Menu

Sure could use a little good news today (Bonus puppy and kitty photos in this thread!)

wintermom

I just discovered this wonderful duet with Anne Murray and the Indigo Girls. The news stories haven't changed very much, just a bunch more "bad news" items to tack on. It's still a wonderful song. These ladies sound so amazing together. I love all the harmonies!!

Do you have a little good news to share today? 

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, wintermom said:

I just discovered this wonderful duet with Anne Murray and the Indigo Girls. The news stories haven't changed very much, just a bunch more "bad news" items to tack on. It's still a wonderful song. These ladies sound so amazing together. I love all the harmonies!!

Do you have a little good news to share today? 

I love the Indigo Girls!  Thanks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Aww I didn't know you got a new puppy!  Adorable!!

He's 3 months old and his name is Rocky or Chokcy-Rocky. He's a border collie. I love the deep red colour and the white markings. He's a super smart, sweet dog. 

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, MEmama said:

My kitties have been taking turns snuggling me pretty much all day, every day since my surgery. Since this is basically all my life is right now, these photos are all I have to offer up. 🤣

239D16FB-C85C-44FB-9657-F4D36EA2D8CF.jpeg

CAD36519-D657-4478-9B5F-E29279186B79.jpeg

Oh, they are absolutely beautiful!  Hope you're recovery is going well.  ❤️

1 hour ago, wintermom said:

Another good news item is that my youngest dc passed his written driver's test!! First try, too. 😄

Congratulations!  Such a milestone.  And, yes, scary...

1 hour ago, wintermom said:

My "Good news" today is that puppy went potty outside instead of inside!! (So far so good) 😅

2530430304983963543.jpg

He's adorable! Hope he figures out outside is the right place soon!  🙂

2 hours ago, wintermom said:

Thank you for sharing and for starting the thread - I definitely need some good news/positive posts!  🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• wintermom changed the title to Sure could use a little good news today (Bonus puppy and kitty photos in this thread!)
6 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

I love the Indigo Girls!  Thanks.

I grew up listening to Anne Murray, and I don't think I ever heard of the Indigo Girls. I love the way they arranged this song with the wonderful harmonies. I'll have to try listening to more of their music. Any recommended songs?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hilltopmom said:

Ah I remember the days of outdoor music festivals with the Indigo Girls 🙂

That must have been a great experience! They look like they'd been really fun to watch perform. They have a lot of good energy and their voices are gold. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hilltopmom said:

Ah I remember the days of outdoor music festivals with the Indigo Girls 🙂

Yes! Summer since Covid hasn’t been the same without seeing them. (Yep, our family was still going right up to the end of the BeforeTimes. My kids are the only ones of their friend groups who know all the IG songs. 🤣) We first saw them at Rock Against Fur in ‘88! Such a journey!!

Edited by Spryte
  • Like 3

Just bumping this up with what is making me so happy today.  One of the nurses at Mum's care home (I'm not happy with the home, but there are some great individuals there) who experienced infertility got pregnant after multiple rounds of IVF.  She had her baby a month ago, and I just spoke to her.  I'm just so happy for her - she sounds so joyful.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Laura Corin said:

Just bumping this up with what is making me so happy today.  One of the nurses at Mum's care home (I'm not happy with the home, but there are some great individuals there) who experienced infertility got pregnant after multiple rounds of IVF.  She had her baby a month ago, and I just spoke to her.  I'm just so happy for her - she sounds so joyful.

Oh that reminds me— our hospital puts overnight hysterectomy patients on the maternity ward (I get that it could be difficult or awkward for some people but the rooms are private and the ward focuses solely on womens health so it makes sense). Anyway, my second night in the hospital I was awake in the middle of the night and I heard a baby be born! Thankfully I didn’t hear the hard part, just a sudden chorus of cheers and then a loud cry. I'm not particularly sentimental about birth, but I felt pretty lucky to have been part of it (far away in another room lol). 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, MEmama said:

Oh that reminds me— our hospital puts overnight hysterectomy patients on the maternity ward (I get that it could be difficult or awkward for some people but the rooms are private and the ward focuses solely on womens health so it makes sense). Anyway, my second night in the hospital I was awake in the middle of the night and I heard a baby be born! Thankfully I didn’t hear the hard part, just a sudden chorus of cheers and then a loud cry. I'm not particularly sentimental about birth, but I felt pretty lucky to have been part of it (far away in another room lol). 

What a great bonus experience for you! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

So exciting for that woman! I hope that the search for a new home is going well. 

• Thanks 1

I have my first workday with puppy in my office. It's quite challenging, and makes me sympathize greatly with all the parents who had to try and work from home while their kids were doing online school from home. 

Rocky took a dislike to the doorstop. It's a coil type that made a loud boinggggg sound when he accidently hit it. He barks at it everytime he notices it. Silly puppy! 

He's searching for delicious dust bunnies now, and the pickings are good. 😄

IMG_20220321_133926445.jpg

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

On 3/22/2022 at 3:56 PM, stephanier.1765 said:

I just want to smooch all these adorable faces - animal and human alike! I've been really missing my grandkids an extra bunch lately and I've been missing having a dog. Ours died a couple of years ago and I've just now started to be ready for another one. Dh, though, is not.

So sorry about you losing your dog. When the time is right for you and your dh, I hope you find just the right dog!

• Like 2