Menu

Ignore this thread!

26 minutes ago, luuknam said:

Just post every 5 min like in the good old days. That way people won't notice as easily if you skip the last post of the day. 🙂

In the good old days I had funny things to post every five minutes.  That hasn't been my life for the last couple of years. 

But I am here to report that I've done my Xena's upper body resistance training and dumbbells workout!  (I miss the saluting guy emoji) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think I've mentioned before we were planning on traveling around the US at some point. So, in April we bought a 32' travel trailer, and we've been living in it full-time since the end of June. First a few months in WNY to wrap up things there, then to AL to visit the in-laws for Broccoli's birthday and thanksgiving, then on to TX, where we're still at now. A couple of days ago we got to Terlingua, and I decided I should look up if Kinsa was still Kinbb, which she isn't, but hey, here I am. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, luuknam said:

I think I've mentioned before we were planning on traveling around the US at some point. So, in April we bought a 32' travel trailer, and we've been living in it full-time since the end of June. First a few months in WNY to wrap up things there, then to AL to visit the in-laws for Broccoli's birthday and thanksgiving, then on to TX, where we're still at now. A couple of days ago we got to Terlingua, and I decided I should look up if Kinsa was still Kinbb, which she isn't, but hey, here I am. 

Wow!  How are the Veggies doing?  Texas is a good place to be in the winter, that's for sure!  I just looked up Terlingua - looks like a cool place!  And so close to Big Bend.  I want to go to Big Bend.  (I want to go to all the places.  Keep talking and we may end up with a travel trailer, too!)

• Like 2

On 1/10/2021 at 4:12 PM, Susan in TN said:

We are good.  Some ITTer's drowned after swimming in the Sea despite Teresa's warnings, and have left the WTM forums all together, and a couple people have their priorities mixed up.  

Wait, what? I wasn't informed of this when I got back.

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

I have a really bad migraine -- and I'm supposed to take one of the kids to a doctor's appointment. 😞  Dh has offered to take her, but I hate for him to have to miss work when I just sit around all day doing basically nothing.

• Sad 2

Normally I wake up very slowly.  I initially wake up, glance at my watch, snuggle with Juliet, maybe dose off a bit more if my initial wake up was on the early side. . .    But this morning I woke up, glanced at my watch and Juliet bolted out of bed and ran frantically for the door.  Which of course meant that I had to bolt out of bed and run frantically to open the door for her.  My day got a jump start!  And Juliet made it successfully to the "bathroom"! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Morning! I've been painting and writing, but mostly painting.

I am supposed to get a new phone today. Y'all, I haven't been able to take a decent picture of anything since October. If this thing takes great pictures, I'm photographing the baby picture and then putting it in the mail this week!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning! I've been painting and writing, but mostly painting.

I am supposed to get a new phone today. Y'all, I haven't been able to take a decent picture of anything since October. If this thing takes great pictures, I'm photographing the baby picture and then putting it in the mail this week!

And then we will all invite ourselves over to Slachey's to moon over painting AND baby.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I got grades and attendance reported and added spring semester courses and materials and requested that a transcript be sent to a college.  Then I rewarded myself by playing mandolin along with Attaboy on the Chordify app, which allows me to play it at half speed.  Even THAT is a bit of a stretch, lol.  But so much fun.

I got some plans together for this week's Short Lessons in Debate.  We are hoping this will help the kids in communication skills, as some are loathe to give opinions at all (beneficiaries of my genes) and one who comes out swinging (I am determined to survive my last teenage boy!).  

I got the lessons from Teachers Pay Teachers, which I am finding to be one of my favorite resources.  It fits me really well, as I like to stick with one solid curriculum per subject and then tweak the dickens out of it.  

Heere endeth the Noonday Update.

• Like 4

So this morning was the morning where I do the big process of filling my million pill boxes with all my million pills.  And I had a spectacular spill where the bottle went up in the air and pills went everywhere.  Juliet just sat there calmly while I was splayed on (my) all fours retrieving those pills from the floor, under things, from the top of the fireplace. . .   Hopefully I have gotten them all. . .   

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

So this morning was the morning where I do the big process of filling my million pill boxes with all my million pills.  And I had a spectacular spill where the bottle went up in the air and pills went everywhere.  Juliet just sat there calmly while I was splayed on (my) all fours retrieving those pills from the floor, under things, from the top of the fireplace. . .   Hopefully I have gotten them all. . .   

Yikes!  Good for Juliet calmly standing guard!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Junie said:

Back from the doctor's appointment.  My headache is much better.  Walking outside to the car in cold air seemed to help quite a bit.

9 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Do you think that could be a new treatment option?  Walking outside a bit in the cold air? 

9 hours ago, Junie said:

Yes, definitely.

It has worked for me, too.

• Like 3

On 1/11/2021 at 6:10 PM, luuknam said:

I really miss the svengo emoji. I'm surprised they haven't gotten one in the time I've been gone.

EDIT: Svengo boeja!

I really miss that one. And Willy-nilly. That one is very necessary for moms. Actually, there were a lot of really good ones that got lost.

• Like 2

Good morning!

Xena can't help but push herself.  It's just who she is.

Apparently Chester borrowed a couple of dh's foam earplugs - he pooped them out this morning.  :Ack2:  So the discussion around the breakfast table involved questioning the strength of a dog's stomach acids, and the resilience of the purple dye of the foam, and whether or not we should experiment with a human for comparison.  There were no volunteers.

Since dd18's trip to England won't be happening this year, we are looking for a nice place (warm and peaceful, maybe with lake and mountains or maybe tropical, closer than England, where we can get a cheap flight from Nashville in late May) to take her for a couple days.  

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

Last night was a doozy.  (Though people in hurricane country will say that I"m a wimp for saying that!)  There were high gusts of wind and rain all night.  The power went out a couple of times before bed but fortunately came right back on and stayed on last night.  This is important for my CPap though of course the lights themselves are off at night.

Juliet was a very scared puppy from the booms of thunder and the big gusts of wind that shook the entire house.  She wanted to cuddle with me but every time there was a big noise she'd fly in terror from the bed.  Then she'd creep back to my side.  We didn't get to sleep until 3 am when the winds finally died down. 

This morning the basement is still dry.  The sump pump is working hard but still working.  There are tons of small branches down all over the neighborhood but no trees down as far as I can see. 

I have volunteering this morning so I can't be sleepy and dopey.  Gotta run! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am craving a decadent chocolate milkshake.  So I had tuna salad. 

That is a reasonable substitute.

Said no one. Ever.

🤣

I really don’t care for tuna salad. But I certainly don’t want to yuck your yumm, Jeanie,

I’m leaving now.

• Haha 3