Menu

What browser do you use?

Night Elf

I've used Firefox for years but I'm having a problem and want to switch browsers. My new laptop with Windows 10 came with Edge and they obviously recommend I use it. DH uses Chrome and suggests I use it instead. Is there a trick to choosing a browser? I originally went with Firefox because it had an add-on extension called Reminder Fox that I used. I don't use that anymore so I'm not tied to Firefox.

• Like 2

I use Google Chrome about 99% of the time. I also have Mozilla Firefox installed. Both are extremely good. You need to also have the Microsoft Browser (in your case, Edge) installed, at all times too, so that you can get the Critical Updates for Windows.

Chrome and Safari, depending on device.

Me too. I like Chrome better, but it uses more battery on my Mac and of course it's way easier to synch Safari across my devices and access my pages.

I tried FireFox, but it just has too many blocks set up on it and I felt like I spent more time giving permission for things to run than I actually did surfing the web. I'm sure there was some setting for that, but I never figured it out. 

I use both Chrome and Firefox. My dd was asking why? Because sometimes one works and the other doesn't. Sometimes one is working quicker than the other. I don't have Windows 10 so I have never used Edge. I will be getting a new desktop soon and will have it but intend to continue with Firefox and Chrome.

I use both Safari and Chrome, even on the same device!  My latest laptop came with Safari, so that's what I got into using and where most of my saved bookmarks, etc. are.  But then we got a Chrome plug for our TV (not sure exactly what they're called!) as a Christmas gift so that we can stream movies on our TV via my laptop.  But that requires me to use Chrome.  I keep hearing Chrome is supposed to be faster but they seem the same to me.

Chrome on all of my devices, because I love the way it syncs over all of my devices. I use Firefox and Chrome when I'm working so that I can have both of our businesses open in Quickbooks Online, but that is the only reason I use it. I don't like it nearly as much as Chrome.

I used to use Firefox but switched to Chrome years ago. My new Windows 10 laptop will sometimes open things in Edge, but I always go back to Chrome. Maybe Edge is decent, I don't know. I've never been happy with any Microsoft browsers (remember the browser wars and Netscape vs. IE?) so I haven't been willing to give it a chance. 

I also use Chrome on my android phone and tablet.

• Like 1