Menu

Thing one and thing two …

Ann.without.an.e

1 minute ago, scholastica said:

They are gorgeous!

They have very blue eyes that just keep getting more blue. DD and DSIL both have brown so we didn’t anticipate this at all. DH and DSIL’s dad both have blue eyes though so it’s genetically possible just wasn’t highly likely. 

• Like 2

Don’t be surprised if the blue doesn’t stay. I was born with blue eyes, as was one of my sisters. Our parents both have brown eyes. Mine changed, hers did not.

My firstborn’s father had green eyes. He got blue. They changed.  
My sister’s dd’s father had blue eyes. Hers stayed, of course.

Same with blond hair for me, that sister, ds, and dn. My parents were both blond as kids, but not as adults. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Carrie12345 said:

Don’t be surprised if the blue doesn’t stay. I was born with blue eyes, as was one of my sisters. Our parents both have brown eyes. Mine changed, hers did not.

My firstborn’s father had green eyes. He got blue. They changed.  
My sister’s dd’s father had blue eyes. Hers stayed, of course.

Same with blond hair for me, that sister, ds, and dn. My parents were both blond as kids, but not as adults. 

We have no idea if they’ll stick lol

They started out brown and changed to blue and seem to just get more blue with time so it’s likely they’ll stay blue but it’s really a gamble at this age.

DH and I both have brown eyes and our eldest son has blue. Another son and his wife both have brown eyes and their son has blue. We must have this crazy blue gene in the family. LOL So, as old as these beautiful babies are, they probably will keep their gorgeous eyes. Thank you so much for sharing them with us today. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stephanier.1765 said:

DH and I both have brown eyes and our eldest son has blue. Another son and his wife both have brown eyes and their son has blue. We must have this crazy blue gene in the family. LOL So, as old as these beautiful babies are, they probably will keep their gorgeous eyes. Thank you so much for sharing them with us today. 

It is ok if they change but I think they will keep them. Mostly because they were dark and they changed on us. Also, they don't have brown flecks in the blue (usually an indication) and they just get lighter each week. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Terabith said:

How are they doing with eating/ sleeping/ developing?

They don’t sleep as much as they’re supposed to and get a bit overtired at times. They usually take a decent nap in the crib in the mornings. Other than that, naps are hit and miss and not more than 20-30 minutes each. They sleep great at night with mama though so 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think they’re developing and eating fine. Great head control, tummy time is good, and they are strong. They are pretty quiet though. By now I think my babies were babbling more and putting together sounds like ma-ma-ma-ma and such. They don’t blow raspberries either. They make some sounds, just not like my babies did lol. It is so common for identical twins to have speech delays and researchers can’t figure out exactly why. So I chalk it up to this? They’ll get there in their own time. 

ETA: eating has been great ever since the tie releases 

Edited by Ann.without.an.e
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

They don’t sleep as much as they’re supposed to and get a bit overtired at times. They usually take a decent nap in the crib in the mornings. Other than that, naps are hit and miss and not more than 20-30 minutes each. They sleep great at night with mama though so 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think they’re developing and eating fine. Great head control, tummy time is good, and they are strong. They are pretty quiet though. By now I think my babies were babbling more and putting together sounds like ma-ma-ma-ma and such. They don’t blow raspberries either. They make some sounds, just not like my babies did lol. It is so common for identical twins to have speech delays and researchers can’t figure out exactly why. So I chalk it up to this? They’ll get there in their own time. 

ETA: eating has been great ever since the tie releases 

It sounds like they are just fine. My little guy only started raspberries very very recently and I know for sure my other kids raspberried much earlier. None of mine were putting together sounds either. The only thing that resembles a word from my little guy is “hey”.  He is rapidly developing physically it seems, but not talking much at all. 

Edited by Elizabeth86
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

They have very blue eyes that just keep getting more blue. DD and DSIL both have brown so we didn’t anticipate this at all. DH and DSIL’s dad both have blue eyes though so it’s genetically possible just wasn’t highly likely. 

This is the same way as my youngest. I don’t have blue eyes and neither does my husband. But my mom had blue eyes and my FIL did. My youngest got blue eyes and it was so neat. I guess he got the double recessive gene. 

• Like 1