Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 minutes ago, square_25 said:

Hello!! I followed the trail of Dobby's Sock here, totally getting confused until I remembered who this sock was... 

I've never participated in this thread, although I think I tried to say hello a while back and got scared away by the many, many, many pages. 

Don't be scared.  Just jump in.  Or just read along for awhile until you (maybe) begin to understand that we're a little bit crazy (but not too much).

• Like 2

I am here. Barely. Work is overwhelming. The air quality is so bad my nose is completely plugged, my eyes are burning and I have a splitting headache. My cousin’s family and DH’s sister’s family are packed and ready to leave upon evacuation orders and my brother and his family up in Butte county are packed and ready to leave upon evacuation orders for the fires up there.two years ago they were evacuated for 5 months because of the Camp Fire..

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

5 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I am here. Barely. Work is overwhelming. The air quality is so bad my nose is completely plugged, my eyes are burning and I have a splitting headache. My cousin’s family and DH’s sister’s family are packed and ready to leave upon evacuation orders and my brother and his family up in Butte county are packed and ready to leave upon evacuation orders for the fires up there.two years ago they were evacuated for 5 months because of the Camp Fire..

(((Krissi)))

Praying for you and your family.  I was just watching about the fires on the news and it is unbelievable and heartbreaking.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dobby's Sock said:

I'm kinda sad I missed the first four thousand and fifty-something pages of this thread.  I peeked in around page 3000 I think and thought WTF is going on here, no thank you.  But alas...

We’ve had quite an interesting history here in ITT.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

We need a screaming in fear reaction. 

They took off all the good emojis when they redid the boards.

Ha!! I knew I’d get a Booya/h if I was persistent. And this Booya/h is dedicated to Svengo, and sneaking off guy and Willy-nilly guy and guy in the little car.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

All right, people, we need to get busy!  I went to Hobby Lobby while the kids were still asleep.  I picked out some stuff for my birthday, which is usually fall decor (because it's my favorite season).  Hopefully I bought plenty. 

I have Not been to the Lobby of Hobbies in months. Before the Apocalypse. Sigh.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I had popcorn with cheese.

Mmmmm.  I had chili but forgot the cheese!  Horrors!

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

No kidding.  Yawl are chatty this evening.

Running out of likes   
So many Posts for Ketchup      
I still like y'all.

19 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Coming right up!   

Oh thank goodness!

• Like 3

Good morning!

I am tired of waking up at 4.  Lynn, tell me to stop being stupid.  I think it's anxiety over stuff - ACT/CLT test taking, applying to colleges, learning issues.  Also my least favorite aunt has been visiting for the past 2 weeks and it's getting tiresome.

In other news, coffee is waiting and makes everything OK!

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

I woke up early again and couldn't get back to sleep.  I told dh this morning that I much prefer this to not being able to get to sleep.

Not sure what's going on today.

Except -- I actually know what's for dinner tonight.  Salmon with fried rice.  I only know this because I (gasp) remembered to get meat out of the freezer and I cooked the rice while I was making last night's dinner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just had to spend the first hour after waking up dealing with ridiculous people on my local group.   Not happy about it. 

I woke up to dh coming home, which totally confused me and made me feel like I slept in too long but turns out his car didn't start and he had to get it towed and was just back from getting that done so it was still only around 8:30am.   We're having another day of almost raining so I have a headache.  

Had a lovely argument with the kids last night because they got too used to staying up late talking to friends and we've been too relaxed because, why not?, and now they don't seem to want to make the switch until the very last day they have to.    

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, Bagels McGruffikin said:

Just hanging out doing school today, and experimenting with having my older girls do their math BEFORE they go to any classes, because they’re getting garbage scores and making a zillion mistakes when trying to do it once they’ve come home. Their brains are mush that time of the day, so 5:30 am math it is, then!

Svengo.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bagels McGruffikin said:

@Paradox5 what is Rancher’s Pie? Is it like Shepherd’s Pie with squirrel?

Could be coyote. 😂

Stickler cooks will tell you that shepherd's pie is made with lamb, so if you use beef, its Rancher's Pie, or fish for Fisherman's Pie, etc. 

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bagels McGruffikin said:

Every time you guys type this I have literally no idea what you mean 😗

When the board changed over, the emojis changed. There used to be a little dramatic fainting guy, and its code was :svengo:. So now we can't show it, but we use the name.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bagels McGruffikin said:

Oooooh, I never used the code, I just scrolled on the list and found the picture. The more you knooooow 🎶 

I just did a google search.  Svengo is Italian for "I faint".

ETA: An Italian Booyah!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4