Menu

Am I pregnant?!?!

MaryMak07

I can't see the picture but I think digital tests are a little less sensitive. A line is a line if it's pink at all. I would test in a couple more days. (Who am I kidding, I would test again today, a few times tomorrow, the next day, and the next.) :p 

Tentative congrats! :)

• Like 12

I can't see the picture, but digital sometimes takes a bit longer to show up from what I remember. 

I also remember the blue dye tests showed false positives with faint lines more frequently than the pink ones. What color was it? 

Maybe wait a couple of days and test again?  

• Like 1

I can't see the pic, but they say a line is a line.  

I'd just wait a few days, and then test again.  The hcg doubles about every 48-72 hours, so the faint line should get darker.  Different brands have different levels of sensitivity.  I believe the digital tests range from 25-50 whatever the unit is, where some of the line tests will show up faintly as low as 6-8.  So, a faint line on a non-digital test might not pop a digital test positive for another week or so.  Also, if it was a blue dye test, they do sometimes give a faint line when you are not pregnant, but the pink dye tests are supposedly more accurate.  Lastly, if the line didn't appear within the time window in the instructions, or is a grey line instead of dyed, it could be an "evaporation line", which is not a positive.

• Like 1

So why the "not pregnant" on the digital one?

I'll definitely be retesting in the morning!

Because your hcg level is still probably only about 10-20.  It takes 25-50 to get a positive on the digital.  Since the numbers double every 48-72 hours, a digital won't be positive for another 2 days at least, maybe even longer.

• Like 5

tests look for HCG.

things  that affect readings . .  .

some tests are more sensitive than others.

morning urine has more HCG than other times of day.

false negatives are common - usually due to testing too soon.

if you can see the hcg line, it's likely positive.  it may still be early enough to not get a strong reading.

Wait a few days and try again. It looks positive but not strongly. With my first I didn't get a strong positive until I was about a week late whereas with my second I got a strong positive 4 days before I was due (and felt very pregnant). All pregnancies are different.

Edited by kiwik