Menu

Ignore this thread!

Morning.  Happy Hump Day!

Today is my short day.  Two classes, no TKD, nice and relaxing (theoretically).  

My schedule is actually pretty good this year.  Tuesday is my only really long hard day (I really should put the hard classes on a short day).  The rest of the week is things I find easier. 

But, yeah it's the same old/same old with some January blahs thrown in.  

• Like 3

So we made the decision for the two Middles to drop out of their youth orchestra program and join another one.  It was really hard for me, either because I have an over-developed sense of loyalty or because I hate change, or maybe both, but the kids wanted to do it and were accepted in, so we did.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, luuknam said:

It rained here yesterday. In the desert. Which was really nice, because the day before that it was in the 70s and 10% humidity. 

I don't think I've ever been in the desert.  Wait, probably at some point on the road trip from MN to Pasadena when I was a teenager.  I would really love to see a tumblin' tumbleweed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, luuknam said:

Wait, how has it been a week?

I just ordered a graphic novel version of The Art of War (Prime delivery takes only 5 days here, w00t!). Now Amazon recommends I follow the author Sun Tzu, lol.

EDIT: Sun Tzuya!

Perhaps Amazon is suggesting you make a pilgrimage to China! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I don't think I've ever been in the desert.  Wait, probably at some point on the road trip from MN to Pasadena when I was a teenager.  I would really love to see a tumblin' tumbleweed.

I have a tumbleweed on my "nature display" on top of a cabinet.  Along with some Fool's gold and other sundry natural objects. 

• Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Thursday!

Headache.

House is still messy, but progress has been made.

I went to Facebook church and Zoom iglesia last night.  In the Spanish service we're having a series taught by a native speaker (not the American bi-lingual pastor).  The first time I heard him preach (a year and a half ago?) I maybe understood 25 percent.  Last night it was closer to 75.  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Good morning!

I took Chester for his morning constitutional alone, in the dark, in the rain.  He was being a Very Good Pup so I let him have a treat from the neighbor’s dog treat box.

I can’t get ITT to load on my iPad for some reason, so I’m on my phone.  I’m taking Dds14&18 to the drive-through testing place this morning.  Then take them home and head to Aldi. We are out of cheese and milk, so things are getting a bit dicey around here. 

Coffee!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

I took Chester for his morning constitutional alone, in the dark, in the rain.  He was being a Very Good Pup so I let him have a treat from the neighbor’s dog treat box.

I can’t get ITT to load on my iPad for some reason, so I’m on my phone.  I’m taking Dds14&18 to the drive-through testing place this morning.  Then take them home and head to Aldi. We are out of cheese and milk, so things are getting a bit dicey around here. 

Coffee!

I have been having a lot of trouble loading ITT on my iPad the past couple weeks, which is one of the reasons I have been kind of scarce lately. It takes forever to load and navigate the site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I have been having a lot of trouble loading ITT on my iPad the past couple weeks, which is one of the reasons I have been kind of scarce lately. It takes forever to load and navigate the site.

Did you turn your iPad off and on again? 🤣🤣🤣

I haven’t been getting kicked off all the time since the last maintenance, so that’s been nice. 

8 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have a tumbleweed on my "nature display" on top of a cabinet.  Along with some Fool's gold and other sundry natural objects. 

Pretty sure I have plenty of weeds buried under the snow outside, but they do not tumble. I've never seen an actual tumble weed IRL. That would be so cool!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I’m in the car waiting in line to get my brain poked with a q-tip. Dd14 won’t let me turn on the radio because she’s reading. 

Next time I have to do this, I'm asking for the infants version. They just swab in a circle the lower part of each nostril and test is done in 10 mins at the Dr office.

• Like 1

Still trying to kill a migraine.

Dd10 and I have been working on a puzzle.  Probably not helping the migraine.

Dd16 made lunch -- hashbrowns and scrambled eggs.

A few things have been put away.  There are probably about a thousand to go.  I'll probably work on that this evening.

• Thanks 1

I finished the book - The Vanishing Half.  It was a fairly interesting story, though I got the idea that the author really didn't know anything more about 20th century history than what she'd learned in an 8th grade history textbook and that she was probably pretty young.  That might be unfair, but I was right about her being young.

Anyhoo, since that was a fictional novel, I'm going to make myself read a non-fiction next.  Either Life Together by Bonhoeffer or Living Into Focus by Arthur Boers - both in the "Christian Living" category.

• Like 2

I need to get a good book. I read a really good book at the beginning of the month about a spy, but I picked up a book about WWI which is ok, but I need to get through it. One of my reading goals this year was to learn more about WWI. Like why, for instance, were they fighting. Because it was a pretty bloody war, but I can’t really see that an assassination of the leader of a small nation is really reason to fight like that. It had to be something else.  The book I am reading now is “The Great and Holy War:  How World War I became a religious crusade” by Philip Jenkins.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

Did 2/3 of my Xena's lower body workout.  I totally forgot about the other 1/3 of the workout and also cleaning the bunny cage and the cat's bathroom because we had contractors here.  I don't exactly feel like working out in the living room with spectators, if you know what I mean.  And I can't let the bunnies out of their cage to run around when contractors are doing noisy dangerous stuff near where they run around. 

The contractors come back again tomorrow.  In related news, our kitchen is getting closer to getting done! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Morning, It's Friday!!!!  Another week done.   

Fairly easy day today, two "tutoring" sessions (class is still by zoom so we split) and one class.  Next week I'm mostly off Monday and Tuesday - just one zoom class on Monday, then full schedule Wednesday through Friday.  Then a new session starts the following week with a couple new classes.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Did you turn your iPad off and on again? 🤣🤣🤣

I haven’t been getting kicked off all the time since the last maintenance, so that’s been nice. 

You are so smart. I don’t know why o didn’t think of that. It worked. Yay!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday!!!! Hallelujah!!! 

School and work!!!

they are forecasting an unusual occurrence in these parts. They said that moisture is supposed to fall from the sky in the form of small droplets. It is very exciting.

I wish I could be there to see it!

Good morning!

Pup woke up this morning wanting to go out and I was so tired I almost cried.  But dh was up til all hours babysitting work projects, so I got up anyway and took pup on his morning constitutional.  I have a dream that some day he will poop in our yard.

I should be industrious like Jean and Junie and do something productive today.  My bathroom clean-out was so successful that I am trying to use that as inspiration but there is so much that needs to be done I don't know where to go next.  How about the boxes and stuff at the bottom of the stairs?  

Coffee!

• Like 2

Just wanted to swing in and drop a quick happy note - new baby Max Theodore was born on Wednesday and has needed a little NICU time with CPAP for wet lungs and such, but is doing very well. He’s totally adorable and I can’t wait to spring him from the hospital and be done with labor and delivery forever 🥰 He was 7 lbs 13 oz at 36 weeks (biiiig baby, 94th percentile) and 20.25 inches long. It was a little PTSD inducing during the delivery but not too terrible, actually, even being back in the same NICU and hospital.

I know many of you were wondering and hoping with me on this, and wanted to give the update. - Bagels/AM 🙂

57BB3B68-E4AA-47B9-B8E8-954187775AFE.thumb.jpeg.0d2cecaf5e70d315e188309447fc586e.jpeg

879E135D-EB13-4366-A1C2-6AE42B91099D.thumb.jpeg.e0949b6233af72c0cf6bbbffd0fa7c44.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4