Menu

Ignore this thread!

Just now, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

My Meal Plan for this week: 

Monday -Sunday - NOT COOKING. 

Likewise.

Monday - DH made maple Dijon chicken and Susan's coleslaw

Tuesday - DH made black bean soup

Today - DH is making scrambled eggs, rice, and frozen broccoli (I hope.)

Thursday - DH makes Italian veggie bowls, but I think I need to buy ingredients first

Friday - DH makes a veggie stir-fry

Saturday - DH makes smoked apple veggie burgers

Sunday - DH makes pizza

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, happysmileylady said:

Just so everyone's aware.......there's planning and then there's...................................execution.

I mean, the whole reason I have shredded beef leftover is because my dumbbutt forgot to turn the crockpot on yesterday lol.  

I plan like it's a hobby.  Often however, my plans act as if they don't exist lol  

If you can spend less than $200 at Costco, then you are my hero!

• Like 1

You all know me and meal planning.

Tonight we are having gyros.  3 kids are eating at youth group and are a little annoyed that they will miss gyros night.  More for me!

It's a Gyros Night Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Thanks 2

Baby seep: I attempted to create a routine of activity, eating and sleep. I elongate the activity during the day so that they are tired at night. In the beginning I always have to hold them at night to "play" because they cannot be active enough during the day to sleep through the night. I never attempted to minimize feedings.

• Like 1

My babies did not sleep well.

Eventually I did let ds20 "cry it out".  I set a time limit of 30 minutes.  If he was still crying after 30 minutes, I would go get him.  I cannot tell you how many times he cried for 28 or 29 minutes.  I guess he was testing me... over and over and over again.

Dd18 used to stay up until 4 a.m.  We could not let her cry it out because she shared a room with ds20.  And I would rather deal with one happily awake baby then one unhappy baby and one unhappy toddler.

Dd16 would only sleep if you put her in the kitchen with the lights off and the fan on.  After she was solidly asleep we could move her to her crib.

And I really don't even remember the rest...

• Like 1

Wow, how did I wind up three pages behind? 

Had our first Teen Club meeting tonight.   It went well.  The kids didn't talk much but that's expected the first time they ever meet.  They seemed to have fun.  

Now I"m just relaxing a bit before going to bed.  I'm meeting dd in the morning, then was going to meet someone to kayak at the lake but it's supposed to rain and thunderstorm in the morning.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Y'all, why do I ever talk as if I have anything figured out?  I think my guardian angel must be contractually obligated to zap me every time I shoot my mouth off.

Lego Lass got a 70% on her first Geometry test and dh is threatening to quit being the math teacher if she doesn't pull her socks up. 😱😭💩😵

(((Spuds)))

Do you want input or just commiseration?  Has she ever had to study for a math test before?  Geometry is different (imho) because of the need to remember so many things besides just how to solve something.  And I have one who I have witnessed first hand just does not test as well as she works under normal homework conditions.  FWIW, my kids' (outsourced) math teacher lets them have a page of notes for tests - primarily for the purpose of teaching them how to study.  Making the page of notes is similar to studying because they go back through their class notes to make the page.  If none of that is helpful, feel free to disregard and take the chocolate anyway.  🍫  🍫  💓  💓

• Like 2

One connection regarding sleep training that I did make was that I would rather lie in bed, so hungry that I can't sleep, than get up and make myself food. It's not a lazy thing. I will even realize I'm not sleeping, get up to do housework until I'm so tired I'll fall asleep anyway, but I won't make myself food. It's almost like the thought is painful. This has got to be tied to some form of abuse, but I believe it's related to sleep training.

• Sad 3

Morning. I don't remember what worked to get my kids to sleep. I think I was mostly too sleep deprived to remember. 

On the Geometry test, if it was the first one, 70 isn't bad. It's not uncommon to think you got it only to find out no, you don't got it. Part of learning how much you need to study and when. Learning experience. 

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!!

School and work!!!!

My kids have all been decent sleepers. Regarding “sleep training”.... I’m not really for it, but sometimes you have no choice. When we first got the little girls, Baby wouldn’t sleep at night. She was 10 months old and She just wouldn’t. We tried everything, we’d rock her to sleep.... she’d wake up and cry when we put her down, DH and I would take turns with her on the couch in the living room and she’d just sit there or lay there and play and play for hours while DH or I would doze off. Finally, we did just let her “cry it out” because we were exhausted and had tried everything else. She seems none the worse for wear.

• Like 3