Menu

Some positive news and another prayer request.

dirty ethel rackham

About 10 days ago, I posted about K having a serious psychotic episode brought on by an inability to sleep.  I wanted to update that K has been doing better and making some better decisions about self-care.  Today, K is at orientation for a JOB!!!  Can I shout it again?  A JOB!  K hasn't had a job in 2 years.  It is a drivers' assistant on a UPS truck.  She has had this job before.  Can I ask you to pray that K gets assigned to a driver who isn't an a$$ hat?  K really needs the job, not only for money, but to have some structure and some recent work history when applying for more permanent positions.  And K is very sensitive about certain subject and political views, which can be very and we can't afford for K to get all hot under the collar and decide to quit.

For those that haven't followed our odyssey with K, she is transgender and likely has schizo-affective disorder.  She is on medication and is diligent about medication, but has lacked in other areas of self-care.  And she struggles with stability, making my life at home here very difficult.    

• Like 31

Wow, I can feel the relief and hope in your post. This could be such a big step forward. I hope it all works out. Please keep us posted.

I'm also so glad that K was able to get her sleep back on track and head off a crisis. Does she have something like Clonidine or Benadryl she can take when she needs to sleep but can't wind down?

Oh that is such good news! Yay for positive steps, yay for sleep & let's hope she gets a chill and fun, calm work colleague.

You all really deserve a break.

I really couldn’t have said this better. Ditto.