Menu

I can NOT believe it!

Terabith

My husband decided we needed a new crock pot.  And do you know what he did?  

He just went to Target and bought a crock pot!!!!

His only criteria was if it was big enough and how cheap it was.  He didn't look up crock pots in Consumer Reports.  He didn't ask the Hive.  

And doesn't he know about the lead???  

• Like 1
  • Haha 27
  • Confused 1

Just now, Terabith said:

My husband decided we needed a new crock pot.  And do you know what he did?  

His only criteria was if it was big enough and how cheap it was.  He didn't look up crock pots in Consumer Reports.  He didn't ask the Hive.  

And doesn't he know about the lead???  

But did he at least remove his shoes before he walked it into the house? 

• Haha 12

Here’s a funny (and true) husband-crockpot story. I have two crockpots. One is fairly small; my grandmother gave it to me when I got married. It’s the old style, only has a knob for Low or High, and I far prefer the much bigger, more recent acquisition I bought maybe ten years ago. I didn’t get rid of the one from my grandma, though, because Im just sentimental about it. 

Strangely enough, though, whenever my dh uses a crock pot, he gets out the old one from my grandmom. He will do this even though I keep pushing it to the back and the newer one is out front. 

So strange, really. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Quill said:

Here’s a funny (and true) husband-crockpot story. I have two crockpots. One is fairly small; my grandmother gave it to me when I got married. It’s the old style, only has a knob for Low or High, and I far prefer the much bigger, more recent acquisition I bought maybe ten years ago. I didn’t get rid of the one from my grandma, though, because Im just sentimental about it. 

Strangely enough, though, whenever my dh uses a crock pot, he gets out the old one from my grandmom. He will do this even though I keep pushing it to the back and the newer one is out front. 

So strange, really. 

My husband really did actually go buy a crock pot. I actually didn't tell a single lie.  We did have a super old crock pot, but it was more like "snack size" and not big enough to actually prepare dinner for four people in it.  

I think we did have a bigger one at one point, but we took it full of mac and cheese to a pot luck and somehow never got it back.  Which, in retrospect, is weird.  Was it so awful that we just fled without our crock pot???

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Terabith said:

Sigh.  I'm so ashamed.  I know we should be only drinking reverse osmosis from glass, but I have to defer to my husband.  

Really! You do know the word 'sustainability' right??????  A crock pot, Canned flavored fizzy water and an electronics cord?!?!?!?!?  He just wiped out an entire ecosystem in one trip to a mega-giant store, that doesn't support equality or individuality, and he probably drove there in a gas vehicle??? Please do not tell me he used his head lights on the way there too????? What about the shopping cart? I hope he didn't support the use of metal shopping carts with rubber wheels!?!?!

Anything made in a crock pot can be made in a pit in the back yard.  A solar oven and if needed a fire of waste and leaves and POOOOF! An  Environmentally friendly, sustainable,  crock pot! 

You are an educator Terabith!!  Did you forget to educate your husband along the way????

JK 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Luv you lots!

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, Tap said:

Anything made in a crock pot can be made in a pit in the back yard.  A solar oven and if needed a fire of waste and leaves and POOOOF! An  Environmentally friendly, sustainable,  crock pot! 

This is incredibly tone deaf, considering the fires on the west coast of the US. How dare you!? 

😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

And he probably forgot the cupcake mix you sent him to the store for in the first place!! 

The last time I sent my husband to the store, something similar happened. I had told him I wanted jewelry for my birthday. And he actually bought me something and wrapped it! I was so excited. 

He bought me a cordless drill. A DRILL. When I asked why, he said I had asked for it! ???? Turns out it has "diamond drill bits" and so me saying "diamonds would be best but obviously you can choose whatever you think I would like " he only heard "diamonds ... obviously - you can choose whatever you - like". 

Anyway he tried to make it up to me a few days later and bought me a bikini, 3 sizes too big. And when I asked if he thought that was REALLY my size, he said I'd just been baking a lot of cupcakes lately.

Edited by Moonhawk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

At first I was upset because no one on this thread seems concerned with what color the alleged crockpot is.  I mean, priorities people.

But then, someone brought up "cupcake mix".  You should all lose your denim jumpers over the mere thought of using a mix.

I need to go calm down now and watch something relaxing, like a debate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

12 hours ago, Moonhawk said:

And he probably forgot the cupcake mix you sent him to the store for in the first place!! 

The last time I sent my husband to the store, something similar happened. I had told him I wanted jewelry for my birthday. And he actually bought me something and wrapped it! I was so excited. 

He bought me a cordless drill. A DRILL. When I asked why, he said I had asked for it! ???? Turns out it has "diamond drill bits" and so me saying "diamonds would be best but obviously you can choose whatever you think I would like " he only heard "diamonds ... obviously - you can choose whatever you - like". 

Anyway he tried to make it up to me a few days later and bought me a bikini, 3 sizes too big. And when I asked if he thought that was REALLY my size, he said I'd just been baking a lot of cupcakes lately.

And he still has all his limbs?

On the main topic, please tell me your husband at *least* read the Amazon reviews first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Tanaqui said:

And he still has all his limbs?

On the main topic, please tell me your husband at *least* read the Amazon reviews first.

The funeral is next week*. 

Those wild sasquatches roaming neighborhoods and breaking into houses and indiscriminately killing husbands at 11am in the morning are a huge issue and need to be stopped! I saw the whole thing and had to give an account of how I escaped with barely my life and my bikini. 

And it ate all the cupcakes, too. 

eta: *You're all invited to the funeral. Pot luck afterwards. Please only being lead-free 4.5+ star crockpots approved by the Hive. Preferably red.

Edited by Moonhawk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Terabith said:

My husband had accompanied me to Target and knows he is supposed to either buy me the Instant Pot Air Fryer Combo or the Ninja Foodi Deluxe.

Target has a nice no questions ask return policy anyway so if my husband buys the wrong item, the nearest Target is less than 2 miles away.

• Like 2