Menu

Have to share my Doctor Who inspired gift for my son (update 1 post#18, update 2 post #34, update 3 him and the door post #38)

nukeswife

Those are awesome!  What did you use for frosting that looks so perfectly smooth?

It's iced with buttercream and then I covered that with rolled fondant. Fondant is actually a lot easier to use than I thought. 

PS: the bowtie is white chocolate I melted and colored.  I found the mold at Hobby Lobby. 

I think I might add some pound cake cut into strips and rolled in graham cracker crumbs with a side of vanilla pudding (Fish Fingers and Custard) and then printing out a pic of Matt Smith's head with a speech bubble that says, "Fezzes are Red, The Tardis is Blue, Your 16 Today, Happy Birthday to you. Geronimo!

• Like 5

I think I might add some pound cake cut into strips and rolled in graham cracker crumbs with a side of vanilla pudding (Fish Fingers and Custard) and then printing out a pic of Matt Smith's head with a speech bubble that says, "Fezzes are Red, The Tardis is Blue, Your 16 Today, Happy Birthday to you. Geronimo!

It would taste MUCH better than actual fish fingers & custard, which I made at the request of one of my kids.  Well, I suppose individually they're fine, but together.... blech!

• Like 2

So clever! I bet he'll love it!