Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

The Atmospheric River is still with us. No flooding or parasailing, Susan. Just consistent rain, which is good. We need it.

I'm glad that you're keeping the atmospheric river down there for the most part this time.  We don't need it.  (It's rained some off and on but it's also our rainy season so that's nothing new.  But not like we get when we have the atmospheric river here.  That's when we get things like flooding.) 

• Like 2

Good morning!

Yay for rain!  And also no rain! 😄

So yesterday when I was a Publix getting ladyfingers and mascarpone, the checkout guy asked if I was making a recipe or if I just really liked ladyfingers.  I told him my daughter was making a recipe and the guy in line behind me said (in a very heavy Italian accent) that he congratulated dd for using mascarpone for the tiramasu, because Some People think you can use cream cheese, but it just is not the good thing.  He was an Italian chef and dd12 was so tickled about the whole thing. 🙂

I should have brought gloves on Chester's morning constitutional.  It's COLD out there!  24 degrees.  And I tossed a tennis ball to him in the park and his leash got off my hand and he tore off across the field.  I lured him back over to me with an irresistibly big stick.

Coffee!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Morning.  Happy Friday!  It's super duper cold here and we're supposed to get tons of snow starting Sunday and going right through until Tuesday.    Yuck.  At least my Monday and Tuesday classes haven't needed to use makeup days yet this year.   

Our heat system seems to be keeping up okay.  Maybe a few degrees lower than ideal.  

ETA: A Thanks for the reminder Krissi booya!

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday!!!!

The rain kept me up all night. We have a skylight in the bathroom and it is amazingly noisy when it rains.😡

School and work today!! I need to remember to take oldest DD to get her allergy shots. I usually take her on Friday, right after school,  but I have an IEP meeting as soon as I get her home from school, so we’re going to have to go after the meeting, so that will be out of my routine and I am more likely to forget. I should write myself a note.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I have never made tiramisu. How did it turn out, Susan?? Baby only made the ravioli from that Raddish Kit. And that was a lot of work, even though they did turn out yummy.

She's making the meal tonight, though we'll do the tiramisu this morning and chill until dinner.  It looks fairly easy - just making the whipped cream/mascarpone, dipping the ladyfingers in chocolate sauce, and layering the two.  I am thinking the ravioli will take all afternoon to make.

30 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

I have to go out into the big germy world today before the weather turns nasty. 😞

Godspeed, my friend!  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Dh has been having gurgling in his ear for about 3 weeks so he finally went to the clinic to have them take a look.  The doctor saw some fluid but no infection, so he is supposed to take prednisone for a week.  Isn't there an ITTer who gets loopy on prednisone? Slache?

I get mean on prednisone... 😞  

• Sad 1

Dinner was delicious - cheese ravioli and vegetarian antipasto salad and tiramisu for dessert.  So yummy.  Then we watched The Peanut Butter Falcon.  It's an amazing movie - incredible writing.  Dd22 said she's seen it 7 times and says she discovers something new every time she sees it.  Available on Amazon Prime.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

Evening. All up and caffeinated for the night shift. Taking the dog with me tomorrow for her bloodwork. She growled at the cat tonight which is not usual for her. I think having to go out to the bathroom so much at night is bugging her, too.

Hopefully get her problem sorted out tomorrow or at least find which endocrine system we need to hunt down.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Dh has been having gurgling in his ear for about 3 weeks so he finally went to the clinic to have them take a look.  The doctor saw some fluid but no infection, so he is supposed to take prednisone for a week.  Isn't there an ITTer who gets loopy on prednisone? Slache?

Me.  My family calls it my Loopy Pills. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Morning, Happy Saturday.   Dh and I are going to look at the new location for the science center this morning.   Still can't come close to making a decision or starting to negotiate since its NNN and we need to know what those numbers look like.  

This weekend, other than that visit, we are stopping at the science center to feed the animals, do some cleaning, and giving vacation feeders to the fish.   We may not get there again until Tuesday depending on what the coming storm actually does.   Seems to be a pretty good bet I'll at least be cancelling Monday classes, if not Tuesday as well.   I hate making decisions this year.  I used to go by what the schools do but so many are virtual I can't go by that anymore.  

I'll work on classes and school this weekend as well.  I'm definitely, 100% taking this summer to get the entire year of school and classes planned out.  No more of this doing it as I go along.  

• Like 4

Good morning!

Jean, I had a dream that our roof was leaking during a heavy rainstorm and water was gushing into the basement closet.  I couldn't find a single bucket!

The Silly Pup wanted attention at 5:30 this morning and barked and whined until about 6:30 when the girls got up.  We were not amused.  The Two Youngest are at a community garden helping work on a Scout Eagle project and dh is determined to take down the Christmas decorations today.  It's time, I suppose.

Dd22 is heading back to school today after lunch.

Coffee!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

We are taking turns rolling out the pasta.  It takes forever.  Now I wish I hadn't sold my pasta rolling thing at a yard sale years ago.

That’s exactly what I said when we made those. That dough is so hard to roll out it started hurting my hand. Why did I get rid of that pasta roller??

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Tomorrow is agility again!  Squeee!

Yay!  Does Juliet get to be in class with her bff?

I finally texted the training center here and wonder of wonders, they texted back!  (I registered for class back in December and when I didn't hear back from them, I emailed, but still never heard from them.) I asked in my text if they received my previous registration or email, and naturally, they have not responded to that question.  I hate dealing with incompetent boobs, but this is the only place nearby that offers agility or training classes that aren't located in a pet shop, and they have a good reputation.

#isaidboob

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Yay!  Does Juliet get to be in class with her bff?

I finally texted the training center here and wonder of wonders, they texted back!  (I registered for class back in December and when I didn't hear back from them, I emailed, but still never heard from them.) I asked in my text if they received my previous registration or email, and naturally, they have not responded to that question.  I hate dealing with incompetent boobs, but this is the only place nearby that offers agility or training classes that aren't located in a pet shop, and they have a good reputation.

#isaidboob

I don't know about your area but here the dog classes are booked way out until April!  I think because it's outside and so relatively COVID safe.  So Juliet's bff didn't get in because of the high demand and because my friend waited to try to sign up.

40 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I don't know about your area but here the dog classes are booked way out until April!  I think because it's outside and so relatively COVID safe.  So Juliet's bff didn't get in because of the high demand and because my friend waited to try to sign up.

That could be the case, though when I registered, the website indicated that there were still open classes.  And then they didn't respond at all when I later emailed to ask.  They texted to say that registration for the next session opens on Monday, so we'll see what happens with that.

• Like 1

We are now in the 8 to 12 inch band for snow.  Starting tomorrow and continuing through Tuesday morning.    I'm going to run back to the science center to finish some stuff up and because I forgot to bring some stuff home when I was there today.  Then I guess we batten down the hatches and ride it out.    First week of my new session and it looks like we'll be closed Monday and Tuesday.  I have to get together all the contact information for new students so I can do closing notifications easily. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Does anyone else get a "Site Temporarily Unavailable" message when trying to access this thread sometimes?   It's been happening to me a lot lately when I try to open from Unread Content.  I have to go to the regular board list and choose it from there.  

Weird.

Yes - I'm getting it pretty regularly now.  I generally just keep pressing refresh or the back button until it loads.

I'm on list app #8.  I wouldn't be so picky if I didn't use this type of app constantly.  I *have* an app that works the way I like, but  if I have to swipe to a recipe or my menu list, I have to reopen the app and go through several steps just to get back to the list.  Also, it inexplicably deleted my Aldi app and I can't find it anywhere.

Whew.  Found the Aldi list.  Got stuck in a weird category but I think I fixed it.  Imma stick with the app I have and deal with the minor annoyance of it since I am tired to trying to find another that works the way I want it to.

Heere endeth today's Technological Gripe.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Does anyone else get a "Site Temporarily Unavailable" message when trying to access this thread sometimes?   It's been happening to me a lot lately when I try to open from Unread Content.  I have to go to the regular board list and choose it from there.  

Weird.

I don’t get that, but it is very very hard for me to get on the thread. It takes for.ever. to load

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Why can't app makers make a grocery list app that I like?  Or just a basic list-making app?  I'm so tired of downloading, trying, and then deleting apps.

Use pen and paper, Babe. Can’t ever go wrong with pen and paper. Technology is birds.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1