Menu

Anyone interested in a photo challenge during the month of July?

fairfarmhand

24 minutes ago, Barb_ said:

What a beautiful building-is it yours?

No, it’s a historic waterfront town on the eastern shore of MD. It’s about 90 minutes from where I live. We were just there a few days ago and I found it fascinating that the whole town had real, working shutters. Dh and I rented a cottage there while Ds was at summer camp and this photo was taken while we explored the town. It would be cool to live there. 

Also, because if The Hive, I noticed what color all the doors were. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

No, it’s a historic waterfront town on the eastern shore of MD. It’s about 90 minutes from where I live. We were just there a few days ago and I found it fascinating that the whole town had real, working shutters. Dh and I rented a cottage there while Ds was at summer camp and this photo was taken while we explored the town. It would be cool to live there. 

Also, because if The Hive, I noticed what color all the doors were. ?

That’s me too. Now I keep looking to see if anyone else has a yellow door! I have only seen one so far, but I haven’t been in the type of community where people are allowed to be individualistic about their doors! ? I’m sure a community like the one in your picture would have a couple. 

Patterns everywhere.

My husband moved to Chicago during the recession. We thought it was going to be temporary, but our situation has since evolved into a lifestyle. We’ve been schleping 1850 miles twice a year for 8 years now. This one was take in Tulsa on our way out here. That little girl was an infant when he moved. You can tell by their body language she and the dog have the drill down cold.

9E0A3FCA-BE0D-4A98-9646-82515F25A2AC.jpeg

• Like 6

Pattern.

Cheating and linking TWO, and also cheating because these were from the Aug. 2017 eclipse. One is the eclipse shadow pattern through a collander, the other is the pattern of the shadow of the eclipsing sun through tree leaves onto the concrete driveway!

eclipse 1.jpg

eclipse 3.jpg

• Like 7

On 6/21/2018 at 9:10 PM, fairfarmhand said:

Ok. I’ll start tomorrow. I have the prompts written out. 

June 22–glamorous 

June 23–tangled

June 24–window

June 25–pattern

June 26–smallest to largest 

June 27–collection

June 28–disorganized

June 29–chores

June 30–silhouette 

Quoting because I’m tired of scrolling to find the next days prompt 

• Like 2

It's minutes from 06/26 and the "small to largest" theme so I am doing it now since I won't get around to it tomorrow...the second one from the left was missing his bottom. Pretty sure I know who is to blame for this but he moved out several years back.

Panda Bears - small to large.jpg

• Like 4

Just now, Rachel said:

What a beautiful family!

Thank you! I’m glad we took it then because since then one shaved her head, one, went hot pink, and one moved to California. Also I just realized I cheated a little because I didn’t take this one. 

• Like 4

OK - my first idea was to line up the animals from smallest to largest.  But the bunnies fought, the cat hid, the puppy tried to chase the rabbits and the disabled dog just huddled miserably.  So photo shoot was shut down for everyohe's sanity!  I will find something inanimate to shoot just to soothe my battered nerves! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

Just now, happi duck said:

Was it fantastic?  I'd love to see this exhibit!

It was really interesting. We didn't go to see the stuff at the Cloisters. The stuff from the Vatican was neat, but I'm not a huge nut for that stuff, so I didn't really appreciate it - we sort of breezed through because we were on a museum heavy day in NYC. Dh should have been with us. He played priest dress up as a kid all the time. This part in the photo I used was really different from anything I'd seen in a museum ever, honestly, and I'm a museum nut, so I've seen a lot. Everything was in amidst the Met's regular medieval collection. It's all high end couture designs from the last fifty years or so. Stuff like Schiaperelli and so forth, just set amidst the art and artifacts. Like under these dresses are tons of Byzantine mosaics. And there was a soundtrack just for the show. Like a sort of medieval music via modern interpretation kind of thing. I can't think of an art show that was set to music that I've seen. Maybe gallery stuff? Nothing this big. It was definitely intriguing.

• Like 1

Smallest to Largest challenge

Just a few of our Golden Books from tiny to small to little to giant:
- "tiny Golden Book" Cinderella's New Ball Gown (from DH's childhood Tiny Golden Library, seen at top of frame)
- "first small Golden Book" Richard Scarry's Christmas Mice
- "a little Golden Book" The Monster at the End of This Book
- "a little Golden Book" The Pokey Little Puppy's First Christmas
- "giant Golden Book" of Mathematics

Golden books 2.jpg

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Farrar said:

It was really interesting. We didn't go to see the stuff at the Cloisters. The stuff from the Vatican was neat, but I'm not a huge nut for that stuff, so I didn't really appreciate it - we sort of breezed through because we were on a museum heavy day in NYC. Dh should have been with us. He played priest dress up as a kid all the time. This part in the photo I used was really different from anything I'd seen in a museum ever, honestly, and I'm a museum nut, so I've seen a lot. Everything was in amidst the Met's regular medieval collection. It's all high end couture designs from the last fifty years or so. Stuff like Schiaperelli and so forth, just set amidst the art and artifacts. Like under these dresses are tons of Byzantine mosaics. And there was a soundtrack just for the show. Like a sort of medieval music via modern interpretation kind of thing. I can't think of an art show that was set to music that I've seen. Maybe gallery stuff? Nothing this big. It was definitely intriguing.

Was it very crowded? Last two Met fashion exhibits I went to were madhouses. But I got to see Valentino at the last one, so.

but I didn’t not enjoy being jostled around at the McQueen one, with little DD inside a sling to boot (no one cares) ugh

48 minutes ago, madteaparty said:

Was it very crowded? Last two Met fashion exhibits I went to were madhouses. But I got to see Valentino at the last one, so.

but I didn’t not enjoy being jostled around at the McQueen one, with little DD inside a sling to boot (no one cares) ugh

Crowded but not crazy for the Met.

Our best NYC Museum stop turned out to be Cooper Hewett this go.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

Cleaning the fridge and coping with mystery containers after a week of eating out. (Small to Large) #ewwww

92E82F4A-11DF-4530-85B2-878F7BEBD422.jpeg

This looks sooooo familiar, except mine are still stuffed into the fridge and haven’t made it out.

3 minutes ago, Selkie said:

My small collection of Viking amulets. These are around 1000 years old. The animal amulet is a lynx. The two that are shaped like crescent moons are lunulas, which were worn by girls and women. The other two are Thor’s hammers.

E4BA4DDC-AF52-47D5-B298-A12C97C51974.jpeg

That’s incredible! How did you come yo have this? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Missed yesterday bc all my smaller to larger had pics of kids somewhere.

Collection - my coffee bar this very moment. All the mugs and all the bags Starbucks coffee my son brings home every week. 

Ignore the rag. A kid spilled hot water from the kettle for their oatmeal right before I snapped the picture. 

Eta: I would have shown my yarn collection but I couldn’t get it all in less than three pics. ?

2B0B68CD-F353-4FC7-B37A-242120692BDE.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1