Menu

trapper John passed any one else remember him

lynn

Trapper John, what a blast from the past. I'm a little young for MASH but he had his own spin off for a while that I remember.

I know nothing of the actor but wish his family peace.

Wayne Rogers didn't play John McIntyre in Trapper John MD. The character in the spinoff was played by Pernell Roberts. I this is because the spinoff jumps ahead by thirty years in time.

• Like 2

I broke the news to my guys when I saw it on my homepage yesterday.  We're bummed.  MASH was a favorite here in their growing up years.  

We watched many of the "old" shows that hubby and I enjoyed in our youth... meaning we get bummed fairly often with the obituaries when they get written.  (Not the obituary itself, but the "need" for it.  We like to remember the actors/actresses in their prime when we watched them.)  It's a sad reminder that time marches on for all of us.  No one stays in their prime.

• Like 1

DH and I watched it when it was on the air. It was a favorite. The night of the final show, we went to my brother's house to watch with him and his wife . I was shocked to see blood! They had a color TV and our's was black and white.

Btw, we got our first color TV a few years later just in time for a Doctor who marathon.

• Like 1

Wayne Rogers didn't play John McIntyre in Trapper John MD. The character in the spinoff was played by Pernell Roberts. I this is because the spinoff jumps ahead by thirty years in time.

He did do a show with Lynn Redgrave (?) though.  House Calls.  It was short lived, but funny.

• Like 1

I remember. I found Wayne Rodgers fascinating because he went on to have a really successful investing career outside of acting. I'm always intrigued when people have success in such diverse fields.Another example is Peter Weller's Ph.D.

Jimmy stewart had a degree in architecture from princeton. (he greatly impressed his professors who arranged for him to have a scholarship for graduate level studies -  he turned it down.)   he was a bomber squadron commander during wwii leading numerous missions over germany, making full-bird colonel by the end of the war.  he retired from the AF reserves as a brigader general.

and note the intersection of his real life, with that of george and harry bailey.  (JS received the Distinguisd Flying Cross with two Oak Leaf Clusters, and the Air Medal with three Oak Leaf Clusters. and the French Croix de Guerre with Palm. those were all related to his wwii service. )

Edited by gardenmom5

DH and I watched it when it was on the air. It was a favorite. The night of the final show, we went to my brother's house to watch with him and his wife . I was shocked to see blood! They had a color TV and our's was black and white.

Btw, we got our first color TV a few years later just in time for a Doctor who marathon.

Ds asked me, "What color was his hair?" tonight.  I said "I don't know.  I didn't watch it in color!"

• Like 2