Menu

Betty White has passed away

DawnM

8 minutes ago, Pawz4me said:

I know she was very old, so of course her death isn't surprising. But to happen on the last day of the year -- it seems kind of symbolic of the whole craptastic year.

The weird thing is that it actually was surprising to me. I just saw a new interview with her and she seemed so healthy and sharp — and I think sometimes when someone lives that long, we sort of assume they will live forever. 

I hope she died in her sleep and that it was peaceful. She seemed like such a lovely person and she did so much to help animals, too.

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

The weird thing is that it actually was surprising to me. I just saw a new interview with her and she seemed so healthy and sharp — and I think sometimes when someone lives that long, we sort of assume they will live forever. 

I hope she died in her sleep and that it was peaceful. She seemed like such a lovely person and she did so much to help animals, too.

Me too, to all you said.

5 minutes ago, TechWife said:

Has this been confirmed? The major news outlets don't have it as of right now.

Yeah, I did some google searches too, I was hoping it wasn't true.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Pawz4me said:

I know she was very old, so of course her death isn't surprising. But to happen on the last day of the year -- it seems kind of symbolic of the whole craptastic year.

This is what I thought too.

I know she lived a very long, good life.  But man I am so sad that she is no longer here.  The world just won't be the same without her in it.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, sassenach said:

This is a sad one. I thought for sure she'd make it to 100.

I think we all thought that!   To be honest, even though I knew she wasn't, there was a part of me that just thought she was immortal and would be with us forever.

Last night I was thinking, 'Can 2021 get any worse?' With the continued upswing with covid numbers,  then recent tornadoes in Georgia, the fires yesterday in Colorado..., really, and now to lose Betty, too? Yeah, I was looking forward to her birthday celebration special on tv also.

Someone polled on this forum the other day if 2020 or 2021 was worse...I can now cast my vote for 2021 :sad:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pawz4me said:

I was surprised!  That woman seemed physically and mentally healthier than any 80yo I’ve personally known.  Which, yeah, feels weird to type.  I mean, 80 is old, and she was two decades older! But still.

• Like 3

We are huge Golden Girls fans here. I wish she could have made it to her birthday but glad she past at home peacefully from what it sounds like.  

My mother called to tell me about this not realizing we already had heard.  But she asked-  What did she die from? My mother didn’t realize how old Betty White was as she thought she was only in her late 70s/early 80s. She was so vibrant, energetic and funny is why my mother never realized her age.