Menu

The waiting is the hardest part

PeachyDoodle

1 hour ago, alisoncooks said:

You could do like we do and stress eat. (J/k)

DH just had his "final" bone marrow biopsy today (results on Monday). We went out to Chili's afterwards and ate all the foods...

I wish! Unfortunately, I don't stress eat, I binge eat. So that's something I'm having to work extra hard on managing right now...

Prayers for great results for your dh!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Hugs. I can empathize as I am waiting for results and having PET scan tomorrow.

Hoping it’s absolutely nothing for your son.

ETA:

I am helping my kids with filing and doing income tax returns in the meantime.

Sending hugs and prayers your way too. ❤️

• Thanks 1

I hope you get your results soon. It is hard to wait.

Usually I play computer games to distract myself. Right now I am waiting for middle to get done with a drive with his driving instructor, so I am playing on my phone mostly while I sit in the parking lot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

Just checking to see if you have heard anything yet. Do you know when they will be calling you?

Thanks for checking in. No, they said possibly tomorrow but a few of dd's tests take awhile. So could be a few more days.

Unfortunately I am still waiting on a call to schedule the appointment for my follow-ups. I thought that at least would come today. But it's almost 6pm here so I guess not.

• Sad 4

Ugh, just got a call from the pediatrician, which I ran to answer. Automated message telling me that test results are in the portal - so then I run to the computer to check. 

Yeah...some are back but the ones I'm most waiting for are still pending. False alarm. 

• Sad 4

17 minutes ago, Ktgrok said:

Ugh, just got a call from the pediatrician, which I ran to answer. Automated message telling me that test results are in the portal - so then I run to the computer to check. 

Yeah...some are back but the ones I'm most waiting for are still pending. False alarm. 

Ugh -- that's the worst! Every time the phone rings, my heart starts pounding. And I know that we're not likely to hear anything about dd today, or at least not until late in the day. But still, I can't help it.

• Sad 3

Can you call and ask if the results are in yet? I have found that sometimes it seems to help speed things along a little if you remind them that you’re worried, because they can sympathize with that and they will often go out of their way to call you more quickly when they get the results. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Catwoman said:

Can you call and ask if the results are in yet? I have found that sometimes it seems to help speed things along a little if you remind them that you’re worried, because they can sympathize with that and they will often go out of their way to call you more quickly when they get the results. 

Yes, we called but had to leave a voicemail. So still nothing.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Ktgrok said:

Got word that both tests were in fact done on youngest, and they were normal (although still can't see the results of the IgA in the portal). Other daughter has a note saying IgG is normal, no notation about IgA, and neither are viewable in the portal. 

3 out of 4 is good! Hopefully that last one comes back normal too.

• Like 2

Finally got some news. Not all of dd's tests are in, so we will have to wait until next week for final confirmation. But everything that is back so far has been negative, and the doc says in her opinion it's highly unlikely that any of the ones that are left will come back positive. The ones she was most concerned about are all fine.

So, overall really good news and we can breathe a bit easier.

Still no call for my next steps, but they said this week so if I don't hear today I will call tomorrow. I was much more worried about dd, so this helps a lot.

I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers!

• Like 24

3 minutes ago, Ktgrok said:

So glad! I also got good news, finally reached pediatrician and got a message back that both dd's tests, both IGA and IGG are negative! Now....I won't rest easy until I actually SEE the test results in the portal, but that's good news. 

Hooray for good news!