Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!

Lake Tahoe sounds wonderful.  It's big.  Is there one area that is better than another?  I wonder where the closest major airport is. 

The Middles have tutorial today, so after I drop them off I'll head to Aldi and then meet with my health coach.    

Coffee!

Morning.  Happy Thursday.  Another week almost wrapped up.   I did yoga with dd this morning, ate breakfast and I'm relaxing (at the science center) with my second cup of tea.   I have until 11:30 to relax, do some dishes, organize some stuff before my first class.  

Between yearly tax return, quarterly tax payments, registration, and starting to think about summer camp and next years classes, this is a paperwork heavy time of year.   But I'm not teaching any less, it's paperwork on top of teaching.   I may see what dh thinks about asking our accountants that do our tax returns how much they would charge to do the quarterly taxes for the business.  I'm probably adding a second employee in September but it still won't be worth paying most of the "payroll" services to do the whole thing.  I can cut weekly checks, but the quarterly taxes are annoying. 

• Like 4

Anyone been to Lake Powell?  It looks beautiful.  Only a 4 hour drive from Vegas.   

My visceral fat has gone up from a 6 to a 7.  It's not terrible (it was at 12 before I lost weight), but I need to get back into gear so it doesn't keep moving in the wrong direction.  Also my muscle mass has decreased.  

#absofpuddin

I need to channel some of Jean.

#Xenastrong

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thursday Xena report:

I had physical therapy today.  I am still not kicked out!  (But she said that next week is probably my last.)  I am up to 8 pound weights!  Since I started with 1 pound weights this is big.  #smallgoalsgettingbigger

I worked outside this afternoon.  I moved three heavy boards that were killing the grass in spots and were ugly.  #smallgoals  I also started to clean up some more debris from pruning but since it was recent debris over last year's debris, I didn't get it all done.  I'll do more tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

I am in the middle of my big Thursday animal cleaning chores.  I have done a deep cleaning of the cat's bathroom.  Now I'm going to stop typing and get back to the bunny cage. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Lake Tahoe sounds wonderful.  It's big.  Is there one area that is better than another?  I wonder where the closest major airport is. 

The Middles have tutorial today, so after I drop them off I'll head to Aldi and then meet with my health coach.    

Coffee!

I think there is an airport in Sacramento. We go to North Lake Tahoe, right by the mouth of the Truckee River. It’s not quite as commercialized as South Lake Tahoe.

Booya/h!! A summer vacation Booya/h!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Morning.  Happy Friday!

Two classes today but one is split into two separate Zoom sessions so more like two tutoring sessions.   Should be interesting.  

Dh is heading down to visit his mom for the weekend.   I'll do my usual - work on classes.  And finish up my tax stuff.   And maybe go through the kids drawers and pull out stuff that doesn't fit.   And set up some school.  

Next week is my last week of the current session but the following week is a make-up week so I still teach Wednesday Thursday Friday, and one class on Monday (by zoom), so not exactly a week off.   But I'm off Presidents  Day week except my Thursday classes which are using that as a makeup because we've actually missed two days.    So my next full week off isn't until Memorial Day.  But that pretty much finishes up my year. 

• Like 3

Good morning!

Go Xena, Go!

I am getting a little excited about Lake Powell.  Looks like it could be a winner if we can get everything arranged.  Not knowing what May is going to look like, I feel like I'm trying to make arrangements blind.  And dh wants to come, so that adds another schedule to the mix.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good morning!

I have my backpack all packed.  I'm borrowing dd14's hiking boots since my trail shoes broke.  I'm borrowing dd12's gloves since I lost mine on our Christmas trip.  I have to drop the girls off at a nearby retreat camp for a youth group thing and then meet my group at the trail.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

I'm hoping to get the house mostly put back together today (with help).  Christmas is *almost* put away and the books that were moved due to painting are *almost* in their new homes.  The laundry is never put away and I have no idea where to put the scrapbooking stuff.

• Like 3

I'm back from the hike.  I think it was almost 5 miles with a 30lb backpack.  Lots of steep up and down and plenty of mud.  My legs are tired.  It snowed every so often, but we were working so hard it didn't feel cold except when we stopped to eat lunch.

I'm having 2nd coffee and resting a bit before going back out to pick up dd18 from the retreat so she can be home in time for writer's club.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.   I finished up my business taxes this morning and sent a copy to the accountant.  I hope I did them at least mostly correctly.  I feel somewhat brain dead these days.  I'm tired, I hate winter, and I have two million details to keep track of.  I feel like I'm working three full time jobs, but things should settle down after next week.  I have a little bit of a break, then two weeks after that I'm mostly off for President's day week.  

The rest of today I'm working on homeschool plans for the kids, then tomorrow I"ll work on my classes and do laundry.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Morning.  Dh is on his way home!  Yippee.  I'll get to listen to football while trying to set up school this afternoon.  😉

It's definitely quieter when he's not here (especially when the kids are still asleep) but we miss him.  

I've been feeling very very tired lately.   I'm sure it's a combination of gloomy winter (I need to up my vitamin d consumption) and eating too much crap.    I'm working on the crap part of it.  Dh made me a big pot of oatmeal that I can nuke a portion of for breakfast each morning so that will help.   We don't have much candy in the house anymore so that will help more.   I've been eating mixed vegetables (broccoli, water chestnuts, carrots) or rice with salmon for lunches.   I'm getting there.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Sunday!!!

It’s supposed to be 70 degrees today. It’s mid-January. Svengo.

Church this morning!!! Then Sportsball this afternoon.

Two kitties managed to stay inside last night.

good job for healthy eating, Toto. I need to do better. I eat well. Then not so well. I need to be consistent.

• Like 4

Go Sportsball!

When I get home from church (about 2ish), I need to sit in on a zoom meeting and then register the kids for a couple things.  Then dinner. Then braindead. 

Dd12 made some absolutely delicious cookies for her Sunday School class - gf salted peanut butter and oatmeal raisin. I wanted to eat all of them.  Except that would have made dd cry, because she has been waiting months for Sunday school to start back up and bring cookies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chiefs won a nail-biter. Patrick Mahomes got taken out of the game with a concussion and that seemed to take the steam out of the Chiefs and up the game for the Browns. But, the Chiefs held on and the back-up QB had a couple of good plays!! Woohoo, Sportsball!

Now.... the Saints and the Bucs!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

That sounds yummy. Recipe, please.

From nom nom paleo.  Serves 6.  I made 1-1/2 recipe and it was more than the 8 of us needed.  If I had thought ahead, I would have made rice to go with it.  It is written to be gluten free and Whole30-friendly, but I made substitutions.  

2 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1" medallions    
Kosher salt    
1/2C fruit sweetened plum jam (I used apricot because that's what I could find)   
2 T coconut aminos (low sodium soy sauce)   
2 T Sriracha   
2 T tomato paste   
1 tsp Red Bone fish sauce (I used another brand)    
2 garlic cloves, minced    
freshly ground black pepper   
1 lb green beans   
1/4 lb shiitake mushrooms (white button)   
1 med. red bell pepper (omitted - allergy)   
1/2 med. red onion cut into wedges (sweet onion)    
2 scallions, sliced, for serving (forgot about these)   

Preheat oven to 450 or 425 convection.  Toss pork with 1 tsp kosher salt.  In another bowl, mix jam, sriracha, tomato paste, fish sauce, garlic, and pepper.  Add pork and mix to coat.  Place on sheet pan(s).  Add vegetables to the bowl and mix with remaining sauce.  Arrange around pan.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.  If you want a little extra char, broil for an additional minute or two.  Sprinkle with scallions and serve.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1