Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning.

I'm feeling very allergy-y this morning.

I made dh's lunch and took the trash out for pick-up that may or may not happen today since yesterday was a holiday--our pick-up day is Tuesday and sometimes it gets delayed for a Monday holiday but sometimes it doesn't.

I haven't made school checklists for the kids or a family schedule for the week yet so I'm sitting in front of the computer trying to activate enough brain cells to do that.

I was in the bathroom this morning and saw a cat's paw poking out from under the door to the furnace closet. I thought she must have been stuck there overnight and was about to open the door when she wriggled herself under the door and out. The floor slopes there because of the drain so there's more space than under an ordinary door but still I wouldn't have thought an entire cat could fit through that space!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Spudater said:

My goodness!  Weren't your others good sleepers?  Is Isaac compensating for all of them at once?! 

Isaac, I know you're new here, but we have a rule about not dying, so let your poor mama get some sleep!

He's not the problem. My husband has issues with snoring and whether that's something he's willing to deal with changes.

• Sad 4

9 minutes ago, Slache said:

He's not the problem. My husband has issues with snoring and whether that's something he's willing to deal with changes.

I'd find another place to sleep. You can't survive without sleep. 

PSA booyah 

Edited by maize
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Junie said:

(((Slache)))

Has he seen your fitbit to see how it's affecting your sleep?

Does he wear a fitbit (or could he wear yours for a couple of nights) so that he can see how it's affecting his own sleep?

Yes. He's having a personality problem right now.

• Sad 2

We aren't doing any schooling this week. This is the week we transition from summer school to full school year school.   So I need to plan the school going forward.  And I still have a few classes to plan.  3 that I need to finish writing the powerpoints for, 2 that I just need to decide on order of activities.   

I can't decide if it's better to do multiple weeks in a row of the same thing or alternate.  One class is robotics, programming and engineering for little kids.  So the odds of them remembering much from week to week isn't that high and even doing the other things will build some of the same skills.   Then I have robotics & programming for slightly older kids.  That I think I want to do at least two weeks of the same thing because they will remember.  But do I want to do 2 weeks robotics, 2 weeks programming, back and forth for the 8 week session (and possibly additional 8 week sessions), or 4 weeks and 4 weeks (but then back to the initial topic for the next 4 weeks?).   I don't think there will be a huge difference either way I just have to pick one. 

I didn't get anything done today because we were at the beach.  Or yesterday because I was doing other stuff.  Or Sunday just because.   I need to be stricter for the rest of this week.  

• Like 3

I made chic/vanilla marbled cupcakes.  No frosting.  I ate 6 of them.

DS is retaking a math test, because I don’t accept D’s, especially on Chapter 1. Laziness and carelessness.  And because it’s 3x+10 not 10+3x.  I’m mean.  But I made cupcakes.  

Dog is mad because I forgot to make a vanilla only one for him.  Even he thinks I mean.

I can’t do anything right. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All the events have happened and all the papers have been printed out.  My mandolin teacher was mean and made me play through all the chord inversions, which I need to practice more, along with the arpeggios.  One positive aspect of having Skype lessons is that when we play together I am muted, so I feel more free to experiment with improvising without worrying too much about how ridiculous I sound.  :D

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, WendyAndMilo said:

Ok, ya'll, my heart is so full, I can barely stand it.  It's only been two days of our new schedule, starting school at 6:30am, but it has gone so unbelievably well... I actually have 2-3 hours every morning to teach, plus some in the afternoon.  To collaborate together, talk together, work through difficult things together.  I really can't believe how much of a difference this has made - FOR ME. My stress level went down so much that I was able to paint/draw tonight (I haven't done that since January).  I feel like singing with the angels.

This is wonderful!!❤️

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Well, my new plan, (plan c! For crazy!) Is to keep trying plan B for the rest of the week and see if we can get it to work, maybe it's just a learning curve. After that she has two choices, either back to MP with her sister or I give up and she takes Spanish at the CC in a year or two.

wendy, I'm glad things are going well!  🙂

Would she be interested in American Sign Language?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I don't know, why?

Some of my kids did not like the written work that goes with learning a language.

We did several years of ASL with a professor on youtube.  They did much better with that than they did with Spanish.

I was just wondering what it is about Latin that she doesn't like and if ASL would be a better fit.

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!L~D

Humph Day!!!

School and work!!!

Misty cat stayed in all night.😡😡

We are starting up our Wednesday night program at church tonight. All outdoors. We’ll see how it goes. We usually do Awana, but we are only doing 8 weeks because that’s the amount of time we can be reasonably sure of decent weather. So, we are just kind of making it up, but I think it will go well.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, WendyAndMilo said:

Ok, ya'll, my heart is so full, I can barely stand it.  It's only been two days of our new schedule, starting school at 6:30am, but it has gone so unbelievably well... I actually have 2-3 hours every morning to teach, plus some in the afternoon.  To collaborate together, talk together, work through difficult things together.  I really can't believe how much of a difference this has made - FOR ME. My stress level went down so much that I was able to paint/draw tonight (I haven't done that since January).  I feel like singing with the angels.

❤️

• Like 2

Good morning!

Dd14 is complaining that puppy is not well trained and says I need to do more intensive training with him.  Well, she's right - we've been in "minimum maintenance mode" for a couple weeks, but I am planning to take him on a good long walk today and do some work with him.  

Part of my order from ThredUp came yesterday.  The silk dress and wool dress pants are amazing.  I can't believe I paid so little for them.  I haven't worn a dress in years.

Lessons are underway.  Gyros for dinner tonight, though I just realized I'm out of dill and need to make tzatziki sauce.

Coffee! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Cheeto has started doing this adorable thing the past few days where he'll sit up very tall and reach his arms up above his head. It took a minute, but I realized that this was his way of asking for a hug. He doesn't necessarily want to be picked up, he just wants a chance to squeeze his arms around you and be close.

Tonight we had the brownies I made earlier. My butterscotch ones didn't turn out well. 😥 I used a too big pan (9x9 rather than 8x8), and then there was a kerfluffle with the timer so they baked too long. Reader called them rock cakes and compared me to Hagrid. 🙄😂😳 But the fudgy ones were awesome! So good, in fact, that Dave decided Cheeto shouldn't miss out on this joy and gave him a tiny bit. Cheeto's eyes got big, his smile blossomed, and his little arms shot straight up in the air.

Y'all, he wanted to hug the brownies.

I made the butterscotch brownies with dark chocolate chunks in them.  I used a bigger pan that has the dividers that supposedly makes every piece a corner piece.   I turned down the heat and shortened the time because they were so thin.  So they were slightly undercooked other than the real corners.   Between dh, dd and I we still managed to finish them all off in one evening. 

• Like 5

I don't do a schedule.   We use stuff that's pretty much do the next thing, do some of it year round, and just take off whenever we want/need to.     Things get done in a reasonable amount of time usually.    I do have to do some planning since we start year round full school next week.   And I start classes Monday.   And I'm sitting here thinking I really should have started all the school stuff this week while I'm home all day and not next week when I'm at the science center all day.   Now I have to decide do I get everyone up early to go over their school stuff before I leave or do I make them go over things with me when I get home at 2:30 to 4pm?    They do a lot of their work independently but especially the first day or so, it would probably be good if I could show them some of the new stuff.    They come to the science center with me on Monday and Friday.  

• Like 5