Menu

Meanwhile in Canada

hornblower

Just gonna add this to the "Meanwhile In Canada" heading... a woman sees a man on the street. Tall, bloody face, holding a gun. She actually approaches him to ask if he's okay [insert jaw drop here] and he refuses to answer. She calls the police.

... it was a mannequin of Arnold Schwarzenegger dressed like the Terminator, outside a video store.  :lol:

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/08/04/man-seen-with-a-gun-in-toronto-turns-out-to-be-terminator-cutout.html

Edited by SproutMamaK
  • Like 12

oh my...I have SUCH a crush on him, and that didn't help one bit. 

I don't even know what his politics are. Surely they are better than what we've got going on right here right now, and even if they aren't, at least he'd be pretty to look at. 

• Like 6

Just gonna add this to the "Meanwhile In Canada" heading... a woman sees a man on the street. Tall, bloody face, holding a gun. She actually approaches him to ask if he's okay [insert jaw drop here] and he refuses to answer. She calls the police.

... it was a mannequin of Arnold Schwarzenegger dressed like the Terminator, outside a video store.  :lol:

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/08/04/man-seen-with-a-gun-in-toronto-turns-out-to-be-terminator-cutout.html

I love that the last sentence of the article is, "No injuries were reported."

:lol:

• Like 6

Well, I don't think politics is allowed, but briefly, he's more liberal than Obama (even the fiscally conservative side in Canada is about as liberal as Democrats).

ETA: I shouldn't get into details.

Edited by Incognito
  • Like 2

ok, so some issues, but given that I was feeling the Bern, I'd probably like him. I think that's bad for me to know. I was holding off my lust by telling myself he's probably super conservative or something...now the only thing keeping me from stalking him is the cold weather up there. If global warming kicks in I may have a problem in my marriage.....

(just kidding y'all...not going to stalk any politicians nor cheat on my husband. Might look up some more photos of him though.....)

• Like 7

I believe this was meant as a fun photo. Rules everyone, we are to keep our politics to ourselves, even if they are not US politics.  If we don't behave, we won't get fun photobomb pics!

Ok, I'll be good! Let's go back to talking about how he's always shirtless...which is a very good thing. I don't understand how, given the weather up there, but I'm not complaining. Not one bit. 

Yes, it's a fun photo. And, certainly I will keep my politics to myself. I just want to clarify that the views of 'the priorities of his government' expressed above are not considered accurate by all.

understood. It was enough to tell me where on the spectrum he is...which just makes me want him more. Sigh. 

Earlier this week he took another shirtless selfie. He was caving and another family spotted him and asked for a picture.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2016/08/02/peterborough-family-goes-on-hike-to-see-a-quebec-cave-and-finds-justin-trudeau.html

He saves a lot of money by not owning many shirts.

A friend/enabler sent me that one. 

Maybe that's part of the fiscal plan?  :lol:  One I hope our current politicians don't take up. I don't need to see that. 

• Like 2

ok, so some issues, but given that I was feeling the Bern, I'd probably like him. I think that's bad for me to know. I was holding off my lust by telling myself he's probably super conservative or something...now the only thing keeping me from stalking him is the cold weather up there. If global warming kicks in I may have a problem in my marriage.....

(just kidding y'all...not going to stalk any politicians nor cheat on my husband. Might look up some more photos of him though.....)

Did you know that he used to be a school teacher?  And a snowboard instructor?  And that he does yoga?  Like this:

o-JUSTIN-TRUDEAU-570.jpg?16

Edited by Audrey
  • Like 5

y'all, my husband is out of town...this is so not good, lol. I may run away to the frozen north before he gets home from Vegas!

Did you know that he used to be a school teacher?  And a snowboard instructor?  And that he does yoga?  Like this:

o-JUSTIN-TRUDEAU-570.jpg?16

SaveSave

One I hope our current politicians don't take up. I don't need to see that. 

Yeah, I was thinking about the "how to decide who to vote for thread", and voting for the hottest candidate would probably mean a write-in, as I'd certainly not be voting for one of the main parties in that case (not that I get to vote).

y'all, my husband is out of town...this is so not good, lol. I may run away to the frozen north before he gets home from Vegas!

The north is not very frozen at the moment. Unless you go way north, but most Canadians live *just* across the border.

Yeah, I was thinking about the "how to decide who to vote for thread", and voting for the hottest candidate would probably mean a write-in, as I'd certainly not be voting for one of the main parties in that case (not that I get to vote).

The north is not very frozen at the moment. Unless you go way north, but most Canadians live *just* across the border.

Compared to Florida, it's frozen, lol! I'm sitting here under a blanket right now, and the AC is set at 77 degrees. 

• Like 1

I was really thrown off by the photo and comments. I sure wasn't expecting him to be respectfully standing aside waiting while someone walked by. I was totally sure he was the one quickly ushering the bride somewhere (while elbowing the lady out of the way). ;)  Inside joke, as the PM's "ushering technique" made big news recently in Canada - though NOT international news like Ottawa's sink-hole did.

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 3

Yes, but for Floridians like Katie and me anything below 70 F is "frozen", and just across the border is a long way off.  :001_tt2:

Edited by Lady Florida.

oh my...I have SUCH a crush on him, and that didn't help one bit. 

I don't even know what his politics are. Surely they are better than what we've got going on right here right now, and even if they aren't, at least he'd be pretty to look at. 

If you go to the POlitical Compass website, you can get a fair overview of the Liberal party position on the page about our 2015 election, and compare it to the various American leaders.

• Like 1

Yes, but for Floridians like Katie and me anything below 70 F is "frozen", and just across the border is a long way off.  :001_tt2:

It's not under 70F here. Now, admittedly, I'm not *in* Canada, but I'm close enough I could walk to Canada. It's been in the 80s for the past few weeks, with only the occasional day in the high 70s.

Guys, I had to turn the AIR CONDITIONING on twice this week!!!! It's been positively roasting! :D 

JT is continuing his "I'm so awesome" trend by celebrating World Breastfeeding Week on twitter with a photo of his wife breastfeeding their son. https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/762064957781450752

You know, at this point, I don't even think my husband would blame me.

• Like 5

It's not under 70F here. Now, admittedly, I'm not *in* Canada, but I'm close enough I could walk to Canada. It's been in the 80s for the past few weeks, with only the occasional day in the high 70s.

Checked our forecast for the week, we're in the mid-30s this week, feeling like the low/mid-40s. :/ Time to go do some conversions, lol...

According to google's calculator, because I am too lazy to do my own darn math, this week we're sitting at around 92, with humidity feeling like 109. Not sure what temps are like in Florida right now, though I'm assuming they would be higher than that... but we're not exactly shovelling snow up here. ;)

Edited by SproutMamaK
  • Like 1

I can't relate - he just looks and sounds like a central Canadian private school boy to me.

True.  I think they don't know that while he's nice enough looking,  he's still just in the average range for Canadian men. 

• Like 5

True.  I think they don't know that while he's nice enough looking,  he's still just in the average range for Canadian men. 

You REALLY want Katie to hop on that plane to Canada, don't you? ;) I feel like you're betraying us here, the sexy men were supposed to be a well-kept secret as a reward for getting through the winters!

• Like 2

You REALLY want Katie to hop on that plane to Canada, don't you? ;) I feel like you're betraying us here, the sexy men were supposed to be a well-kept secret as a reward for getting through the winters!

LOL! I knew there had to be a reason y'all stayed up there, beyond Tim Hortons. 

SaveSave

• Like 1

Oops.  Sorry!  :blush:  â€‹

I take it all back.  There are no men up here.  Nope.  Nothing to see here people.  Move along. 

• Like 1