Menu

Talk to me about microfiber sheets

Janie Grace

I've always been a cotton sheets purist. But I'm looking at XL sheets for my kid going off to college and there are way more choices (and better prices) in microfiber, and the reviews are excellent. Microfiber couches and cleaning cloths kind of make my skin crawl (the way they stick to you). I'm thinking this must be different. Can someone describe what they are like? Are they hot?

Same question here.  I can't imagine them breathing as well as cotton, but it's really hard to find cotton sheets now, especially for college students!  I bought a set of microfiber ones at Costco (well, 2 sets in one, and it was a great price), but DS and I are waffling about it.  I can't even remember what we did for DS1, and that was only 2 years ago!

Edited by AFwife Claire
  • Like 1

my son likes them.

but I've found good prices on xl wamsutta cotton at bedbath&beyond in the store - especially with a coupon. (which they still take after the expiration date.) my boys only use the bottom sheet and pillow cases - they just want the duvet on top . .. .

• Like 1

I hate them.  They do not feel as nice and don't breathe.  I don't care if they come with an extra two pockets on the side for phones/devices.

We found twin XL in cotton at Ikea and Target.  We ONLY found twin XL mattress pads at Ikea, in case you're looking for those as well.

We have one set of microfiber sheets that came as part of a "bed in a bag", they are pretty, soft, cool to the touch, silky, WONDERFUL. Any other microfiber we have gotten in several price ranges, have been icky, pillled up, static-y, sweaty, hair/lint collecting misery.

I also get the skin crawling thing from microfiber usually. But I do have a pair of microfiber sheets and I love them. I got them at Costco. I like them so much I went back and bought four more sets, LOL. I don't know what the differences but it's a very different feeling. They feel more like a very soft cotton.

• Like 1

Our local Target has threshold XL twin sheets on sale right now. They're pricier but they are nice organic cotton. IKEA also has cotton XLT sheets this time of year and they are both nice and economical.

I bought one set of microfiber sheets when they first came out do not like them. They're actually rather thin and just feel...sticky?

I also get the skin crawling thing from microfiber usually. But I do have a pair of microfiber sheets and I love them. I got them at Costco. I like them so much I went back and bought four more sets, LOL. I don't know what the differences but it's a very different feeling. They feel more like a very soft cotton.

You don't find them to be too hot in our climate? I keep hearing that they don't breathe and that worries me. Our memory foam-topped bed is really hot and so are memory foam pillows. I have this idea in my head that microfiber sheets will only make it worse.

You don't find them to be too hot in our climate? I keep hearing that they don't breathe and that worries me. Our memory foam-topped bed is really hot and so are memory foam pillows. I have this idea in my head that microfiber sheets will only make it worse.

Maybe slightly warmer? Not bad though. I was worried too. 

I will say, that years ago I tried microfiber sheets and HATED them. They have definitely improved lately. 

• Like 1