Menu

Ignore this thread!

It's Friedday? Already? Well, I'm pretty crispy, so yeah.

Writing and editing today. Henle 3 came in this week, so I get to schedule that for the next few weeks on Saturday. It's tough! Lots of translation, and boy, have I been getting grumps and growls over the translation practice I've had the boys do (Latin to English). Just wait until they have to do it the other way around! 

All the other new additions to the schedule are going well, though.

• Like 4

Christmas cards are done and mailed except for one that has to go to the UK.  Haven't started the soup yet.  The kids have some friends over so there was a bit of panic over what to give them for lunch but we have chocolate chip banana bread, apples, and kettle chips and that has been approved by the Committee for Lunch Provisions.

Soup will have to wait until later.  Imma start on Attaboy as a reward for finishing the cards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Soup's done - 2 gallons of cream of broccoli and 2 gallons of corn chowder.  Guess what's for dinner?!?

Soup!

I'm about 1/3 through Attaboy.  Just the basic transcription.  Once I have all that down, I'll need to rearrange it all to fit within a string quartet.

I just noticed some bits of potato on the top of my shoe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

Puppy did not bark at 4am as has been his habit lately, but I woke up anyway. Finally got back to sleep for a bit.  

Dd18 is taking the remotely proctored CLT today and is quite nervous - for the test itself and the tech requirements. We have everything set up for her and she did a practice run yesterday.  Prayers are welcome if you are so inclined.

Cooking taco meat and putting together chicken bbq tacos today.

Coffee!

Wow!  It's a Saturday Morning Booyah!

ITT Fight Song

We are ITT

a happy lucky posting family

We are ITT

Get up everybody and sing!

(Jean, 10/2020)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

BBQ chicken taco stuff is all put together, but I haven't FoodSavered it yet because I am trying to avoid loud noises.  Dd18 should be done with her test in a few minutes.  

Dd22's hands look so much better.  When she went in to get a steroid shot, they looked like she'd dunked them in boiling water.  Funny story - she had to get fingerprinted for clinicals and the fingerprinting guy just looked at her like "how am I supposed to get prints out of these?".  We suggested that she might be a good recruit for organized crime.

Dd18 is done and seems to have survived with most of her brain intact!

• Like 3

Taco meat for tacos and taco soup is done.  I used half ground beef and half ground turkey.  I also divided and froze a big package of feta and a turkey ham, which I cut into squares for chef salads.

Have you ever had a dog who was just not that interested in food?  It's 4:00 and Chester is just now deciding to eat his breakfast.  

Edited by Susan in TN

I entered an entire year of records into Quickbooks.  I mean, it was a screwed up light year, but they are all entered except one thing I need feedback from the accountant because I don't know how it should be entered.   I really need to do it monthly this year.   I was going to do it monthly last year but then the year got all weird.  

Tomorrow I"m sleeping in, working on classes, setting up school and finishing the laundry. 

• Thanks 2

We got our cabinets and countertops ordered for the kitchen remodel! Woo hoo! We worked the poor kitchen remodel guy overtime (literally he stayed late) because he had sort of blown us off on work that he had promised weeks ago. I marched in and gave him a piece of my mind and then later my husband went in to make sure that he made good on his promises. I feel a bit badly that he had to stay late but not too much because if he had stayed on task all along then he wouldn't have ended up in this mess. We had a deadline of tomorrow that we had to meet so that is why the pressure was on.

I finished pruning another huge hydrangea bush. I have left a mess of pruned pieces that I need to go out and rake tomorrow. I was working on it and the mailman stopped to tell me that I was doing a good job!

Also on Saturday I started taking amino acids. It's a bit of a pain because I'm supposed to take them apart from other meds and supplements. But I am hoping that they will help me to actually start to make muscles. In the 9 months that I've been doing physical therapy I haven't made the muscles that "normal" people would make in that time despite working very diligently. Of course I have fibro and apparently amino acid deficiency has been linked to that. So here's hoping that it helps.

#Xenastrong

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Buenos Dias!

Happy Sunday!

Going to church and iglesia.

Dh and some of the kids took down most of the Christmas decorations yesterday.  

I am really enjoying my "new" bedroom.  And I have a reading corner!  Everything is still kind of a mess -- books everywhere, boxed up decorations -- but I'm just going to wait until ds20 goes back to school since a lot of the books are going to end up in his room.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Morning. I'm doing some planning and purchasing a few more books for my Kindle. Mostly school related, but I might purchase a few more for enjoyable reading--like the Discworld books!

Other than that, I'm being kind of lazy myself and need to get editing done before art this afternoon. Grocery list has been done and dispatched.

• Like 2

Good morning!

We are back from early service and a quick trip to Target and Kroger.  Kids are required to find all library books so I can return them.  I am going back to church to play for 3rd service in an hour, and in the mean time will make cheese sauce for baked potato lunch.

Coffee!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. I'm doing some planning and purchasing a few more books for my Kindle. Mostly school related, but I might purchase a few more for enjoyable reading--like the Discworld books!

Other than that, I'm being kind of lazy myself and need to get editing done before art this afternoon. Grocery list has been done and dispatched.

Hello,

I forgot to check in this morning.  I've been working on class stuff today.  Registration for my next session is open so I had to update calendars and availabilities, etc.  

I started to read the first Discworld book and I didn't get very far.   I enjoyed it but the rambling style needed full attention to follow what was going on and unfortunately right now I don't have full attention to give. 😞   I'll try again at another time.  My library has a bunch of them as ebooks.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, luuknam said:

I'm good. How are y'all? This thread seems to be quieter than usual.

We are good.  Some ITTer's drowned after swimming in the Sea despite Teresa's warnings, and have left the WTM forums all together, and a couple people have their priorities mixed up.  Babies and all.  Ahem.  😂  But we still have coffee in the mornings and non-coffee drinkers tolerate it pretty well and have their tea in the afternoons.  Critter is still working on making the squillions so we can buy the ITT Island and Transport Stealth 'Copter. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Morning.  Happy Monday.  

I'm getting in gear slowly this morning.  My first class was cancelled (it's only two students, one is going to be out and I don't like to hit new material when one is out so gave the option to other student to come and do review or cancel). 

I had a super productive weekend so I'm feeling pretty good about this week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Baby made raviolis for dinner. It was a Raddish Kids recipe. So, we really made raviolis. They were a lot of work, but very tasty.

This is dd12's birthday present - her first box should be arriving today!  I'm so glad you told us about Raddish Kids.  I think she'll love it!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1