Menu

Anyone interested in a photo challenge during the month of July?

fairfarmhand

I don’t really have collections of anything anymore. Definitely nothing worth photographing. However, I recently bought a fortune’s worth of dry storage containers and organized my collection of baking supplies and dry goods. 

120A9BAD-0E5B-47A0-98DC-AD89B54229C8.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Quill said:

That’s incredible! How did you come yo have this? 

These all came from antiquities dealers. I have a great interest in Viking history and have always been fascinated by amulets. The larger lunula was the first one I got, to mark a milestone in my life. I've been slowly adding to my collection over the past few years, and dh has gotten me a couple as gifts. 

• Like 4

Collection

Stickers on the garage freezer. When I asked my kids what I collected my eldest son replied, “Years!” But as a family we  have been collecting stickers for a couple years. When they started arriving with orders we started sticking them on the fridge and now we let the kids pick them out in gift shops too. 

64506BBC-6FA4-414F-8B1D-07801787B79E.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Collection:

Shells collected on our honeymoon over 30 years ago, as we strolled along a beach on Vancouver Island. And stored in the one surviving champagne flute of the pair of flutes and a bottle of champagne that flew in my suitcase so that we could celebrate on our honeymoon. The brandy glass is the collection of shells from our 25th anniversary, again celebrated on Vancouver Island. We saw a pod of orca (another type of collection, lol), go by in the channel, just outside the window of our B&B. (:D

shell collection.jpg

shell collection 2.jpg

• Like 10

Collection: my copper pans. The beginning of my collection was the ones that I inherited from my grandmother (you can just see them over her stove) I’ve added to them over the years. Copper is currently trendy but I’ve loved it ever since I was a kid because of my grandmother.

D77659DC-0548-4D1B-85DD-D238F596534B.jpeg

8985068C-6AF6-435F-AA3D-C57B16F84FCC.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, fairfarmhand said:

Collection: my copper pans. The beginning of my collection was the ones that I inherited from my grandmother (you can just see them over her stove) I’ve added to them over the years. Copper is currently trendy but I’ve loved it ever since I was a kid because of my grandmother.

D77659DC-0548-4D1B-85DD-D238F596534B.jpeg

8985068C-6AF6-435F-AA3D-C57B16F84FCC.jpeg

Oh! My kitchen is covered in these too! Yours are so shiny.

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:06 AM, Murphy101 said:

Am I first for today’s?

Window-

My son is so proud of buying his first car. He’s been saving since forever to have enough and couldn’t wait to show me all the new bells and whistles. Right down to asking me what the thingies on the windows are for and help setting up the Bluetooth system.  I’m so happy for him. His old car is literally falling apart.  They wouldn’t even give him $200 tradein on it.

815C54BA-DC0C-4CB8-A751-09766BD6ED13.jpeg

Very nice car!

• Like 2

I've been enjoying all the photos so far!

20180627_172320.jpg

My miniature house collection. I got these from the dollar store when I was a kid. My parents just downsized so I got them back. I still like them ?

20180627_170903.jpg

I had to post this one after seeing the copper pan collection! More of my miniatures; I haven't found a good place for these yet.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Cecropia said:

My insect collection

IMG_0975[1].jpg

IMG_0982[1].jpg

That makes so much sense with your user name and avatar now. And, BTW, if you have any need for Locust borers in your collection, I have specimens, unfortunately, systematically ruining trees in my yard. 

I've been clearing out my late sister's apartment.  I left the garage until last because she had told me "it's almost empty". 

It wasn't.

I miss her terribly and in her defense I think the guy "helping" her was lying to her.  I'm eager to be done.  It's been hard going through her stuff especially on a tight deadline.

IMG_20180613_130622537.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Disorganized - Ds' accident last January when a car blew through a red light and hit him.  He walked away with a sprained wrist and bruises.

So scary, Jean! Praise the Lord that your DS walked away with so little hurt from that event!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, happi duck said:

I've been clearing out my late sister's apartment.  I left the garage until last because she had told me "it's almost empty". 

It wasn't.

I miss her terribly and in her defense I think the guy "helping" her was lying to her.  I'm eager to be done.  It's been hard going through her stuff especially on a tight deadline.

IMG_20180613_130622537.jpg

My mom has a China cabinet very similar to that one. I’m sorry for your loss, I bet you miss your sister!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Disorganized...it’s so pitiful because I realize I am lucky to have a room in the house over the garage that is for homeschooling. But one has to go through DD’s room to get to the studio and, since she has been back home and she often works night shifts, I have not been able to get back there and organize, nor prepare things for the coming schoolyear. But she is staying for the next two weeks at a friend’s house for a pet/house sitting gig, so I must get this disaster area handled while she is gone! 

06490655-6807-44A9-9517-D84241325A1B.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

... is anyone else treating this more as a scavenger hunt and less as a photography thing?

Yes! But, I am also *attempting* to be slightly artistic in framing and subject choice. With varying amounts of success, lol. 

• Like 1