Menu

Ignore this thread!

5 minutes ago, Spudater said:

So I'm doing terrible at making time for strength training and giving up sweets, so/so at extra veggies, good at plenty of walks, and hitting it out of the park at restricted eating window bc I'm too dang busy to eat. I'm "allowed" to eat at 10 but didn't get around to it til 12:20 today. Down 5lbs but my back hurts from the no strength training.

This is awesome! How often do you want to strength train?

Dd16 is perfectionist-procrastinating getting started on the paper she is supposed to be writing.

It's that "I'm not sure how to do this right so it is too hard to start" headspace.

She is doing laundry in the meantime, which is good. But she does need to do the paper.

• Like 2

Dh has left for his moms.  I told the kids they are on their own for meals for the next two days and I'm ordering take-out on Sunday.   I have so much work to do (I know I know, I've had months).  They are 13 and 15 so certainly capable.  

We had to go pick up his car at the shop and he left right from there in my car so I'm stuck with his truck again.   Shouldn't be bad, I just have to go meet older dd in the morning to work out and maybe make one trip to the store.  I'll have to see what stuff I really need for the first couple days and what can wait.  I don't really want to go to BJ's or the AFSA on the weekend. 

Dh tried to move our washer/dryer before he left but it turns out the plug we ordered was the wrong one (three prong not four prong) so he ran to Home Depot to get the right plug and installed it but then it turned out to be the wrong 4 prong (different shape to one of the prongs) so I have no washer/dryer for the weekend.    

It's been a heck of a day. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

20 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

My son just informed me I was mean because he told me his room was clean and I said awesome, because anything on the floor is going to be vacuumed and he said that was an unreasonable request to expect his room to be clean AND the floor free of Lego and whatnot. 🙄 So now he is in there "double checking". And now I hear a harmonica. 

How many more hours until it's okay to drink? 

I'm pretty sure it's time.  

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Dh has left for his moms.  I told the kids they are on their own for meals for the next two days and I'm ordering take-out on Sunday.   I have so much work to do (I know I know, I've had months).  They are 13 and 15 so certainly capable.  

We had to go pick up his car at the shop and he left right from there in my car so I'm stuck with his truck again.   Shouldn't be bad, I just have to go meet older dd in the morning to work out and maybe make one trip to the store.  I'll have to see what stuff I really need for the first couple days and what can wait.  I don't really want to go to BJ's or the AFSA on the weekend. 

Dh tried to move our washer/dryer before he left but it turns out the plug we ordered was the wrong one (three prong not four prong) so he ran to Home Depot to get the right plug and installed it but then it turned out to be the wrong 4 prong (different shape to one of the prongs) so I have no washer/dryer for the weekend.    

It's been a heck of a day. 

A dryer plug is not hard to install, could you do it yourself?

I hate being without laundry facilities!

• Like 1

I only have one SIL and she's pretty easy going.

The last time she was at my house was a few years ago, before she was a mom.  I don't think she judged me on how clean my house isn't.  Either way, she didn't say anything.

I haven't been to her home.  They live in a one-bedroom apartment which is not exactly conducive to visitors with a half dozen kids. :)

If someone is coming over, we will probably do one round of 15 minutes of cleaning, maybe two depending on how messy the house is and on if the visitors coming have kids who are just going to mess it up again. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

What did you get? I'm considering going back to Garmin when this one breaks.

You need to join the ITT Fitbit group.  Ask Jean how to do it - I can't remember.

(I think you just need the fitbit app, which will work with your phone if you don't have a Fitbit.  Might be totally wrong on that, but I vaguely remember dh saying something along those lines.)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

We're having pork banh mi for dinner.  

I am annoyed that I can't seem to get Red Haired Boy any faster.   Why is the Red Haired Boy always in such a rush?  I prefer a nice leisurely strolling pace!

Dh took the pup to the dog park and he threw up on the way.  He's having fun though.

Ds15 is explaining some intricate issues of the connection between difficulty and the monetization of gaming.  I'm just nodding and saying yes, dear, that's interesting...😂

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, maize said:

A dryer plug is not hard to install, could you do it yourself?

I hate being without laundry facilities!

I probably could but we ordered the right one from Amazon and it won't be here until Sunday so Dh can just do it when he gets home.   

1 hour ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

I am making myself wait until 5 for wine. And then Imma water it down or else the bottle's going to be gone by 6 at this rate. 

Dh is out straightening the sunroom/his weight room with the puppy and all I can hear from where I'm sitting on the opposite side of the house is NO!!! 😂

It was already 5pm here when I said that.   it's almost 7pm now.    I have beer but haven't had any yet because I'm still working on a class and since I have absolutely NO tolerance for alcohol, I will get absolutely no work done once I have it so I'm being a responsible adult and waiting.  

Today is still Friday right?  I have two more days to get things ready. 

• Like 3

My in laws judge my house despite the fact that their animals are not housebroken and they do not practice pest control, my parenting despite the fact that none of their children speak to them, and my weight despite being twice my size. They're about to be pissed off at me because we will not drive 17 hours both ways to spend one day with them, but they're always pissed off at me so oh well.

We're watching Captain America.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, myblessings4 said:

We switched to garmin and have been so much happier with them.

I bought 2 Garmins maybe 6 years ago for $220 each. Matt's broke at work which had everything to do with his job and nothing to do with the product, but he's still using mine. My fitbits are lasting about a year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, happysmileylady said:

yeah, that's 🦇💩 crazy.   My limit for a single day is around 3 to 4 hrs one way......so 6 to 8 round trip.  

They feel that we're obligated to come whenever they want because we took their grandkids away. For some reason this mentality has not worked out in their favor.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, maize said:

I've been fly hunting in my kitchen. It is a surprisingly addictive activity.

My weapon is an older version of this:

https://smile.amazon.com/BUG-A-SALT-3-0-Yellow/dp/B089CDCCR1/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=bug+a+salt&qid=1599864115&sprefix=bug+a+sa&sr=8-3

We seem to have a lot of flies right now.  Which is annoying because we bug bombed not that long ago.  We're going to have to do it again pretty soon.    Not until the new heat system is in because I"m sure they'll be going in and out a lot doing that. 

23 minutes ago, Slache said:

My in laws judge my house despite the fact that their animals are not housebroken and they do not practice pest control, my parenting despite the fact that none of their children speak to them, and my weight despite being twice my size. They're about to be pissed off at me because we will not drive 17 hours both ways to spend one day with them, but they're always pissed off at me so oh well.

We're watching Captain America.

I think I may watch Captain America with my beer.   I think I"m done with work for the evening.    Even though you guys didn't confirm and made me look at Google to make sure it was in fact still Friday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good news: we have a closing date! We're scheduled to close on the house next Thursday at 5 p.m. EST. We hired a moving company for bright and early Friday morning! (Which is also SuperDude's 7th birthday, so we're going to work hard to make it special for him despite being moving day.)

I should have some pictures to share next week, too.

Bad news: FIL struck again, only this time at Dave because I don't talk to him anymore. He had promised to help move, even promising to pay for the truck rental. His only stipulation was that Dave find some muscle because he (FIL) can't physically lift the heavy stuff. Given the man has had multiple joints replaced, this wasn't a surprise, but when Dave asked around, no one is available to help. So we hired movers. 

When Dave told his dad about the arrangement, my FIL decided that that wasn't how *he* wanted it to go and so he wouldn't be here for it, after all. He's not paying for any part of it, and isn't even sure when he'll be in Michigan to visit. Why? Because he'll be busy putting a new roof on a church in Virginia.

I'm angry with him, and I feel so bad for Dave. He's disappointed, though not really surprised. And I can't even really comfort him, because his dad is still a pretty sore subject between us.

Ugh.

But we're moving into the house NEXT WEEKEND!!!! And then I will NEVER HAVE TO MOVE AGAIN!!!! (I hope.)

The FIL stuff stinks, but CONGRATULATIONS on the new house.    

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

You need to join the ITT Fitbit group.  Ask Jean how to do it - I can't remember.

(I think you just need the fitbit app, which will work with your phone if you don't have a Fitbit.  Might be totally wrong on that, but I vaguely remember dh saying something along those lines.)

You also need to provide me with your email address or Fitbit name or something.  Slache actually is one of my Fitbit friends but she didn't want to participate in the past. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

You also need to provide me with your email address or Fitbit name or something.  Slache actually is one of my Fitbit friends but she didn't want to participate in the past. 

I'm not your friend (or anyone's) anymore because I wanted a fresh start after baby with no weight loss or badges. Anyone who wants to be my friend I'm mrslubbe@gmail(dot)com.

Please don't quote.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I was doing the challenges for a while but then I stopped getting the notifications.  Are they still going on?

8 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

Anyone else still up? The Girl is asleep on my floor so Captain America was replaced with LOTR: Two Towers to get her to go to sleep. And Disc 1 just ended.

I was toodling on the high school board and now feel like a total failure. Quiet Boy would be a freshman this year. We aren't even close. I know it is ok to go at his pace. It's just hard sometimes, you know?

Definitely it's okay to go at his pace.    I always feel like we are way behind when I go to the high school board so I tend to only stop in with a specific question.  My son is a sophomore this year and is definitely missing a few things.  But I also know he's unlikely to do a traditional college experience, and extremely unlikely to be applying for any rigorous programs.  So I don't worry about it.  (easier said than done, I know). 

• Like 4

Morning, Happy Saturday.  Guess what I'm doing today!!  The same thing I do every day.....Try and get ready for classes. (said in Pinky and the Brain voices).

It's crazy now but the last two years I basically ended up finalizing class plans the night before.  Don't want to do that again so I'm trying to get as much done before I start as possible.  It will make the next few months much much easier. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I didn't watch Captain America last night.  Instead I finished a book.  It was okay.  Something that was a Kindle freebie at some point that  loaded up to have something to read while dd was at TKD and it was raining.    I didn't like it enough to buy the rest of the series, especially considering the last book isn't done yet.  The first book had a semi-wrap-up that I'm good with leaving it at that.    I'm trying not to start large books or ones that I'll feel the need to finish right away while I have so much work to do and classes are starting.   It's rough though.  I really really like to read. 

• Like 2

Good morning!

(((Paradox))) I'm feeling that struggle, wondering if I've done enough, or too much, or taken the completely wrong approach...my theme song today is justkeepswimmingjustkeepswimmingjustkeepswimmingswimmingswimmingwhatdowedoweswim

I dropped the Two Youngest off at a Scout thing and then went to pick up dh at the garage where he took the van for new breaks.  I was a little ticked off because if we had taken it in a month ago when I first heard squeaking, we wouldn't have to be paying for new roters.

Coffee!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Can you tell I'm procrastinating a little bit?  I'm still drinking my tea and can't really do work while I"m still drinking my tea because I need both hands.   So you guys are stuck listening to me babble.   

My tea pot leaks all over the place when I pour.  Why would it do that?  I had the same one before and it didn't do that.  It's a glass tea pot. 

• Like 2

These are not books but internet links recommended on the loss of toxic family members.

ETA: I  just read through them. I had been saving them as they were recommended to me a while ago. The only one I found helpful was the toolbox.

Death of an Unloved One  How Survivors Deal with the Death of a Toxic Person

Grief Healing  Complicated Grief - Mourning an Abusive Mother

The Grief Toolbox  Dealing with Toxic People When Mourning

Grief Recovery Method  The End of Difficult Relationships with Less Than Loved Ones

Edited by Slache
  • Like 2