Menu

What's with the ads?

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Not true! I would lock the baby up (swing/crib) and tell the oldest to keep him occupied. He would sing and dance and tell stories and come and wake me if he needed anything. This is also how I showered.

Oldest likes to pick on Youngest and Youngest is an escape artist extraordnair. I keep telling Oldest that Youngest is gonna get him eventually.... Later that same day, Youngest tackled Oldest on the ground, climbed on top of him, and let him have it. Oldest was caught completely off guard and started screaming because he didn't know what to do. 😂

Edited by Servant4Christ
I got the Booya(h)!™
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Good Morning!!!,

COFFEE!!!~D

It’s vacation, people. I’m taking the girls to the zoo today. DS has soccer practice this morning. My mom is going to pick him up when it’s done and then take him to her house to cut wood with my dad. (He didn’t want to go to the zoo) Apparently my dad is obsessing about things again, mainly the wood that needs to be cut and stacked. He’s driving her nuts. He has slowly progressing dementia.  Anyhow, I love the zoo. The Big City has a lovely zoo.

This afternoon I guess I will make an Afsa order, bake some more bread for Thanksgiving and.... do something productive. Probably laundry.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

I couldn't stay awake. I tried. I fell asleep. At least I didn't have to witness the carnage. I was sad but not totally surprised when I saw the final score this morning.

Yeah, well, at least they got beat by the Niners who have an awesome quarterback and a really good record this year. The Raiders got beat by the Jets, who have a losing record. That’s embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

We are also on a break of sorts this week.  The kids don't have to do any lessons except instrument practice.  I have lots to do, and extra things to take care of, and my list for this week keeps getting longer! :dry:  Mostly good things, really.  We are trying to coordinate drop-off and pick-up for the kids who have choir rehearsals in different locations tonight and I have an orchestra rehearsal to get to.  First pantz, then laundry.

Imma put some tomato bisque in the slow cooker just in case anyone is home for dinner.

Coffee!

The Queen's favorite day and I are in total opposition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Yeah, well, at least they got beat by the Niners who have an awesome quarterback and a really good record this year. The Raiders got beat by the Jets, who have a losing record. That’s embarrassing.

I know! I saw that one.

I still felt bad for Aaron Rodgers, though, since he did once aspire to be a Niner!

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 1

I just found my check marks! ✓✓✓ now, if I could just get motivated to do stuff, I'd have a reason to use those check marks. That's gonna be my goal today! Do a bunch of stuff so I can make a list and use a whole slew of check marks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok. Off to school I go! I wish Oldest would hurry up with his language arts already so we can start geography! Well, maybe not just yet. Gotta print stuff first. Fingers crossed for a happy printer this morning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I woke up dizzy this morning. I literally almost fell down when I tried to stand up. Weird.

Are you dehydrated?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

I just noticed Baby Cheeto's extra curricular activity in your signature.  🤣

Slache's idea, but totally true! His head has dropped low, but his feet are still in my ribs. And he's not shy about letting me know he's there! Lol.

30 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Was that the one about soccer? I can't see it!!!

Yeah, I doubt it but we'll see what the new year brings.

I think I have the only children who do not like grilled cheese. 

I have one that doesn't like grilled cheese, or toast, or any kind of "crunchy bread." He also won't dunk cookies in milk because crumbs.

• Like 3

Good morning, my lovelies! Not sure if I said that or not. I dozed off during The Jungle Book, until Squishy jumped on my legs to hide from Ka. I just remembered I haven't fed anyone breakfast, so I'm going to go take care of that while the kids start White Christmas. Movie and pajama days are the best!

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I just found my check marks! ✓✓✓ now, if I could just get motivated to do stuff, I'd have a reason to use those check marks. That's gonna be my goal today! Do a bunch of stuff so I can make a list and use a whole slew of check marks!

Just write down a bunch of stuff that you've already done so you can check it off. That's what I do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Slache said:

Just write down a bunch of stuff that you've already done so you can check it off. That's what I do.

Nope. That's cheating! Imma earn it. 😂

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 1

Woke up ✔

Reheated breakfast ✔

Hid from complaining children ✔

I think I'm done for the day! Yay me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Squishy keeps hurting himself (biting his finger when he eats, pinching his skin in his toys) and blaming me for it. I don't think he's doing any of it on purpose, but he's just not paying attention. Somehow, keeping him from doing these things is my responsibility.

Kid, if I knew how to make you not do stupid stuff, parenting would be a lot easier.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I woke up dizzy this morning. I literally almost fell down when I tried to stand up. Weird.

Me too! I’m probably dehydrated a bit cause I woke up at  10. Everyone here has various drippy noses and coughs. This does not bode well.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I do that, too. Makes me feel like I’ve accomplished something.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I would like snow. Looks like we get rain starting tomorrow, though.

Supposedly we have a huge storm system coming in tomorrow night. I will believe it when I see it.

• Like 3

When I feel like I am getting nothing done it helps me to get perspective to write down what I have gotten done. Cheating would be writing down stuff that I haven’t done and yet checking it off

• Like 5

DD just asked me if it was required to have a medicine cabinet when you have kids. I wonder where she gets these things.

• Haha 5

Just now, Jean in Newcastle said:

When I feel like I am getting nothing done it helps me to get perspective to write down what I have gotten done. Cheating would be writing down stuff that I haven’t done and yet checking it off

Yep.

• Like 2

Dehydration?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Are you dehydrated?

Should have kept reading 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Slache said:

Imma get some creamer.

I got to co-op and there was no creamer.  End of the world scenario.  So I left to get creamer and came back with egg nog.  I’m now a hero.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

15 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

DD just asked me if it was required to have a medicine cabinet when you have kids. I wonder where she gets these things.

Just tell her yes and make her wonder what other mysteries await in parenthood.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

Just now, ThatBookwormMom said:

Just tell her yes and make her wonder what other mysteries await in parenthood.

My mom used to tell me lies like if you sneeze in outer space that your head would explode. I accepted them as truth and then in my adult life randomly realized things that I had never realized before because I hadn't thought about them. Another one was if you pee on a plane and flush the toilet without getting off of the toilet your insides would be sucked out. That one gave me nightmares.

• Sad 5

47 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Me too! I’m probably dehydrated a bit cause I woke up at  10. Everyone here has various drippy noses and coughs. This does not bode well.

Every time I shifted or woke in the middle of the night (last night), I felt like I was lying on a merry go round.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

My grandma didn't. She used a shelf in the bathroom linen closet. More room than a tiny medicine cabinet anyway, she told me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Every time I shifted or woke in the middle of the night (last night), I felt like I was lying on a merry go round.

I would wonder if you have an inner ear infection.  Or if the crystals in your inner ear are out of place and you need the Epley maneuver. 

There are Youtubes on how to do it yourself but I have to leave and don't have time to search for them. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Woke up ✔

Reheated breakfast ✔

Hid from complaining children ✔

I think I'm done for the day! Yay me!

I can do that! I thought you meant write down all the stuff I did yesterday and check it off today. I did lots yesterday, but didn't get to make any check marks because I didn't find them until today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I would wonder if you have an inner ear infection.  Or if the crystals in your inner ear are out of place and you need the Epley maneuver. 

There are Youtubes on how to do it yourself but I have to leave and don't have time to search for them. 

It's gone now. Just last night and when I first woke up this morning. No pain or anything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Servant4Christ said:

I can do that! I thought you meant write down all the stuff I did yesterday and check it off today. I did lots yesterday, but didn't get to make any check marks because I didn't find them until today.

If I need a list written down I will write down my entire routine for the sake of seeing things in context. Some of the things may have already been done but I want everything written down for reference. I have to check off of things that I've done so I get a quick visual account of what's left. It always feels good when I sit down and write everything down and I already get to check off a bunch of stuff!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Is pain what keeps you awake?  I actually slept for about an hour before pain woke me up. I just took pain meds to hopefully take the edge off so that I can get back to sleep. 

Pain sometimes keeps me from getting comfortable, but it doesn't usually keep me awake really late.  

I think a medication that I have to take several times a month causes insomnia.  It seems to be a pattern over the last few months.  I have checked to see if sleep issues are a side effect of the medication, but it doesn't seem to be documented.  It has been my experience, however.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Junie said:

Pain sometimes keeps me from getting comfortable, but it doesn't usually keep me awake really late.  

I think a medication that I have to take several times a month causes insomnia.  It seems to be a pattern over the last few months.  I have checked to see if sleep issues are a side effect of the medication, but it doesn't seem to be documented.  It has been my experience, however.

I have found patient forums to be better sources for "real life " experiences like that than the official medication sites. 

• Like 1

✓ woke up (and didn't fall)

✓ ketchupped

✓ coffee

✓ breakfast dishes

✓ started laundry

✓ printed geography pages (took 3 times playing with printer settings to make the gray shading and long/lat lines on the maps show up) without smashing it to bits.

✓ language arts

✓ math

✓ lunch

✓ lunch dishes

✓ swept

✓ Youngest down for nap

✓ made up guest beds for company coming

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I should start making pie crusts while it's quiet. And I need to clean the bathroom soon. There needs to be a super golden check mark for these. Maybe then I'd do them.

🏅

Either of those might work.

• Like 1

I have my first 1000 words for the day, and laundry is almost done. Cooked my chicken for chicken and dumplings tonight. Now I just need to make my Birds' Nest Pudding, and dinner will be almost done except for putting everything together this afternoon. 

I've got line edits to do this evening for a short story, and a blog post to prepare for tomorrow, and then I'll probably get my revisions up before the long weekend. I have to work, and I'd rather not be rushing to get everything done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

When I replaced our wedding towels a couple years ago, I got linen ones instead of cotton.  Best move ever, since they air dry really quickly.  

What towels do you have?

4 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

The Queen's favorite day and I are in total opposition.

I don't remember, have you been told who the Queen (of ITT) is?

3 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Slache's idea, but totally true! His head has dropped low, but his feet are still in my ribs. And he's not shy about letting me know he's there! Lol.

I have one that doesn't like grilled cheese, or toast, or any kind of "crunchy bread." He also won't dunk cookies in milk because crumbs.

I also do not dunk cookies for the same reason.

I am not well. I was up a lot of last night with a cough that hurts and makes my chest burn. I think I remember having this same thing 2 years ago. I was able to sleep again after the 4am classes, but still got less than 6 hours of sleep. And I have a migraine.

Last night, my bp shot up to 176/122. That wasn't good. It's back down to normal now, though, so I get to follow ITT rules and live. I'm lazing on the sofa trying to sleep with Chinese dramas on Netflix.

I can't find my purse and I need it so I can go buy cat litter. I also need to put in this grocery order before Afsa runs out of The Things, but I don't want to drive up there to get it. Then again, I also don't want to go buy cat litter because I don't want to drive because of the migraine.

Que dilemmas.

• Sad 4