Menu

Ignore this thread!

We were going to go to the zoo for a Not Back to School day today but no other teenagers were going, and my kids have spent the past two days at the lake, and none of us wanted to get up early (zoo at 10am and it's 45 minutes away) so we bailed out.  

I have the first meeting of my Teen Club tonight.   We'll see how that goes. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Spudater said:

You don't know what they and the pencil have been through together...to cast it aside now, like a piece of trash! (Sob)

Um, yeah, that's pretty much what she told me. :)

I didn't even tell her to get rid of it.  I just asked her to not use it for schoolwork.

And still a meltdown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Spudater said:

It's not a curriculum. It's my made up plan.

Right. But I can’t remember what that was.  Was it the 10 min. of this, 10 min.  of that? Because that would have failed for my kid before it ever got started.  It takes my kid 10 min to just register what I said sometimes.  😂  I think we’re just not really good with microscheduling here. 

Edited by ikslo
An edpo Booyah!
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bagels McGruffikin said:

Technically Valentines Day, but if everything stays completely perfect my scheduled c section is at the very end of January, and if I can make it past New Year’s we are throwing major parties.

My mom's birthday is on Valentine's Day.  Double the flowers and candy!  🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, maize said:

I've been at the orthodontist all morning; ds15 needed a bracket re-glued and dd12 is getting braces put on.

It's looking like all my kids will need braces. 

Dd14 is very close to getting her braces off - could happen this month!  Fortunately, we finished paying for them just in time for dd11 to get them put on.  Sigh.  She's the last, at least.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Dd14 is very close to getting her braces off - could happen this month!  Fortunately, we finished paying for them just in time for dd11 to get them put on.  Sigh.  She's the last, at least.

This sounds like our house.

Ds20 didn't want braces.

Dd16 needed braces more than anyone else.  She got hers first.

As soon as we finished paying them off, dd18 got her braces.  She got them off this spring just in time to go to college.

Dd14 got her braces put on the same day that dd18 got hers taken off.  We have cute before and after pictures. :)

I think that dd12 is going to need braces, but I don't actually remember.

Dd10 will definitely need braces.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I ran an errand this morning, so I might be worthless the rest of the day.  At a minimum I need to do geometry with one dd and math with the other.  And I'm supposed to make lunch since I won't be home for supper.  Would rather take a nap.  😴   

Geometry - 
Lunch - 

• Thanks 1

My headaches have been better (only a couple of days per week is better than every day), but I've had a lot of headaches in the past two weeks.  More than usual.  I've tried several medications in the past and failed them all because of side effects.  My doctor won't give me the preventative meds that many people take because of my kidney stones.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I ran an errand this morning, so I might be worthless the rest of the day.  At a minimum I need to do geometry with one dd and math with the other.  And I'm supposed to make lunch since I won't be home for supper.  Would rather take a nap.  😴   

47 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Geometry - 
Lunch - 

And now math with youngest dd  

And points for quoting myself twice.  🎉

• Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, WendyAndMilo said:

Have you tried a migraine concoction?  2 pepto bismol tablets, 2 ibuprofen, and 1 bendryl taken with grape juice.  Also, how is your blood pressure?  My headaches went away completely once I got on the lowest dose of ...something for hpb even though mine was barely elevated.

I've never heard of this concoction.  It's kind of an interesting mix...

AFAIK, my blood pressure is ok.  I'm pretty sure the migraines are hormone related.  Some of them are stress related, but I don't know if my blood pressure is elevated during this time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maize said:

Can I use this excuse to take a leave of absence from home responsibilities?

Of course. I do all the time. That’s how I explain the bruises on my upper thighs. I got them kickboxing a bad guy. Definitely not from running into the corner of the buffet 5 times a day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

Me: Why is every cabinet in the kitchen open?
Alex: I was ooking for the staper.
Me: It's not in the kitchen.
Alex: I know that now.

At least he looks for things. My kids think I know where every single item in the house is kept, so they just ask me where something is instead of looking for it. Drives me nuts.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1