Menu

Do I need a yard dragon?

Terabith

3 minutes ago, Terabith said:

I got Rheagal.  I don't know if my dragon loving child will change its name though.  

How does one determine the gender of a dragon?  

That's a question for the ages. Also, of course, I see the mistake in my post after you quoted it. I blame chronic sleep deprivation (insomnia plus a baby). I swear I do know when (and when not) to use apostrophes!

Also, can I assume you are now on the hunt for accessories for different seasons and holidays? 

2 minutes ago, barnwife said:

That's a question for the ages. Also, of course, I see the mistake in my post after you quoted it. I blame chronic sleep deprivation (insomnia plus a baby). I swear I do know when (and when not) to use apostrophes!

Also, can I assume you are now on the hunt for accessories for different seasons and holidays? 

Honestly, I am not a together enough person to decorate my dragon for different seasons.  My Christmas tree is still up in my living room.  One year it stayed up till June.  (It's a fake tree.)  

This thread is like all of chanting, “Do it! Do it! Do it!” until you bought it.  

As to whether or not it’s a girl or a boy, show the dragon the dishes I just bought.  I showed a picture of them to my ds15 and he  got all upset, “Those are too girly! You can’t get those!”. He haaaates them.

So, if the dragon hates the dishes, then it’s a 15 yo boy. If the dragon loves them, it’s a girl dragon.

E5914DC2-56F7-4F12-881E-6C87F604442E.png

Edited by Garga
  • Like 6
  • Haha 6

If anyone is really in need of zany yard art, but is worried that site seems sketchy, there is an outfit in Oshkosh Wi called M Schettl Sales. My bff used to be their neighbor. Anyway, they mostly sell fixtures and stuff, but their outside yard is FULL of the strangest stuff ever collected. When we would visit my bff, a walk down to M Schettl was always on the agenda, she would make scavenger hunt lists! I got these pictures from their website, doesn't do it justice.

ec087ab7-6061-4496-8328-40e10ae86186.jpg

09ffa778-ada6-42e8-9105-6a36e6013b37.jpg

ee028709-c05c-41e6-bd65-f1889d978a21.jpg They have these gorgeous glass houses all over the acerage

• Like 3

M Schettl will never know it, but they are a backdrop to some of our favorite memories with bff's family!

And it's all for sale!!!

Funny story about the train caboose a few pictures up, we were there one time and doing a scavenger hunt. My dh climbed the steps to peek in the caboose windows looking for whatever on the list and the kids were trying to follow him up. He spun around real quick and shooed everyone on to something else. I asked him what was up, and he said he thought he saw a guy sleeping in there. I asked are you sure, his response was "Of course not, this place is full of crazy things" he literally wasn't sure if it was a real person or not because there are mannequins and stuff everywhere in unexpected places. Well, we searched more of the acreage, and before we left he went to peek in the window to see if the person/mannequin was still there and they were gone, so it must have been a person squatting there after all!

The weird thing is if you go into the actual buildings, it is full of boring stuff like vanities and closet doors!

I just checked and their facebook page is full of visitor submitted pictures, I mean there is probably 10 acres of this stuff!

Edited by saraha
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, saraha said:

M Schettl will never know it, but they are a backdrop to some of our favorite memories with bff's family!

And it's all for sale!!!

Funny story about the train caboose a few pictures up, we were there one time and doing a scavenger hunt. My dh climbed the steps to peek in the caboose windows looking for whatever on the list and the kids were trying to follow him up. He spun around real quick and shooed everyone on to something else. I asked him what was up, and he said he thought he saw a guy sleeping in there. I asked are you sure, his response was "Of course not, this place is full of crazy things" he literally wasn't sure if it was a real person or not because there are mannequins and stuff everywhere in unexpected places. Well, we searched more of the acreage, and before we left he went to peek in the window to see if the person/mannequin was still there and they were gone, so it must have been a person squatting there after all!

The weird thing is if you go into the actual buildings, it is full of boring stuff like vanities and closet doors!

I just checked and their facebook page is full of visitor submitted pictures, I mean there is probably 10 acres of this stuff!

My BIL lived in Oshkosh for years. That place is definitely on the weird side. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, saraha said:

If anyone is really in need of zany yard art, but is worried that site seems sketchy, there is an outfit in Oshkosh Wi called M Schettl Sales. My bff used to be their neighbor. Anyway, they mostly sell fixtures and stuff, but their outside yard is FULL of the strangest stuff ever collected. When we would visit my bff, a walk down to M Schettl was always on the agenda, she would make scavenger hunt lists! I got these pictures from their website, doesn't do it justice.

ec087ab7-6061-4496-8328-40e10ae86186.jpg

09ffa778-ada6-42e8-9105-6a36e6013b37.jpg

ee028709-c05c-41e6-bd65-f1889d978a21.jpg They have these gorgeous glass houses all over the acerage

Ooo, I like the guitar guy in the middle photo!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Carol in Cal. said:

There is another POV on that:  (here I hoped to post a picture of the iconic front of a store in Half Moon Bay, CA, that has a rusty T Rex statue in front, but alas, no website and no images.  If you want to find it on Facebook, it’s Sun Studio.)

Spanish Town? We always pass by that place on the way to the beaches.

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/metal-dinosaurs-for-sale-in-garden-centre-half-moon-bay-news-photo/527452136

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g32469-d1510439-Reviews-Dinosaurs_of_Spanish_Town-Half_Moon_Bay_California.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dmmetler said:

I think I like the second one better, but maybe partially because he's not a thousand dollars, which seems a bit steep, even for a dragon.  

On 1/27/2021 at 1:46 PM, Garga said:

This thread is like all of chanting, “Do it! Do it! Do it!” until you bought it.  

As to whether or not it’s a girl or a boy, show the dragon the dishes I just bought.  I showed a picture of them to my ds15 and he  got all upset, “Those are too girly! You can’t get those!”. He haaaates them.

So, if the dragon hates the dishes, then it’s a 15 yo boy. If the dragon loves them, it’s a girl dragon.

E5914DC2-56F7-4F12-881E-6C87F604442E.png

I LOVE those dishes. they are so so beautiful

GREEN WITH ENVY 

• Like 1