Menu

s/o Who wants to admit they eat "grated" powder parmesan cheese

I do keep some around here. I like the real stuff too, but we use so little of it at a time, that it is hard to buy it and then have to throw it out before it gets eaten--waste of money. I buy the real stuff sometimes (like if I'm making lasagna), but that Kraft is handy as it will keep for a very long time. ;)

I had been getting the Trader Joes equivalent lately... like the Kraft stuff but a little bit better (tastier).

But then I discovered how easy it is to grate my own with the Kitchen Aid attachments.

We'll be eating more of the fresh stuff, and I don't plan to buy pre-grated cheese again. :D The price may end up evening out this way... a little extra for parmesan, and a little less for blocks of cheddar. (Compared to the bags of pre-grated stuff.)

(I was the girl who scraped up her knuckles every single time the manual grater was put to use. The Kitchen Aid is ... a lot safer for me.)

and not the real stuff. Yuck. I grew up eating kraft powder crap. Once I moved out, and found real parmesan cheese I could never go back to cheese in a plastic bottle.

Powder crap cheese in a plastic bottle? Holy Moses, who would eat such a thing?!?! 'Fess up! Now! Expunge the evils of Kraft Powder Crap and its ilk - Velveeta, Philadelphia, Powdered Cheese Sauce - we must rid ourselves of this evil! :D :lol:

:001_huh:

Wait.

You're serious?

Heck yes, we eat it. Moose calls it "snow on Mt. Spaghetti."

Powder crap cheese in a plastic bottle? Holy Moses, who would eat such a thing?!?! 'Fess up! Now! Expunge the evils of Kraft Powder Crap and its ilk - Velveeta, Philadelphia, Powdered Cheese Sauce - we must rid ourselves of this evil! :D :lol:

That was so funny, I nearly choked on my Diet Pepsi! :lol:

I have bought the real stuff in the past, and it is yummy. I actually like the shredded parm better than grated. Lately, I have been buying the Kraft 100% parm cheese. My kids don't complain ;)

Edited by beansprouts

:001_huh:

Wait.

You're serious?

Heck yes, we eat it. Moose calls it "snow on Mt. Spaghetti."

LOL!!! I must say though Velveeta is where we part ways. Icky.

Please, nothing tastes better than a generous sprinkle of green can cheese over a hearty bowl of canned condensed cream of anything soup. Crumble some, "Chicken in a Biscuit", into that baby and you're gettin' your stew on (for AD fans).

Please, nothing tastes better than a generous sprinkle of green can cheese over a hearty bowl of canned condensed cream of anything soup. Crumble some, "Chicken in a Biscuit", into that baby and you're gettin' your stew on (for AD fans).

Ummm, I would like to join the Zelda Fan Club please!

:smilielol5:

You had me salivating right up to the "Chicken in a Biscuit" part. It's "Biskit", not "Biscuit", and I wouldn't touch the things. :D

Kidding. The kids and I love C in a B crackers and enjoy them on our environmentally friendly homemade-paper plates with a nice dollop of cheese. From our organic hormone-free goat.

You had me salivating right up to the "Chicken in a Biscuit" part. It's "Biskit", not "Biscuit", and I wouldn't touch the things. :D

Kidding. The kids and I love C in a B crackers and enjoy them on our environmentally friendly homemade-paper plates with a nice dollop of cheese. From our organic hormone-free goat.

Darn. I knew there was something about the spelling. I actually hate those things and find the very idea of putting chicken in a cracker very creepy. I worry that I'll go to the grocery and find a whole aisle of food like that: Pastrami in a Pineapple, Rotini in a Weenie, Falafel in a Waffle. *shudder*

Darn. I knew there was something about the spelling. I actually hate those things and find the very idea of putting chicken in a cracker very creepy.

I'm not positive, but I think they just use the, uh, nuggets.

I worry that I'll go to the grocery and find a whole aisle of food like that: Pastrami in a Pineapple, Rotini in a Weenie, Falafel in a Waffle. *shudder*

I have to cross to the other side of the mall and scurry right past Hot Dog on a Stick.

I actually hate those things and find the very idea of putting chicken in a cracker very creepy.

How 'bout in a potato chip?

When we were in China last year we had a chip tasting party with our friends because we were fascinated by all the strange flavors they had to offer.

Some of the flavors I remember were bar-b-que chicken, tomato, seafood, seaweed, wasabi lobster, Peking Duck, beef and black pepper.

:ack2:

and not the real stuff. Yuck. I grew up eating kraft powder crap. Once I moved out, and found real parmesan cheese I could never go back to cheese in a plastic bottle.

I prefer to grate it myself, but finances usually dictate otherwise. Fortunately, my guys couldn't care less and The Kid informed me just recently that he *prefers* the "crap." Okie dokie then! Cha-ching! :lol:

Well, LOL, I keep it in my fridge and use it all the time, on spaghetti, on popcorn, etc. But I also do like and use "real", grated parmesan and I occasionally splurge and buy big hunks of aged parmesan to just eat myself. I seem to crave it more in winter. I've just found a nice aged cheddar that's really reminescent of it, for some reason, and I've been enjoying it, too. I love all cheese, in all its many forms.....

love the stuff :D

oldest ds is on a cooking spree and I have bought lots of types of specialty cheeses to feed his recipe experiemnts. I have tried the real parmesan shredded and grated at home. I'm not impressed.

I'll stick w/ the dry cheese in a can any day of the week. And the spray stuff!

:D