Menu

Has the color scheme changed yet again?

Terabith

As far as the colors, I don’t notice anything different on my ipad.  The layout is slightly different, but the brightness seems the same to me.  

But my account logs me out every 20ish minutes.  Actually, it might be less. I was going to try to test how often it logs me out.

I did tell someone at the helpdesk and they sent it up the line, but it’s out of their hands for now.  

I’m getting so tired of logging back in. It’s annoying when I have a few tabs open because it refreshes the screen and moves me from where I left off.  The only way to figure out where I left off (other than scrolling), is to go to the “all activity” page and re-find the thread and click on the dot next to the title of the thread so that it takes me back to the last post I read on that thread.  It’s so hard to keep up on the looooong threads when I keep getting logged out.  

Like Terabith said, it’s trivial, but it is an annoyance. 

Edited by Garga
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

There used to be a setting to make the color not as terrible, but that setting appears to be gone. Those who don't notice a change might have been on the default setting before whereas some of us had switched off of it.

Headache city. Sigh.

4 hours ago, stephanier.1765 said:

It's hard for me too read too. The new Facebook layout also recently changed and I find it hard to read too. I tried for a while changing FB to a black layout but found it equally painful to my eyes.

I use an extension called FB purity that blocks most of the ads on Facebook.  He now has an extension you can add to your browser called revert.  Basically it makes facebook think you are using some old browser which wouldn't be compatible with their new stuff so lets you view facebook as the old style.  I love it because I hate both the light and dark version of the new "improved" facebook. 

I'm not too fond of the new styles here.  It's much too white and hard to read.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Garga said:

As far as the colors, I don’t notice anything different on my ipad.  The layout is slightly different, but the brightness seems the same to me.  

But my account logs me out every 20ish minutes.  Actually, it might be less. I was going to try to test how often it logs me out.

I did tell someone at the helpdesk and they sent it up the line, but it’s out of their hands for now.  

I’m getting so tired of logging back in. It’s annoying when I have a few tabs open because it refreshes the screen and moves me from where I left off.  The only way to figure out where I left off (other than scrolling), is to go to the “all activity” page and re-find the thread and click on the dot next to the title of the thread so that it takes me back to the last post I read on that thread.  It’s so hard to keep up on the looooong threads when I keep getting logged out.  

I have to log in a lot too.  Not as much as you, but still... I don't know why it can't ever remember me like other sites.  It is annoying, frustrating, and tedious - and also trivial.  

1 hour ago, Garga said:

Maybe you have tried this. But instead of going to "all activities," why not just go to Chat and glance down the thread titles? You can click on the dot or star next to the title, and it will take you to wherever you left off. Then go to whichever other sections that you normally read, and do the same there.

I'm sure there is a reason that you like the "all activities" format, but I never use it. I just browse each section of the forums, and I can easily pop back into any threads that I am interested in or have posted in.

• Like 1

OP: Thank you and God Bless  you for beginning this thread.    I need to have Cataract surgery in one eye and I thought, incorrectly, that my difficulty in reading what's in this forum was because of the Cataract. Now, I know better.   🙂

For me, it is very washed out and very difficult to read the posts in the forum now.

• Sad 1