Menu

Ignore this thread!

8 minutes ago, TAFKAPastry said:

Just wanted to swing in and drop a quick happy note - new baby Max Theodore was born on Wednesday and has needed a little NICU time with CPAP for wet lungs and such, but is doing very well. He’s totally adorable and I can’t wait to spring him from the hospital and be done with labor and delivery forever 🥰 He was 7 lbs 13 oz at 36 weeks (biiiig baby, 94th percentile) and 20.25 inches long. It was a little PTSD inducing during the delivery but not too terrible, actually, even being back in the same NICU and hospital.

I know many of you were wondering and hoping with me on this, and wanted to give the update. - Bagels/AM 🙂

57BB3B68-E4AA-47B9-B8E8-954187775AFE.thumb.jpeg.0d2cecaf5e70d315e188309447fc586e.jpeg

879E135D-EB13-4366-A1C2-6AE42B91099D.thumb.jpeg.e0949b6233af72c0cf6bbbffd0fa7c44.jpeg

Congratulations and Welcome, Baby Max!  Way to get to 36 weeks!  What an adorable boy!  

Will continue to pray for you and baby and family.  ❤️

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Renai said:

Santa Fe is considered high desert. We have tumbleweeds.

I've only seen them on TV, but if I ever get near one, I may be tempted to bring one home.  Unless they are a protected species.  

23 minutes ago, luuknam said:

Northern Chihuahuan Desert: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chihuahuan_Desert

It's hardly "mine" though - we'll be here for only a month or so. 

So beautiful!

• Like 2

Finished that last box and made salad dressing for dinner (chef's salad) and gave pup a partial bath and had story/debate/writing time and history lesson.  Dd12 said that I can make her totally happy by watching Jurassic World: Camp something or other on Netflix.  That's awesome news - making a child completely happy by watching TV.  😂

I really just want to take a nap.  

• Like 1

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

Let's do this!

The house is much better (although I think the little girls' room might be a disaster area and I know the craft station is a disaster area).  And the bathrooms need to be cleaned.

I will be having conferences with each of my students later today so that I can get them on track as we pick homeschooling back up on Monday.

(I am not looking forward to Monday...)  I should probably change my attitude before the conferences. 

• Like 2

Good morning!

Dd14 has been moaning for days, begging me to let her read the last Harry Potter book, which she is not technically allowed to do until she finishes 8th grade.  If she was actually sick and in quarrantine, I might consider it.  She has plenty else to read and do.  PLUS schoolwork, which "just is not that interesting" to her. Lol.

Ds16 has Scout troop court of honor today.  He is not really interested in pursuing his Eagle rank, but we are so glad he wants to be in scouts anyway and at least participate in scouty things.  It has been a rough road for him, being an extravert and a "socially difficult" aspie, but we are seeing some real positive personal growth in him.

There are a couple big bluejays out back.  I think they found the old almonds from the back of the kitchen cupboard that I threw out there yesterday.  Yum yum!

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Dd14 has been moaning for days, begging me to let her read the last Harry Potter book, which she is not technically allowed to do until she finishes 8th grade.  If she was actually sick and in quarrantine, I might consider it.  She has plenty else to read and do.  PLUS schoolwork, which "just is not that interesting" to her. Lol.

Ds16 has Scout troop court of honor today.  He is not really interested in pursuing his Eagle rank, but we are so glad he wants to be in scouts anyway and at least participate in scouty things.  It has been a rough road for him, being an extravert and a "socially difficult" aspie, but we are seeing some real positive personal growth in him.

There are a couple big bluejays out back.  I think they found the old almonds from the back of the kitchen cupboard that I threw out there yesterday.  Yum yum!

Coffee!

Is there a reason that you are making her wait?  Has she seen the movies?  (I haven't read past book 5 yet...)  Are there problems that I should be aware of, or is it just a family tradition to wait until after 8th?

Signed, the mother of another dd14 who just watched all of the movies and wants to read all of the books.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!!

Slept in this morning!!! That was nice. I gotta go to the Big City to get.my fingerprinting done and do a Costco and Winco run. Formal is tonight at DD’s school and DD isn’t going so she’s having some friends over, so I need to get ready for that.

DS was involved in scouting for about a year. I wish he would have continued, but he has social anxiety issues and just really hated it.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Junie said:

Is there a reason that you are making her wait?  Has she seen the movies?  (I haven't read past book 5 yet...)  Are there problems that I should be aware of, or is it just a family tradition to wait until after 8th?

Signed, the mother of another dd14 who just watched all of the movies and wants to read all of the books.

Our family tradition is that you can read one book per year when you have finished your schoolwork for the year, starting at the finish of 2nd grade.  

• Thanks 1

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

Zoom Iglesia and Facebook Church.

As the vaccine is becoming more available, church in person is going to become a reality in the next few months -- and then I'm going to have to decide between the Spanish and English services.  I enjoy both and I'm not sure which way I'm going to decide...

• Thanks 1

Morning.    I'm being lazy this weekend.   I only have one class Monday (that I do need to finalize), no classes Tuesday but then my normal schedule the rest of the week.  I have planning for the next session, calendars to get ready to publish, laundry to do, cleaning.   But I don't wanna.  I want to just sit and read books.  Light and fluffy books.  

• Like 3

I decided to read Life Together by Bonhoeffer for my next Challies reading challenge book.  (Christian Living category) It was on the church bookshelf this morning, so I started reading it during the third service.  It's short, but not really a quick read.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I decided to read Life Together by Bonhoeffer for my next Challies reading challenge book.  (Christian Living category) It was on the church bookshelf this morning, so I started reading it during the third service.  It's short, but not really a quick read.

Bonhoeffer makes you think.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

I am reading some fluffy books, but also writing two fairly fluffy books. I just am having a hard time taking anything dark and deep at the moment.

Light and fluffy is all I read these days, unless its science texts for classes.  

Happy Monday.   I forgot to set up the kids school last night.  No big deal, i can quickly put together something for this morning and do the rest of the week when I get back from teaching my class.  I'm going to clean up my desk at the science center too.  It's a wreck.  Just stuff piled all over the place.  

• Like 3

On 1/22/2021 at 11:58 PM, KrissiK said:

But it only worked once. Now I’m back to waiting. That’s butt.

Are you getting that message saying the community is not available or something like that?  I get that once in a while.  Sometimes I can just hit refresh or the back arrow a bunch of times and get on.