Menu

Ink pens.....what are your favorite

Ottakee

I will admit that my ink pens almost all have advertising for something on them......meaning they are the free pens that people give away.  The credit union ones and church ones are pretty decent, some others, not so great.

The other day I found a pen here at home that had a super fine point and wrote more like a super super fine point marker/gel pen.  It was super smooth, easy to write with, and looked really nice.  Now I can't find that pen back.  I think it might have been a Pilot brand but not sure.  I used it to do my Bible study that day and it really made it more joyful.....if an ink pen can do that.

Any idea what type of pen that might have been?  Ideas of ones that you just love?  I am not looking to spend $$$ money on an ink pen but I might go against my Dutch roots and actually pay a few dollars for such a nice ink pen.  If I get one I might hide it in my bedroom with my Bible study materials so it doesn't walk away.

I really like these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002R0DYVI/ref=yo_ii_pd_dx_gr_2?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B002R0DYVI&pd_rd_r=R88FTGR1WK12MCW8X2HT&pd_rd_w=XZiKB&pd_rd_wg=5awKk&psc=1&refRID=R88FTGR1WK12MCW8X2HT

They have changed them slightly since I last bought some, but I still love the way they write. I usually use blue but I also have them in other colors for when I correct my kids' schoolwork or write them little notes.

If you have a Staples or other office supply store you can usually try out the pens before purchasing one.

I like the staedtlers for what I write on. The sharpie pens are nice but bleed too much on the notebooks and workbooks I usually use, so I rarely get to use them.

I also like the jetstream pens for just ordinary notebook writing/cursive because of how fast they write (at least for the first half of ink). Because they are ball point the kids can't damage them like my staedtlers so I am way more relaxed about leaving them where I need them.

I use G2 pens. I haven't found another pen I like better. Maybe that's because I always buy G2.

My son is a scientist who has to keep meticulous lab notes and he uses a pen that costs over $100! It IS a REALLY nice pen, but I don't think I would ever buy a pen like that.

Energel. They dry quickly and write smoothly.

Also, inkjoy gel pens (not ballpoint).

My favorite, though, are Pilot Hi Tec C. I've got the multi pens and the maica 0.4. I order through Amazon or Jet Pens.

Of course, I'm in a fountain pen phase right now.

Edited by JudoMom

Energel. They dry quickly and write smoothly.

Also, inkjoy gel pens (not ballpoint).

My favorite, though, are Pilot Hi Tec C. I've got the multi pens and the maica 0.4. I order through Amazon or Jet Pens.

Of course, I'm in a fountain pen phase right now.

This is a dangerous thread for one's Amazon cart.......... It took me a while to come around on the Inkjoy pens, but I am now a fan. I tried the Staedtler's pens, but they aren't comfortable. Although I like the way they right- they're too skinny or something. So Inkjoy are my current fav's. 

I will admit that my ink pens almost all have advertising for something on them......meaning they are the free pens that people give away.  The credit union ones and church ones are pretty decent, some others, not so great.

The other day I found a pen here at home that had a super fine point and wrote more like a super super fine point marker/gel pen.  It was super smooth, easy to write with, and looked really nice.  Now I can't find that pen back.  I think it might have been a Pilot brand but not sure.  I used it to do my Bible study that day and it really made it more joyful.....if an ink pen can do that.

Any idea what type of pen that might have been?  Ideas of ones that you just love?  I am not looking to spend $$$ money on an ink pen but I might go against my Dutch roots and actually pay a few dollars for such a nice ink pen.  If I get one I might hide it in my bedroom with my Bible study materials so it doesn't walk away.

My all time favorite pen is a little expensive. Schneider Slider Rave XB  https://smile.amazon.com/STW132503-Stride-Inc-Schneider-Ballpoint/dp/B006W8DT16/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1492179045&sr=8-7&keywords=Schneider+Slider+Rave+XB

When I want different colors (or cheaper) I use Papermate InkJoy pens and they "Spark Joy" here as well. https://smile.amazon.com/Paper-Mate-InkJoy-Assorted-Colors/dp/B019QBODBU/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1492179097&sr=8-5&keywords=Inkjoy

I love the G-2 pens --- but they have this horrible habit of leaking as they get close to the end of the ink. If you are paying attention and they start that scratching, toss them. If not, clean up the mess. After two leaked in my purse, I decided to try a new pen. I like the super fine point (0.38) so there aren't many out there. So, I'm trying the Signo Uniball UM-151. So far, I like them. I wish they had a clickable/retractable, but that option isn't available. These are nice - flow of ink isn't quite as nice as the G-2s but still very nice. Comfort in hand - good. Longevity - seems equal or greater than the G2s. Leaking? None yet!