Menu

Indulge me in a tiny brag on my dd

Matryoshka

This is not tiny...this is awesome.  Thanks for sharing. 

Thanks everyone - and one thing that emboldened me to share (besides being super-proud of her :) ) is that I feel like I've been helped so much hearing about other people's dc's successes, and how it could be done.  

• Like 5

Wonderful news! So, is maritime archaeology like finding shipwrecks?

Yes, or also sunken cities, I guess, though there aren't many of those. And of course excavating them scientifically, not treasure-hunting. The field school she's at is a shoreline wreck, so not much underwater work. If she actually goes into this, she'll have to learn to dive - just signed her up for a basic course.

• Like 4

You know, your daughter,s path so far sounds a lot like Jane in NC,s son,s path to being an archaeologist, which is very promising! Jane,s son graduated from college and has been a working archaeologist for a few years now. His summer contacts and his professors made this possible.

Great news! I think it is important to share the good stuff here, not just the cries for help. : )

Nan

You know, your daughter,s path so far sounds a lot like Jane in NC,s son,s path to being an archaeologist, which is very promising! Jane,s son graduated from college and has been a working archaeologist for a few years now. His summer contacts and his professors made this possible.

Great news! I think it is important to share the good stuff here, not just the cries for help. : )

Nan

I hope so - I've read Jane's posts about her ds with great interest - those were definitely some of the success posts I was referring to. :) His story helped me advise my dd as to how one might become an archaeologist rather than just majoring in archaeology (though then she did all the work finding and making the contacts).

• Like 1

I hope so - I've read Jane's posts about her ds with great interest - those were definitely some of the success posts I was referring to. :) His story helped me advise my dd as to how one might become an archaeologist rather than just majoring in archaeology (though then she did all the work finding and making the contacts).

That,s good. I didn,t do it justice in my brief description. It is nice to see people taking advantage of the flexibility that homeschooling offers to allow their children to do something other than make the teen years a waiting period. : )

Nan

• 3 weeks later...