Menu

SpinOff Poll - Where do you get your news?

Where do you get your news  

1. 1. Where do you get your news

• Here, of course
    • Network news (NBC, CBS, ABC, CNBC, MSNBC)
    • Public News (NPR, PBS, LinkTV)
    • Fox
    • CNN
    • Comedy Central
    • BBC
    • Newspaper
    • News? What is that?
    • Other - let me know what I forgot

I get my news from a mix of print, radio, tv and online media. I try to keep it mixed up, BBC, MSNBC, FOX and some tabloids, as well as Time and USNewsReport. And I get lots of interesting links from here as well. I also like the links I get from my soap forum - at least half of those folks are not American and it's an eye-opener to read what they are all readin sometimes.

Our entire house is addicted to NPR. Saturday is my favorite day for radio listening although I also love Science Friday. The internet is now second.

In my previous hometwon, the newspaper was my second source but in this town, the newspaper is a bit too much, "Roadkill piles up on M-22" for my taste. I want REAL news - not dead animal updates and religious zealots ranting about the environment.

Jen

I think I already said this elsewhere, but I'm a big fan of NPR and PBS, I read several news magazines and science magazines, and I'm subscribed to our local education news and some similar things on Bloglines.

I clicked other because of the magazines, but also because I subscribe to a load of podcasts.

NPR and talk radio.

Local conservative paper, local more-liberal paper, and The Economist. (When I'm at the bookstore, and can afford it, lol.)

Don't watch much news at all.

Oh...sometimes Yahoo (my homepage) will give me the latest on Britney, Lindsey Lohan, et al. ;-)

The other poll made me wonder where most of us get our news.

Of course, I forgot, internet site. - not associated with the above

I go to different websites:

1. Michelle Malkin.com

2. Townhall.com

3. Newsmax.com

4. National Review.com

5. Drudge Report.com

6. Fox News.com

7. Various blogsites

I listen to NPR (which features BBC at certain hours) in the car and then I see things mentioned here or elsewhere on the internet or IRL and google for more information. I rarely read newspapers or watch network news. I'm often disgusted by the quality of local news (paper and TV) reporting and national news is more polished but not what I was taught journalism is supposed to be since it is often extremely biased (one way or the other, rarely an in between) and shooting for sensationalism over facts. Message boards and blogs are great for introducing little tidbits I may have missed. I get a tip here or there and then look for more information from several sources.

I get most of my news online, too. I usually see breaking news on Yahoo first because it's my homepage. I occasionally watch CNN and surf MSNBC and FOX, but only for huge stories. I subscribe to a lot of magazines so I get a lot of 'current events but not breaking news' from them.

For snarky political commentary I love Kos and Huffpo.

For a review of the political blogosphere from left to right:

Hot Rants Political Blog Report

For a review of the mainstream written press (left, center and right):

Real Clear Politics

For how the Israeli's view what is going on:

Haaretz Daily Newspaper

For how the Arab world views what is going on:

Al Jazeera English

For what is going on in the Middle East:

MEMRI

and, of course, CNN, BBC, Fox, et al.

Never trust only one source: the truth is in the tapestry.

asta

I haven't read all the posts, but I was gratified to see some people still read newspapers. The Internet is gaining (probably surpassing as I write) on us, but I hope the world will always want newspapers. They're much better for cutting out articles about your friends and families.

I get my news from a mix of print, radio, tv and online media. I try to keep it mixed up, BBC, MSNBC, FOX and some tabloids, as well as Time and USNewsReport. And I get lots of interesting links from here as well. I also like the links I get from my soap forum - at least half of those folks are not American and it's an eye-opener to read what they are all readin sometimes.

You should share some of those links, I'd love to hear what other countries are reading. Sounds interesting.

Our entire house is addicted to NPR. Saturday is my favorite day for radio listening although I also love Science Friday. The internet is now second.

Jen

I wish either of our NPR stations had a Science Friday. Thats the news I'm most interested in. Well, when there's not an election like this anyway. :D

I get all of my news from yahoo.com. It's my homepage. They have featured stories (with pics to get your attention), and they have the top headlines for national, world & local news. I glance at the headlines and read the articles that interest me. If I have more time and want to know more, I can click a link that shows me all the news headlines.

These articles are from national and local newspapers and TV networks.