Menu

Venting

Home'scool

My divorce saga continues ....

My STBX has now hired his 4TH attorney. We are going back to court (again) next Wednesday for contempt as he has not paid any of the temporary alimony in 6 months. His attorney indicated that they will be sending out a letter and a chart of credits. I have no idea what a chart of credits is. I just know that the letter will be as upsetting as all his other correspondence. He makes the most asinine, disrespectful offers and it always upsets me because it just reminds me how awful he is and how hard he is going to continually make this until the final decree. I literally woke up with hives this morning. It just keeps hanging over my head......

It helps to type it out and put it our there in black and white. Anxiety can only live in the dark so thank you for reading/listening 🙂

• Sad 20

I too wonder how he gets lawyers to take him on. I think he calls them, does a brief synopsis over the phone (leaving out all his evil deeds) and then, once they sign him up, they get all his files and see what a mess he is. Right now he owes about $30,000 to one lawyer, $40,000 to another. Both have liens on the case for his assets. My attorney also made sure to tell his new attorney about the time he showed up to her office, demanding to see her, and wouldn't leave.

We go back to court next Wednesday so I will post an update after that. I am hoping to either leave the courthouse with a check for back alimony, or he leaves in handcuffs.

Keep in mind, all of this is all just crap relating to the temporary order. We have not even begun to discuss a final offer. I am hoping, though, that that is straight forward. The house has been sold, we have no other properties, the kids are grown, so it should be an easy deal of deciding who pays what debt and how much alimony etc. He just manages to bog down the whole thing because he requests ridiculous things like me giving him $35,000 for the sweat equity he put into our house, or me paying for half the utilities when he was living in the marital house after I moved out. He makes close to 350K, I make 42K. We were married for 28 years. Think again, pal.

He hasn't seen his daughters in over 2 years. Every now and then he will text them but they refuse to speak with him. It's all just so horrible and unnecessary. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seasider too said:

I am concerned for you that the legal fees he owes will cut into funds that should go to you. Are you priority in order of liens against him?

Also, he needs to be sued for harassment because that is what this is, plain and simple. Hoping you get the most no-nonsense judge on the planet to put an end to this ridiculousness.

Remember the old days, when someone would pass a bad check, their name and maybe even a photo would be posted by a store’s cash register? I feel like someone needs to send a flier around to every law office in a 300 miles radius.

Oh, I hadn't thought of that but I wonder if that is what he's doing.  Can you ask your attorney how these things are processed in your state? Is he purposely running up as many legal bills as possible so you will get nothing?

Also, he needs to be sued for harassment because that is what this is, plain and simple. Hoping you get the most no-nonsense judge on the planet to put an end to this ridiculousness.

Hmmmmm this is an option I have not thought of. I have been trying to keep him accountable by taking him to court over and over, but don't want to fall too much into his game. He would love it if he could have something new to fight because it would just delay things again. 

I always knew he could be a huge procrastinator, and had the ability to literally block out what he doesn't want to face, but this is getting ridiculous. He will literally pull everyone down with him while he pouts about having to pay alimony.

His big point is that the money is HIS money that he earns. HE is the one who flies to Rwanda for business, HE is the one who has put together deals, etc. His first attorney took a kind of "just sign the paperwork, this is very fair" approach in which he offered me nothing. His second attorney was a shark type who went after me and fed into the family drama, his third lawyer took the approach of "Your Honor, the wife is doing just great, we are so proud of her! She has a wonderful job, with great benefits! She doesn't need any help from my client!"  I am interested in what approach this 4th lawyer will take. 

Next Wednesday cannot come fast enough

• Like 3