Menu

Personal covid experiences

Terabith

4 hours ago, RosemaryAndThyme said:

A friend of a friend was sick with mild covid symptoms back in April/May or so. She's had a positive antibody test since. The main symptom was loss of smell. Now she smells something burning pretty much all the time, even though nothing is burning. Apparently it's a thing and some of the people she knows have similar issues except that everything smells like rotting garbage. In comparison, burning smell is an improvement. 😞

I’ve heard a number of people describe a burning or cigarette type smell.

11 hours ago, TCB said:

Last week I had to look after someone with Covid who I know. Just heard today that she died. That has been something I have dreaded. Cases are rising here and the positivity rate is 21% so it may well happen again.

21% is horrendous. Y'all are in for a long haul.

Stay safe (& sane).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Happymomof1 said:

The only person I know personally who had it was the youth minister. He had a mild case and no one in his family got it. No lingering effects. I know no one who has died...  Oh wait, one of my old partners was hospitalized, but he is now fine and back to operating and seeing patients. Haven't heard that he had any lingering affects. At the very, very beginning of this another doctor was hospitalized and on a vent. He went home after a few months. He was  actually the father of someone my daughter was in community theater with. Don't know them. Live in a different town. Have no idea of follow up.  With the way my area has behaved throughout this, you would think we would have awful numbers, but we just don't. Our positivity is low.  I just don't get this disease. I look like an idiot and fear-mongerer for taking so seriously. 

Eh, it's all really random -- or rather, we don't quite understand it. There are obviously factors in your area that are making the rate of transmission low. Since we don't know what they are, we have no idea if that'll continue being the case, so it makes sense to stay cautious, I'd guess. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happymomof1 said:

Yes, but that means I watch everyone having fun and doing all of the things I long to do.  I know nothing else to do as it seems right and moral to be cautious.  But once again, the facts and situation are telling me I am making the wrong decision. At least in my area.  

What facts? If you keep behaving like you are and it DOES go through your area, you'll be safer than other people. But that's a statement of probability, not anything else. Just like wearing a seatbelt makes you safer on average but doesn't guarantee anything. Life is random. 

4 minutes ago, Happymomof1 said:

Yes, but that means I watch everyone having fun and doing all of the things I long to do.  I know nothing else to do as it seems right and moral to be cautious.  But once again, the facts and situation are telling me I am making the wrong decision. At least in my area.  

I think a lot of people feel like that when there has not been a huge amount of spread in their immediate area. From what I’ve heard from those who’ve experienced a lot of spread around them, most people don’t after they’ve experienced what it can be like.

I live in a touristy area and we have not had it bad despite that, so far. I don’t know if that is because people got it here but then went back to where they live so we didn’t know. Or maybe it just wasn’t spreading here - outdoors tourist stuff here. But now our positivity is up, hospitals around are starting to say they are filling, and more people are dying, so I think some are starting to change their tune. However there are still the dyed in the wool anti maskers proclaiming forth on social media so who knows. Before all this I did not realize how many people needed a bad personal experience before they could acknowledge risk.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Happymomof1 said:

No, but I think God is in control.  It isn't random. What we do affects things. However, there are many times people calls people to do things that look completely crazy on the outside.  Hard to know when you hear from God and when you hear from your own selfish desires.  

Just hard to see people doing what I long to do.  that is all.  Won't change my stance or the protections I take. Just leaves me with a constant, dull ache.

I'm not religious, obviously, so I don't have the same take 🙂 . But I understand where you're coming from. 

I wish you could feel contented in the wisdom of your own precautions. I, too, have felt sad while life has started up around me and I have continued to sit it out. And I also know that it's entirely possible that had I decided to come along with them, I may very well be fine. But the question for me is always what risks I'm willing to take, and after I make those decisions, all becomes clear to me, whatever other people do. 

Edited by Not_a_Number
  • Like 3

Would you like recaps of personal experiences with Covid that were lost when the last thread self-destructed?  

I know I posted in it, but not here.

We’re in the “friends, family, work colleagues” have had it camp.  

No one who has had it, that we know personally, has had what I would call a mild case. I haven’t tallied them up, but it would be more than 20 cases.  2 deaths.  10 long haulers.

• Sad 15

5 minutes ago, Spryte said:

Would you like recaps of personal experiences with Covid that were lost when the last thread self-destructed?  

I know I posted in it, but not here.

We’re in the “friends, family, work colleagues” have had it camp.  

No one who has had it, that we know personally, has had what I would call a mild case. I haven’t tallied them up, but it would be more than 20 cases.  2 deaths.  10 long haulers.

Yes, I'd like recaps, please. I'm VERY sorry the old thread went poof. 

@Sneezyone, I don't remember if you had posted in here or not? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

Yes, I'd like recaps, please. I'm VERY sorry the old thread went poof. 

@Sneezyone, I don't remember if you had posted in here or not? 

Not in the new thread. My uncle was on a ventilator for a month and, thankfully, survived. He is still recovering. One of the texts I sent after he was finally off the vent and lucid inspired a chuckle. That his sarcastic sense of humor was intact gave us all hope.

My stepsister’s husband died two weeks ago from COVID. He was a vocal supporter of POTUS.

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Sad 14

I have two family members (both over 60) who came down with it. 

Person #1 was sick with a fever and fatigue and mild nasal congestion for nearly two weeks and had a negative covid test.  On about day 12, spouse checked pulse ox, which was low, and heart rate, which was elevated and took them to the ER at the advice of their physician.  Lungs sounded clear, but a CT angiogram showed widespread pneumonia in both lungs.  A rapid COVID test in the ER was negative.  A third test was taken and sent out to a lab and finally came back positive.  Never had a sore throat or a cough.  Did describe fever dreams and a weird smell that wouldn't go away.  Was in the hospital on oxygen for 5 days and went home on oxygen, now doing much better and mostly off of it.  

Person #2, who is the spouse of person #1, had symptoms of a mild cold for about 3-4 days, then lost their sense of taste and smell for a while.  

• Sad 4

3 hours ago, Happymomof1 said:

I look like an idiot and fear-mongerer for taking so seriously. 

No, you don't. You look wise and like you are taking the precautions urged by health professionals. Doing what public health experts advise is not being an idiot. 

3 hours ago, Happymomof1 said:

Well yeah, a LOT of us are in that boat - watching others have fun and act like nothing is going on. Which is why this thing is still spreading. 

I heard it said (maybe here?) that "The good news is  are only 8 weeks from eradicating covid! The bad news is we have ALWAYS been only 8 weeks away from eradicating Covid."   (realizing that isn't the exact science but you get the point)

The facts are on your side. 

Again, if you knew 5 people who played Russian Roulette or didn't stop for stop signs, or whatever, and they were fine, that doesn't mean you should do those things too. You won't know that your spot is a hot spot until AFTER a bunch of people get it. 

2 hours ago, Happymomof1 said:

Just hard to see people doing what I long to do.  that is all.  Won't change my stance or the protections I take. Just leaves me with a constant, dull ache.

Same. It's frustrating and hurtful, honestly. 

2 hours ago, Happymomof1 said:

Which has been my point that if feels me not knowing how to pray...  If they stay safe then they will feel justified in their carelessness. On the other hand, I love these people. I don't want to see them suffer.

You pray that this virus goes away, that a treatment or vaccine is found, and that people stay safe. What people feel isn't your job to worry about, as far as if they feel justified or not. Not your business. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

I heard it said (maybe here?) that "The good news is  are only 8 weeks from eradicating covid! The bad news is we have ALWAYS been only 8 weeks away from eradicating Covid."   (realizing that isn't the exact science but you get the point)

As proof of concept, New Zealand has done it twice now. No promises about it never coming back, of course, and it's a teeeeny country with different methods available to it, but it's not like similar methods wouldn't HELP here. 

• Like 3

For anyone wondering, I still don’t have word on my son and his gf’s test results. Ds thinks they don’t have it because he says he feels much better, but I don’t think that means much when you’re young and healthy. 

Ds still thinks he had COVID in December, when he was “the sickest *ever* in [his] life. I guess it could make sense if he did get it again but his symptoms abated quickly and were mild. 

• Like 2

I was diagnosed yesterday. Earlier in the week, I had some bathroom issues which I attributed to having too big of a junkfest. Wednesday night I had 99.4 or something like that. Less than 100. I coughed some during the night. I have Not lost my sense of smell. Is that an indication that it could be a false positive???

My temp last night got up to 101.7, but today has been normal until about an hour ago. It was 99.something and I took something to start bringing it down. 

I have used the inhaler a few times today. I am very afraid of this getting out of hand. I have an oximeter ordered, supposed to get here tomorrow. 

Other personal experiences- My uncle was buried today. He was in his 70s. His wife was buried about a week ago. Another two teachers on my hall have tested positive within the last 2 weeks, one yesterday. Several people at dh's job have tested positive, but I don't think anyone has major complications. 

• Sad 12

2 hours ago, math teacher said:

I was diagnosed yesterday. Earlier in the week, I had some bathroom issues which I attributed to having too big of a junkfest. Wednesday night I had 99.4 or something like that. Less than 100. I coughed some during the night. I have Not lost my sense of smell. Is that an indication that it could be a false positive???

My temp last night got up to 101.7, but today has been normal until about an hour ago. It was 99.something and I took something to start bringing it down. 

I have used the inhaler a few times today. I am very afraid of this getting out of hand. I have an oximeter ordered, supposed to get here tomorrow. 

Other personal experiences- My uncle was buried today. He was in his 70s. His wife was buried about a week ago. Another two teachers on my hall have tested positive within the last 2 weeks, one yesterday. Several people at dh's job have tested positive, but I don't think anyone has major complications. 

I hope you feel better very soon. Please keep us updated. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Terabith said:

My friend in the hospital's second covid test came back negative again, and he was released today, so I did go pick him up.  Hopefully I didn't contract it from waiting in the hospital.  

I hope you didn't, too. 

I'm about to do quite a few medical appointments 😕 . It seems like a better idea to do it now than later, I'd rather do it when we're not near my in-laws, and here's hoping NYC's positivity doesn't spike much higher. So... wish me luck. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Not_a_Number said:

I hope you didn't, too. 

I'm about to do quite a few medical appointments 😕 . It seems like a better idea to do it now than later, I'd rather do it when we're not near my in-laws, and here's hoping NYC's positivity doesn't spike much higher. So... wish me luck. 

I think it's pretty unlikely that I caught anything picking him up.  He himself was 14 days from onset of symptoms, symptoms have resolved, and he's had two negative covid tests.  I intended to just take him clothes, walk back to my car and pull around to pick him up.  But the paperwork wasn't ready, so I had to wait three hours.  When I stepped out to the hallway for him to change, I overheard a nurse in an N-95 and a respiratory therapist talking about whether another patient on the hall had covid.  It wasn't the covid ward, but maybe the "rule out" covid ward?  So I decided to be safer, on the way out, I took the stairs rather than the elevator.  I figured better ventilation, but it was 9 flights and then I got lost and wound up in the vestibule for the ER, where I had to ask for directions.  My sense of direction is awful.  

I agree with you on the "now rather than later."  I'm really wishing we could get our teeth cleaned, because it's been a year, but cases are really going up here.  I'm brushing a lot, but it feels risky.  

• Like 1

My kids have had several friends with COVID. Some were yucky cases (not hospitalized but felt like death for a while) while most of the recent ones have had pretty mild cases.

As for the adults in our lives, I keep hearing about them AFTER they've recovered. It's the weirdest thing, but no one in my circles seem to want to talk about it while they're going through it. All of those cases have been mild. DH has several coworkers who have been down - also mostly very mild cases. One lady's husband went to the hospital for a day. That's about as serious as it's getting over here.

It's frustrating because we are all still being *very good* over here at Casa EasyPeasy - and it's just... aggravating. Like someone mentioned above - these people are just going about, living their lives and when they DO get sick, it's no more than a cold or a mild flu for a week and they're a-ok! Whereas, we are staying home (omggg), avoiding any social situations (omgggggg), and being so darn good. If only we could all be guaranteed "cold symptoms," we could go back to living again!!! *sigh*

• Like 4

My son tested positive Wednesday. He had a 103. 3 fever Tuesday night with some chills. His temp has been normal since Wednesday morning. He continues to have a sore throat but feels fine otherwise. My husband and daughter were tested yesterday. Husband has a sore throat and had a headache. Daughter had elevated temp without fever a couple of days and sinus issues which ped attributed to allergies. I've had some sinus symptoms but also have allergy issues.

My sister-in-law tested postive, her and her family now have cold symptoms. Her daughter -15 now has lost her sense of taste. Her husband (my brother) and the kids are going to be tested tomorrow.

eta: Ds did tell me yesterday he is having some fatigue. You'd think in the previous 20x I asked him how he was doing he would mention it but I guess I had to go down the list of symptoms asking if he had each one. He told me he thinks he can still smell and can for sure taste. But told me he couldn't really smell the candle in his room, so who knows. He is my kid who is bright but sometimes entirely oblivious.

Edited by Soror
  • Sad 8

On 10/3/2020 at 6:33 AM, Happymomof1 said:

Yep, it has now been a year for me as far as the dentist. I haven't gotten my hair cut since February. It feels incredibly horrible. I'm just pulling it up all the time. I DID have my mammogram/brreast sonogram/gyn appointments ( all 3 in same day). With my family history, that felt too risky to skip.  In fact, I was somewhat confused as he said with my family history he wants to see me twice a year...   I really want to get my hair cut, though. But I won't. 

If it helps, what I finally did for a hair cut (I have a pixie cut - just letting it get longer makes me look like a wierd clown or something), was to schedule online for the very first appointment on a weekday morning. That way any germs in the air from other clients had more than enough time to settle to the ground from the day before. When I got there it was just me and two stylists in the shop, all masked, and the other stylist not working on me stayed far away. I couldn't keep the mask looped on my ears while they worked on my hair there, so I just held it on my face with one hand, on the side I unlooped. Then switched when she switched sides. No blow dry, etc. Only one other person came in while I was there. You could even call and ask when are they the least busy, but first thing in the morning seems safest, before lots of other people were breathing in there. 

That assumes they are masking where you live. I wouldn't have gone if I didn't know they were wearing masks. But for your mental health right now, even I, the woman spraying all groceries with peroxide and avoiding church, etc, think it would be okay. Heck, it sounds way safer than your church, etc. And might give you a little mental boost - a bit of "normal" rather than having your hair reminding you daily of all this. It really did make me feel better. (and I definitely looked better compared to my home pixie trims, lol)

• Like 3

And found out my niece had a close contact test positive. Contact tracing has not yet reached out to them, but my sister heard from the school principal that this child tested positive in the class (my sister is also an administrator) and knows there is no way her kid is NOT a close contact. So rather than wait for the notice my sister and both nieces are staying home for two weeks. Technically she and my other niece are not required to until/unless the exposed niece is positive, but they will all stay home for now regardless. Means my sister will be taking personal time off work, plus working from home, kids can't go to their dad's house, etc etc. 

My sister and my niece who was exposed have asthma. Praying they don't get sick. 

• Sad 8

2 hours ago, ktgrok said:

And found out my niece had a close contact test positive. Contact tracing has not yet reached out to them, but my sister heard from the school principal that this child tested positive in the class (my sister is also an administrator) and knows there is no way her kid is NOT a close contact. So rather than wait for the notice my sister and both nieces are staying home for two weeks. Technically she and my other niece are not required to until/unless the exposed niece is positive, but they will all stay home for now regardless. Means my sister will be taking personal time off work, plus working from home, kids can't go to their dad's house, etc etc. 

My sister and my niece who was exposed have asthma. Praying they don't get sick. 

Adding my prayers to yours

• Like 2

Ds has had worsening fatigue. He didn't wake up to nearly 10 after going to bed early and took 4 naps. Ds continues to say only thing bothering him is his throat.

Awaiting test results on dh and dd. I am not feeling well myself, had a wicked headache the end of last week and increasing fatigue. Throat is sore (not as bad as dh). 

My niece now has lost her sense of taste and smell, the rest of their family- my brother, and 3 kids (including niece) are being tested today. My sil (who tested positive) has had bad fatigue. One of my nephews evidently had a low fever and 1 or 2 had an upset stomach. They have all had cold symptoms.

ETA

We have not been around my brother and his family, it is just coincidental that we are going through this at the same time. Some kid that ds had in math had COVID, he wears a mask in class but that of course is not 100%. I am more inclined to believe that dd was the most likely patient zero in our house as she is not as careful and not diligent about masking. I've went over this but she is 13 and starting a new school with most kids that don't think it is even real. However, it has been going through dh's work, he hasn't had confirmed exposure but of course you only know if someone tests positive. 

Edited by Soror
  • Sad 13

Ds15 went to a bonfire yesterday with some previously homeschooled buddies he has not seen since his birthday last December. Today we learned that one of the boys’ sibling had a positive test today. So...the risk to my ds is not that high but it is possible the boy at the bonfire was contagious from his brother and does not know this yet. They were outside and I did send ds off masked, though I know he did not always have the mask on. It was not at my house so I do not *know* how much distancing was enforced, but I do trust the parents who were hosting; they are not hoax/flu type people. 

This is a bummer, though, because I am going to keep my son under surveillance and semi-quarantined until a few days pass and we learn if the boy at the party got sick from his brother. For their sake, I really hope the virus sticks with the single boy because they have a grandparent living with them who is at risk. But selfishly, too, I hope it did not run through the bonfire or come home with ds. 

PS.: the tests my older son and his gf were waiting on came back negative; they are also well now. 

Edited by Quill
Edited because I used the wrong “their”! Doh!
  • Like 1
  • Sad 8

I’m starting month eight of long-COVID. Got sick beginning of March.  Wasn’t able to get tested, not for lack of trying. Lost 30 pounds in two months.  Had a negative antibody test in May and figured it hadn’t been COVID after all, despite the classic symptoms (dry cough, chest pressure, fever etc.) I still had chest pressure, internal vibrations but we didn’t know that was a COVID thing back then.  Figured it was all anxiety.  Over the summer I developed horrible GERD and in the fall my chest pressure returned.  Now that I’ve connected online with other long-haulers I’m sure it was COVID.  We all have the same constellation of symptoms. 

Tonight on day 216 my lungs hurt.  I’m fortunate that I don’t have the crushing fatigue as a symptom.  It’s so hard not knowing what to do and who to turn to. My doctor has been willing to examine individual symptoms piecemeal, but refuses to consider COVID.  I know that even people with an official diagnosis are struggling to be taken seriously when they still have problems months after their acute illness.

My first week was so mild I never ever would have guessed I’d still be sick now. It’s a strange virus, and there is so much we don’t know.  Without getting remotely political, I will just say it’s surreal to see the President declare his victory over COVID.  Even if he is feeling better, and I truly hope he is, he has no idea how his future with the virus will unfold.

• Like 1
  • Sad 18

@Lawyer&Mom I am sorry you have these long-haul problems. That must be difficult, esp without a positive test to point to.

My first week was so mild I never ever would have guessed I’d still be sick now. It’s a strange virus, and there is so much we don’t know.  Without getting remotely political, I will just say it’s surreal to see the President declare his victory over COVID.  Even if he is feeling better, and I truly hope he is, he has no idea how his future with the virus will unfold.

I’m so disturbed (again) by the President’s choices. I’m sure he thinks he is projecting strength but it is once again setting a bad example. I can’t hope for a catastrophe but I think it is unlikely he will just snap back to normal as he wants the public to believe. He was gasping for breath at the top of the WH steps yesterday. My pastor, who is younger and much healthier/athletic, said the fatigue and lack of energy lasted well over a month beyond his more serious symptoms. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lawyer&Mom said:

I’m starting month eight of long-COVID. Got sick beginning of March.  Wasn’t able to get tested, not for lack of trying. Lost 30 pounds in two months.  Had a negative antibody test in May and figured it hadn’t been COVID after all, despite the classic symptoms (dry cough, chest pressure, fever etc.) I still had chest pressure, internal vibrations but we didn’t know that was a COVID thing back then.  Figured it was all anxiety.  Over the summer I developed horrible GERD and in the fall my chest pressure returned.  Now that I’ve connected online with other long-haulers I’m sure it was COVID.  We all have the same constellation of symptoms. 

Tonight on day 216 my lungs hurt.  I’m fortunate that I don’t have the crushing fatigue as a symptom.  It’s so hard not knowing what to do and who to turn to. My doctor has been willing to examine individual symptoms piecemeal, but refuses to consider COVID.  I know that even people with an official diagnosis are struggling to be taken seriously when they still have problems months after their acute illness.

My first week was so mild I never ever would have guessed I’d still be sick now. It’s a strange virus, and there is so much we don’t know.  Without getting remotely political, I will just say it’s surreal to see the President declare his victory over COVID.  Even if he is feeling better, and I truly hope he is, he has no idea how his future with the virus will unfold.

Have you been evaluated by a cardiologist? Had an echocardiogram to rule out cardiac causes of the chest pressure/pain you are feeling? Even if you are sure it is in the lungs, heart issues can cause fluid to build up in the lungs. If it was Covid, we know it can cause cardiac damage, and it seems that it often gets overlooked. With chest pressure I'd definitely want an echocardiogram (NOT just an EKG) to look for cardiomyopathy. (and other viruses, not just Covid, can cause cardiomyopathy, so it doesn't matter if they think it is or isn't Covid, should still be able to get heart checked out if having chest pressure/pain after an illness!)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Quill said:

@Lawyer&Mom I am sorry you have these long-haul problems. That must be difficult, esp without a positive test to point to.

I’m so disturbed (again) by the President’s choices. I’m sure he thinks he is projecting strength but it is once again setting a bad example. I can’t hope for a catastrophe but I think it is unlikely he will just snap back to normal as he wants the public to believe. He was gasping for breath at the top of the WH steps yesterday. My pastor, who is younger and much healthier/athletic, said the fatigue and lack of energy lasted well over a month beyond his more serious symptoms. 

I mean, I had symptoms a month after I had the flu this November, and the flu isn’t as serious....

• Like 1

Apparently, an older relative in Ukraine had COVID and needed to be hospitalized. Not sure exactly how old he is... maybe 70s? 

ETA: he’s apparently out of the hospital and doing better, though. This is news via my dad, and I’m not in touch with the guy, so it’s secondhand although likely to be right.

Edited by Not_a_Number
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

Bump. Any more stories?

An update: my son (the younger) is no longer quarantined because the boy who came to the bonfire tested negative. Only his brother has Covid so far. Parents are also negative. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Medicmom2.0 said:

I never did get a test; everything is so full here.  I no longer have Covid antibodies and there’s no real knowledge about long term immunity(and people get other corona viruses again), so I am not ruling out that Covid may always be a possibility. 

The fatigue is almost crippling, but my sore throat went away finally. My SIL had strep last week and I still think I likely just caught it from her.

A month ago, I only knew maybe two people who had had Covid.  I now know over 20 all diagnosed in the last two and a half weeks.  One is seriously ill, but he has lung cancer so that is part of it. Everyone else has been pretty mild or asymptomatic.  

Keep us updated on the people you know! Also, I hope you feel better soon.

48 minutes ago, Medicmom2.0 said:

I never did get a test; everything is so full here.  I no longer have Covid antibodies and there’s no real knowledge about long term immunity(and people get other corona viruses again), so I am not ruling out that Covid may always be a possibility. 

The fatigue is almost crippling, but my sore throat went away finally. My SIL had strep last week and I still think I likely just caught it from her.

A month ago, I only knew maybe two people who had had Covid.  I now know over 20 all diagnosed in the last two and a half weeks.  One is seriously ill, but he has lung cancer so that is part of it. Everyone else has been pretty mild or asymptomatic.  

No way to even get a strep test?  

I started feeling awful yesterday, so I went to urgent care today for rapid covid and strep tests.  Both were negative, so probably I just have a bug.  Not even a terrible one.  Just makes me want to crawl into bed and stay there.  Could also be confused with changing temperatures and allergies.  

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Terabith said:

I started feeling awful yesterday, so I went to urgent care today for rapid covid and strep tests.  Both were negative, so probably I just have a bug.  Not even a terrible one.  Just makes me want to crawl into bed and stay there.  Could also be confused with changing temperatures and allergies.  

Oh no 😞 . I hope you feel better soon!!

• Like 2

I went back to ER last night. When I got there, my O2 was 89, so they put me on supplemental oxygen, iv fluids, iv steroid, and did a ct scan which showed pneumonia. I received RX for antibiotics, steroids, another inhaler, cough sryup, and the famous hydroxywhatever. (plaquenil) I'm still pretty short of breath when I'm moving around. I'm off work for another week, and will get tested again on Friday. Oh and stay isolated.

• Sad 26

19 minutes ago, math teacher said:

I went back to ER last night. When I got there, my O2 was 89, so they put me on supplemental oxygen, iv fluids, iv steroid, and did a ct scan which showed pneumonia. I received RX for antibiotics, steroids, another inhaler, cough sryup, and the famous hydroxywhatever. (plaquenil) I'm still pretty short of breath when I'm moving around. I'm off work for another week, and will get tested again on Friday. Oh and stay isolated.

Have you been self probing? That seems to really help some people.

* proning not probing

Edited by TCB
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, math teacher said:

Oh, I am sorry 😞. I really hope you feel better soon. 

I've mostly only known friends/relatives of close friends of mine who have had it.  Two of them passed away.  One was a healthy woman, 50 years old, no underlying issues, one of the first in her state to get it.  The other who passed away was an elderly gentleman in NYC.

My mother is in a care center, and 12 people on her floor have gotten it, several have died.  These were people in rooms right next to my mother.  (My mother so far is testing negative -- they test weekly.)

My dd lives in a house with 5 other young people, and one of them tested positive for Covid and was feeling flu-like symptoms.  He confined himself to his room for two weeks, and had a designated bathroom.  He only used the kitchen when no one else was there, and would wear a visor, a mask, and gloves.  Remarkably, no one else in the house got it.  (They were all tested.)

My niece and her partner and their dd all have Covid.  My niece has been pretty sick (pneumonia-like symptoms), her partner was lethargic with night sweats.  Their dd has no symptoms.

• Sad 9

38 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

Oh no, that’s awful! 😞 

How is her mom doing? 

The last update I heard is that she is very ill and they are are not optimistic about her chances of surviving. It is so sad. They caught it from an in-home caregiver, a visiting nurse.

• Sad 10

1 minute ago, Selkie said:

The last update I heard is that she is very ill and they are are not optimistic about her chances of surviving. It is so sad. They caught it from an in-home caregiver, a visiting nurse.

That seems to be how people catch it 😕 . That's why they've been so restrictive about nursing homes, for better and worse.