Menu

s/o Would you take a box of old National Geographics?

rose

No.

We are not into crafting and cutting up magazines. They would sit on a shelf, being read at maximum once, and make me feel guilty about throwing them out because, after all, the photography is so gorgeous and the articles so interesting. They'd entrench themselves and become part of the clutter.

We had a NG subscription for several years and have not parted from any of the issues...  we don't re-read them. They just take up space and gather dust.

• Like 1

I dunno, I really seriously have too much stuff.  On the other hand, one of my kids would be thrilled to devour them.  I might take the box with the understanding that once we've had it for a while, it's going into a donation pile.  I know some people see them as collector's items, but I'm not a collector.

My 4yo looks through our collection over and over and over again. He just loves the images of culture. When I was a girl I thought that they were the most boring magazines in the universe. TV probably spoiled me. 

Yes, I think DS and I would like looking at the photos. We probably would not read much of the text.

I wouldn't feel compelled to re-home them carefully when we were done with them--if nobody on the local email loops wanted them, I'd recycle.

A friend gave me several dozen Nat Geo compilation books from their home - hardcovers, in perfect condition. Unfortunately we just don't have the space for them and they have taken up shelf room but remain unread. I'm moving them along out of our home soon because of this.

Not unless we needed them for crafts. We have every issue of National Geographic from 1888 until recently digitally. Thank you Grandma! (It was a gift from my MiL to our older son.) we subscribe so we have access to the newer stuff online and my son keeps them as long as he wants.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Complete-National-Geographic-Magazine/dp/1426340117

No. I got a complete 2005 encyclopedia from the library around the same time I got a complete collection since the 1950s of NG from them. The NG collection didn't get touched past the first week and we couldn't find anyone who wanted it. We finally ended up taking them to Goodwill. The encyclopedia gets used frequently.

• Like 1

Maybe. They are 40ish years old so I'm not sure how interesting or useful they would be. Since they are magazines, though, I wouldn't feel bad about taking a box or two. After a set period of time, I would just recycle them if they weren't being read or used. If they were more current I would definitely say yes. In fact, my dad subscribes to National Geo and sends us his previous year's issues once a year. The kids love them.

No.

We are not into crafting and cutting up magazines. They would sit on a shelf, being read at maximum once, and make me feel guilty about throwing them out because, after all, the photography is so gorgeous and the articles so interesting. They'd entrench themselves and become part of the clutter.

We had a NG subscription for several years and have not parted from any of the issues...  we don't re-read them. They just take up space and gather dust.

This. Exactly.