Menu

Please pray for my daughter in law

lynn

Magnesium, especially if in a form that is absorbed through the skin, is effective at calming an irritable uterus.  Since she has had such close pregnancies it is likely she is deficient or at just less than optimal levels.   Also, hydration is essential as well as even mild dehydration can cause contractions.  Make sure to be replacing electrolytes and not only drinking plain water.  

Epsom salts in the bath are a good first step and easy to find.  A magnesium oil/spray can be ordered online. Possibly bought in person at a health food store.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lynn said:

This is 3rd pregnancy in 3 years.  She's 31 weeks and carrying very low and having  a lot of pressure.  She had a good check up and baby was already over 4lbs but still  to early.   TIA

Praying. Although if it helps with the worry, with several of mine I was low, and had pressure, and they were sure I'd go early. Nope. Almost 42 weeks every time. We'd go from "stay in baby!" to "are you ever coming out?!?!". 

Hopefully she is the same. 

And seconding the advice for hydration and electrolytes. The heat in much of the country is really bad, and dehydration can absolutely cause contractions. 

If she can get in a pool somewhere she'd feel nice for a while 🙂