Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 minute ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

If you're feeling flulike (pseudo flu?), you're allowed.

I only felt that way for like 2 hours last night. It was so weird. I'm blaming my dinner. 

But I'm just an unpleasant person in general. People look past it because my kids are cute.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

Good morning. Dh has gone to get me Whataburger biscuits and gravy. Sausage gravy is something I have never been able to make as well as they can. 

Dh makes AMAZING biscuits and gravy.  He calls it sh*t on a shingle.   Super yummy but extremely unhealthy and a lot of work so he doesn't make it often. 

We are now at the buying a new dryer to go back to gas so we can move the position of the washer/dryer stage of our renovations.

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

It depends on what symptom(s) of the flu you are talking about.  If you mean body aches, then the word is "myalgia".  Ask me how I know. 

Just the yucky. I think sick is the best fit, but like sick squared.

47 minutes ago, Junie said:

Lethargic?

Feverish?

Evwything huwts?

I don't feel good?

Sick.

Yucky.

31 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

There’s an emoji:  💩

That's ice cream. I know it's not anymore, but I think that's what it was designed for.

We churched. Good service.

We lunched and Sunday Schooled.

We are going to some friends house for pizza and swimming tonight, so I am baking dessert. Brownies, lemon bars and butterscotch brownies. Butterscotch brownies taste like chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips.

• Like 3

Risk and Monopoly are my favorites. Mancala if I'm short on time. My Christmas games (just under the tree, no name) this year are Exploding Kittens and Guess Who. I plan to replace Guess Who peeps with SOTW cards. I want Secret Hitler someday (too mature) and love the look of Cards Against Maturity but that's not happening.

• Like 2

Mama: *cleaning kitchen*
Isaac: I need to be held.
Mama: I'm cleaning the kitchen.
Isaac: Imma scream.
Mama: *holds baby*
Isaac: I need both arms.
Mama: *uses both arms*
Isaac: Hands too.
Mama: *wraps hand around baby*
Isaac: I need both.
Mama: *wraps other hand around baby*
Isaac: Better

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I liked Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit but nobody would play with me for the longest time.    Ds beat me at Scrabble one day, by a long shot because he had some long oddball Q word on a Triple Word score.  Now he's willing to play me. 

In the -unhealthy and time=consuming cooking - category, dh made homemade creamy scalloped potatoes au gratin for dinner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We all feeling under the weather today.

Hopefully it is just fatigue from a long week of theater rehearsals and performances.

Performing outdoors feels comparatively covid safe to me but it is still a lot of time in the vicinity of a decent sized group of people.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I did enjoy Risk on the Switch.  I don't think I would like it on the board.

Angi has not liked any of my Risk posts on Facebook.

2 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Is it really so much to ask that you give me your undivided attention, mother?

Yes.

Just now, Jean in Newcastle said:

Maize - I have felt ooky since last night. 

Me too. I thought it was hormones but now I'm questioning if ITT got me sick again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Games: Life

Life Twists and Turns

Battleship

Guess Who- I am the master at this one

Zooreka

Battleship is a game that I like, except with arthritis it's kind of painful to play.

Guess Who is our car game.  We almost never play it unless we're on a long car trip.  And some of the girls will play it for hours because they haven't seen it since the last long car trip.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paradox5 said:

Swimming at my sister’s was fun. Captain did NOT want to get out of the pool. He’s sleeping now after going ballistic from being woken up getting out of the car and having a quick bath. (I was going to say “he is knackered” but wasn’t sure how well that would translate to most Americans.

I know knackered.  I used to read a lot of British romances.  

• Like 2

So I walked outside and realized our mountains are invisible; hadn't realized the smoke had gotten that bad again.

This may explain some of our not feeling well.

I've got all the windows closed and the air purifiers running.

Edited by maize
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Thank you Susan, I did!  Kitty woke me at 6, but I went back to sleep until now.  Yay!

I hate all strategy games.  I can handle simple - like Trivial Pursuit and Phase 10.  That's about it.  

I love butterscotch and chocolate chip cookies without chocolate chips, so I might need to try Krissi's recipe too.  

I'm so thankful it's Labor Day.  We have too many extra activities on Mondays so it's nice to have this one off.  Next Monday, I will need to be reminded of the rules cause it might kill me.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1