Menu

What's with the ads?

#notaminimalist

ETA:  I have a lot of stuff in my house Booyah!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Paradox5 said:

The kids each have 1 name towel. We adults have 4. Plus 2 for water disasters. Uni Boy has 2 name towels at school. My mom makes them for the kids.

Each bed has 1 set if sheets/covers.  I do not like clutter.

I don’t consider towels clutter. Except maybe at houses where they are not properly folded and stacked.  Nothing irks me more than a disorganized linen closet. I’m working on that. 😉

• Like 6

I meant to say lots of towels. I have like 20 kitchen tea towels...

I will come help fold for anyone.

Edited by Paradox5
  • Like 4

I’m having cherry chocolate chip ice cream. It’s Kroger’s fault. They keep giving me ice cream coupons. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

We need a wishful thinking reaction. There is never time for a nap here. My only option is to run the children ragged so they're exhausted by dinnertime and more than willing to go to bed early.

I would nap when Youngest takes a nap, but that's when Oldest has 1:1 schoolwork with me. He does the more independent work while Youngest is awake exploring every possible mystery in the house with me trying to keep him out of too much mischief. They're usually both in bed by 9 so no reason to complain. I'm just out of energy these days.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, maize said:

How many bath towels would you keep on hand for a family of nine?

I'm decluttering and figure I can let some of my older ones go.

Are you a use it once family, or use for days family?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Are you a use it once family, or use for days family?

Use it once mostly, but only the sweaty teens shower every day.

And I do have two washers and dryers, towels get washed along with the rest of the laundry and at least some laundry happens almost every day.

• Like 3

We're home from Waco.  Bio grandma and roommate were an hour late because the grandma's oxygen was acting up so they had to go back home and get the other one.  So we walked around Target for the hour.  Had a short, but good visit and yummy food.   I'm still working on laundry and decluttered the kitchen a bit.  

• Like 7

Y'all sit down.  You are going to be shocked!

I'm watching a Christmas movie.

Edited by myblessings4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Y'all sit down.  You are going to be shocked!

I'm watching a Christmas movie.

:ohmy:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, maize said:

Use it once mostly, but only the sweaty teens shower every day.

And I do have two washers and dryers, towels get washed along with the rest of the laundry and at least some laundry happens almost every day.

Using once, normally I would think you would need a huge amount.  But if some get washed each day, two per person should, in theory, work.  Maybe an extra one for each of the teens.

• Like 4

We just bought new, really big, bath towels.  I think they probably count as bath sheets.  I think we have 10 for the 4 of us.  I usually use two at a time - one for body, one to wrap long hair.  Except these towels are so big and so plush that they are uncomfortable wrapped around my hair.  So I've been using a super old, very thin turbo towel for my hair.  I may need to buy something better.    We also have about 12 thin kitchen towels.  They aren't really like towels, not terry more like just cotton.  We have 10 hand towels and 10 washcloths that were from our old set.    What we have is plenty to get us through between washings.

Our old towels go to my classroom.  

The top of my dryer is about 6 1/2 feet in the air and only a few inches from the ceiling.  It's stacked on top of the washer.   I have some old empty shoe boxes up there but nothing else will fit.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Junie said:

I am actually planning to buy about 4 towels on Black Friday for dd17 to take to college with her next year.  I should be able to get them for around $10 total and hopefully they will last her until she graduates.

Oh, that's a great idea!  The girls' bathroom really needs new towels!  Their's are getting quite raggedy.  I'm thinking of getting two for each girl in "their own color" so they can keep them straight and maybe possibly take a bit of responsibility for them.  That would mean 2 orange, 2 yellow, 2 blue, and 2 purple.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

You're not watching 49ers vs Packers?

I can’t. The tv is on the other side of the house from the kitchen and I have to make dinner. But I’ve been checking the score.  I’m cheering for the Niners. All my other teams lost today.😩

• Sad 5

14 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

The Thanksgiving Service was wonderful.  It was in a stone "cathedral-like" church with amazing accoustics and a glorious pipe organ.  

That sounds awesome!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

We need a wishful thinking reaction. There is never time for a nap here. My only option is to run the children ragged so they're exhausted by dinnertime and more than willing to go to bed early.

My YOUNGEST child is 10yo.  This is why I can take naps!  Nap time will come for you one day, too!

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

The top of my dryer is about 6 1/2 feet in the air and only a few inches from the ceiling.  It's stacked on top of the washer.   I have some old empty shoe boxes up there but nothing else will fit.

That's what the top of my other dryer is like. It's tucked in a closet in the bathroom. My side by side set is in the garage-turned-play-room.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am out getting stupid steps in the cold and the dark 

Jean! Jean! She's our gal!  If she's can't do it, well what am I saying - of course she can!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, maize said:

How many bath towels would you keep on hand for a family of nine?

I'm decluttering and figure I can let some of my older ones go.

9.  We reuse and I wash them a couple times once a week.  

But we only have one bathroom, so we really can't put more than one per person anyplace, anyway.  

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

9.  We reuse and I wash them a couple times once a week.  

But we only have one bathroom, so we really can't put more than one per person anyplace, anyway.  

One bathroom, with all of those little ducklings?  I am so, so, so sorry.

My FIL only has one bathroom and it gets quite the workout whenever we go to visit.  Especially if people need to take showers.  I was thinking about getting one of those counter things like they have at the deli.  Now serving: 47.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Junie said:

One bathroom, with all of those little ducklings?  I am so, so, so sorry.

My FIL only has one bathroom and it gets quite the workout whenever we go to visit.  Especially if people need to take showers.  I was thinking about getting one of those counter things like they have at the deli.  Now serving: 47.

Ha! I'm totally going to do that.

Yes, I have to say "one toilet" around here because people usually assume "one bathroom" still must mean "one and half bathrooms."  And it's a little one.  A previous owner put the sink in the former linen closet to free up some space, so... no linen closet now.   We make do, but the dynamic is definitely different from the very proper household I grew up in.  Lots of sharing! 

When I replaced our wedding towels a couple years ago, I got linen ones instead of cotton.  Best move ever, since they air dry really quickly.  

• Like 6

Same

Oh right!  I knew that.  

Dh is banging around in the garage in frustration.  Usually he's not so bothered by a bad game.    But the Pats won (Ds5's team) and the Redskins won (Ds12's team).  You can't win 'em all.   

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Oh right!  I knew that.  

Dh is banging around in the garage in frustration.  Usually he's not so bothered by a bad game.    But the Pats won (Ds5's team) and the Redskins won (Ds12's team).  You can't win 'em all.   

This is ds19's team, too.  They've won two whole games this year.  😞

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Ugh, I know.  We can kind of hide it from Ds12 because we're in Patriots' Nation, but yeah.  Not their year. 

Um, it's never their year.  😉

I am in Somnia again. 😞

This morning dh's alarm went off -- and I was still awake.  Hoping to get to sleep before 7am.

• Sad 8

2 hours ago, Junie said:

I am in Somnia again. 😞

This morning dh's alarm went off -- and I was still awake.  Hoping to get to sleep before 7am.

Is pain what keeps you awake?  I actually slept for about an hour before pain woke me up. I just took pain meds to hopefully take the edge off so that I can get back to sleep. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I can’t. The tv is on the other side of the house from the kitchen and I have to make dinner. But I’ve been checking the score.  I’m cheering for the Niners. All my other teams lost today.😩

Poor Packers got crushed.

• Sad 1

Good Morning!  Coffee is ready!  Anyone starting break today?  We have some school work and two of my highschoolers have a couple classes and then I think we're finished for the week.  Oldest should be home tomorrow or Wednesday.  🎉🎉  

• Like 3

John's working on a new style. It's for a book or something. He is the king of starting big projects and not finishing them. I wonder where he gets that.

Today Matt and John are going on a long trip to do an inspection so they can see some missions. The kids and I are going to watch movies, play laser tag at the playground and eat food John doesn't know about.

20191125_063610.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Packers fans here.  Not a good night.  Sigh. 

8 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Same

38 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Poor Packers got crushed.

I couldn't stay awake. I tried. I fell asleep. At least I didn't have to witness the carnage. I was sad but not totally surprised when I saw the final score this morning.

Edited by Servant4Christ
double was
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Good Morning!  Coffee is ready!  Anyone starting break today?  We have some school work and two of my highschoolers have a couple classes and then I think we're finished for the week.  Oldest should be home tomorrow or Wednesday.  🎉🎉  

My kids are on break this week. Reader is planning to teach her brothers how to crochet, so they're wrapping skeins of yarn into balls and watching The Jungle Book.

I'm not on break. I'm making copies again (yay for paper and ink!) and building bundles of activities for each day so I don't have feral kids by mid-January.

If I can get next term's work sorted out before Cheeto comes, all the better. 😁

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

My YOUNGEST child is 10yo.  This is why I can take naps!  Nap time will come for you one day, too!

Youngest is 1. Oldest is 8. Naptime for me won't exist for a few years yet.

• Like 2

Good morning!  Coffee time!  DD and I are getting ready for work.  Dh and DC have the week off.  DD does need to do some work on assignments with deadlines, but not a lot.

Work, DD work, figure out how DD will get back home, run to the AFSA, probably grilled cheese sandwiches for supper.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

My kids are on break this week. Reader is planning to teach her brothers how to crochet, so they're wrapping skeins of yarn into balls and watching The Jungle Book.

I'm not on break. I'm making copies again (yay for paper and ink!) and building bundles of activities for each day so I don't have feral kids by mid-January.

If I can get next term's work sorted out before Cheeto comes, all the better. 😁

I just noticed Baby Cheeto's extra curricular activity in your signature.  🤣

10 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

It will get better sooner than you think.  💓

Good morning!  Coffee time!  DD and I are getting ready for work.  Dh and DC have the week off.  DD does need to do some work on assignments with deadlines, but not a lot.

Work, DD work, figure out how DD will get back home, run to the AFSA, probably grilled cheese sandwiches for supper.

Grilled cheese sounds yummy!!  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Not true! I would lock the baby up (swing/crib) and tell the oldest to keep him occupied. He would sing and dance and tell stories and come and wake me if he needed anything. This is also how I showered.

• Like 5

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

We are also on a break of sorts this week.  The kids don't have to do any lessons except instrument practice.  I have lots to do, and extra things to take care of, and my list for this week keeps getting longer! :dry:  Mostly good things, really.  We are trying to coordinate drop-off and pick-up for the kids who have choir rehearsals in different locations tonight and I have an orchestra rehearsal to get to.  First pantz, then laundry.

Imma put some tomato bisque in the slow cooker just in case anyone is home for dinner.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

Morning. Busy week leading into what promises to be an exceptionally busy December and January. Trying to get a cleaning schedule worked out today and next week, but like most things in my life, probably just going to have to do it and let it fall into place rather than will it to work.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I just noticed Baby Cheeto's extra curricular activity in your signature.  🤣

It will get better sooner than you think.  💓

Grilled cheese sounds yummy!!  

Was that the one about soccer? I can't see it!!!

Yeah, I doubt it but we'll see what the new year brings.

I think I have the only children who do not like grilled cheese. 

• Like 1