my own, that dh and ds's are not allowed to drive - ever.  They are so hard on cars. 

My little 2017 Subaru Forester was doing great as long as I was the only one driving it.  But since dh retired and his wreck of a car has all but stopped running, he's been driving 'my' car more.  And ds drives it, too.

I want my OWN new Subaru Forester that nobody drives but me.    

❤️ my Forester! 2011 with 150K miles on it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Clarita said:

Currently a rolling cart. Every homeschool Pinterest I see has it and there is a small area of my brain that thinks I'll be that much better of a teacher if I had a rolling cart. 

I used them all the time in the 90s and early 2000s when I was working but they seem to have fallen out of vogue and I was the only educator here who used one.   Now I just have a shoulder bag, partly because it is a pain to use those things with stairs, but also because I was tired of the comments....."Wow, you have a lot of stuff." (I didn't), and "What all do you put in there?" etc......

Not to mention that every time I went to a meeting or anything, it was a pain to fit through the sea of chairs/tables, etc....

If you were closer I would give you mine.

• Like 2

My car detailed.

A week off just to catch up on administrative chores like filing, sorting photos, and reorganizing books.

A good blender for smoothies. 

A window in my kitchen.

Yeah, that WTM beach trip! I haven’t seen the ocean in over three years. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, SHP said:

For those wanting the beach, just remember to define the location of said beach, there are beaches in climates you may not want to visit.

Oh, I can be specific.

A warm beach with fine, white sand! Ocean that is all shades of turquoise with no icky red seaweed. A place to stay where I can see and hear the ocean, where I do not have to cook (unless I want to) or clean. Warm sun, a stack of books, good company and conversation for the not-reading-books times. A hammock. Fresh seafood, plenty of sleep, board games and movies for rainy days, and no schedule. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SHP said:

For those wanting the beach, just remember to define the location of said beach, there are beaches in climates you may not want to visit.

1 hour ago, ScoutTN said:

Oh, I can be specific.

A warm beach with fine, white sand! Ocean that is all shades of turquoise with no icky red seaweed. A place to stay where I can see and hear the ocean, where I do not have to cook (unless I want to) or clean. Warm sun, a stack of books, good company and conversation for the not-reading-books times. A hammock. Fresh seafood, plenty of sleep, board games and movies for rainy days, and no schedule. 

Yep. Honestly, it doesn't have to be ideal climate. I even love the beach in cool weather. I just bundle up. One of my favorite spots in November… the monarchs are migrating. It’s magical. And in winter the skies are clear in this area with very little light pollution, so we bundle up at night and watch for shooting stars. Haven’t been there in years, but good memories—no matter the season. So as long as it's not Alaska or Antarctica, I'm game. I mean...I definitely prefer water warm enough to swim, but I am grateful for the salty air and scenery, too. 🙂

Edited by popmom
  • Like 3

On 11/24/2023 at 6:39 PM, KungFuPanda said:

One may have just fallen into my cart. I’m gonna try the Eufy for $140.  I have a friend with both and she likes it better than roomba 

Ours are Eufys! We love them. We even have the older, less smart ones. The newer ones are smarter and pretty amazing. We have one older one that we use upstairs. Two of the newer mop vacs on our main level. And another older one for the basement rooms. We recently had to replace the batteries on the older ones, but they work fine. 

A pool. I absolutely don’t need one. We pay $25/yr for the whole family for our small community’s very nice pool. Plus we only get a few months of swim weather, and most of our property stays cool. But dd and I want a little above ground pool, deep enough to just float around for 20 minutes or so whenever we feel like without the need to pack up and drive over.  

I almost bought one this summer, but I chickened out.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

Oh, I can be specific.

What she said-however the beach we usually visit does not have white sand. We still love it!!

• Like 1