Menu

Your favorite chapped hands lotion?

Chris in VA

I wash my hands a lot at work and alternate with hand sanitizer. (I work in pharmacy and touch sick people's prescriptions and money all day).  I like Alba lotions. I buy them on Amazon or in stores like Whole Foods. I don't like greasy feeling creams or ointments like Aquaphor. Shea Moisture also makes some nice lotions. I prefer lotions without parabens. 

• Like 1

Gold Bond (the Healing or Soothing) are my go-to lotions. They absorb well. If my hands are cracked or very dry, I'll do Aquafor first (but only if I'm not going to be doing much - it's basically like Vaseline in feeling).

ETA: the Gold Bond is not like the powder. No tingly medicated feel (or smell).

Edited by alisoncooks
  • Like 1

My all time favorite because it moisturizes, absorbs withOUT greasiness, and has no odor or stinging. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TTD9BRC/ref=mp_s_a_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1549401586&sr=8-3&keywords=cerave+cream&dpPl=1&dpID=51BnbluZL0L&ref=plSrch

i use this sometimes too. It’s my second choice, but I only like to use it on the backs of my hands bc it feels a bit greasy to me if I use it all over my hands. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UOLCDNC/ref=mp_s_a_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1549401693&sr=8-5&fpw=pantry&keywords=neutrogena+norwegian&dpPl=1&dpID=41l1Esn9EIL&ref=plSrch

3 hours ago, mmasc said:

My all time favorite because it moisturizes, absorbs withOUT greasiness, and has no odor or stinging. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TTD9BRC/ref=mp_s_a_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1549401586&sr=8-3&keywords=cerave+cream&dpPl=1&dpID=51BnbluZL0L&ref=plSrch

I second the CeraVe Moisturizing Cream. The doctor told my dd to use it on her hands - she struggles with eczema in the winter months. It works very well. At night she puts lots on and then puts on some cotton gloves. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bambam said:

I second the CeraVe Moisturizing Cream. The doctor told my dd to use it on her hands - she struggles with eczema in the winter months. It works very well. At night she puts lots on and then puts on some cotton gloves. 

We like this too. 

I'm going to send her Working Hands for night and CeraVe for day to try out. Thanks so much! 

Being so far away and with unreliable mail service, I really appreciate your suggestions, because I can't really send little care packages and such. You have helped me feel better today! ❤

Edited by Chris in VA
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, happi duck said:

Btw, the Neutrogena is very concentrated.  You need to start out with way less than you might expect.

The same is true for Aquaphor. I have so many people tell me it's too greasy, they can't use it. I tell them they're using WAY too much. For hands start with a tiny dot. Add more if necessary.

I love CeraVe moisturizing cream (the one in the big tub) for my face, but it's nowhere near strong enough for my dry winter hands. But I'm older than most on here and have dry skin due to both age and AI issues. My definition of "dry" is probably worse than most.

• Like 1