Menu

Ignore this thread!

12 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Pork loin recipe needed!  I was planning to make pork loin for dinner because dd21 (vegetarian) will be working tonight.

Smear dijon mustard on it. Sprinkle it with herbs so it looks pretty. Cook as recommended.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had a Panera sesame chicken salad for dinner.   Found out they'll now deliver to the science center so had it delivered while dd was doing tkd.  She couldn't make it through a whole class again without feeling lightheaded.   I'm torn between whether she has a real problem, or is just out of shape from not doing much of anything for 2 months.   I did let the doctor know because I still haven't heard anything about her EKG yet.   We may end up seeing a pediatric cardiologist.  She had a "normal variation" on her Ekg that the doctor told me about but not sure what that means.  

Dh is taking the kids to see his mom and to the shore this weekend.   I'm spending it cleaning. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I had a Panera sesame chicken salad for dinner.   Found out they'll now deliver to the science center so had it delivered while dd was doing tkd.  She couldn't make it through a whole class again without feeling lightheaded.   I'm torn between whether she has a real problem, or is just out of shape from not doing much of anything for 2 months.   I did let the doctor know because I still haven't heard anything about her EKG yet.   We may end up seeing a pediatric cardiologist.  She had a "normal variation" on her Ekg that the doctor told me about but not sure what that means.  

Dh is taking the kids to see his mom and to the shore this weekend.   I'm spending it cleaning. 

Is she still fighting the UTI?  

• Like 1

Just now, Another Lynn said:

Is she still fighting the UTI?  

She had a mild bladder infection that they didn't give us any antibiotics or anything for.  She hasn't had any further stomach pain though, so I think she's doing okay there.   No fever, and 99% of the time she's acting completely normal.  She's only had a problem when trying to do TKD, today she made it through about a half hour of steady exercises before feeling lightheaded. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

She had a mild bladder infection that they didn't give us any antibiotics or anything for.  She hasn't had any further stomach pain though, so I think she's doing okay there.   No fever, and 99% of the time she's acting completely normal.  She's only had a problem when trying to do TKD, today she made it through about a half hour of steady exercises before feeling lightheaded. 

Gotcha.  Hope you find an answer for her soon.  💓

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Renai said:

Smear dijon mustard on it. Sprinkle it with herbs so it looks pretty. Cook as recommended.

Mmmm...that sounds good, too!  I ended up smearing it with some spices and using red wine in the IP for cooking liquid.  Turned out good, with a bit of honey stirred in at the end.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Gotcha.  Hope you find an answer for her soon.  💓

Thank you.   I'm starting to wonder if the wheezing she was getting with TKD might be related somehow.  She was given an inhaler that she said really helped so we were thinking exercise induced asthma, possibly partially contributed to by dust/allergens at the dojo.   That started over a year ago though, so who knows.  

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday Eve!!!

Today is oldest DD’s 8th grade promotion day. And they are doing it in person. Hooray!! It will be in the stadium and we will all be sitting miles apart, but still. She is very excited. It’s supposed to be 105 degrees today, so they also added on the precautions of water and something to sit on because those stadium seats will be likely to fry our bums. 

Last night my neighbor came over and gave us some fruit and chatted a while. She is so nice. I don’t know why we are not a more friendly cul-de-sac, because there are a lot of nice people on it, but we aren’t.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

Tiger the Bullfrog was very enthusiastic over "Come Down, O Love Divine" (Vaughan Williams) this morning.

We are back from the hike and dh is making waffles for lunch.  We saw a pretty butterfly and some eagles and a teeny tiny frog.  I wore a new "sport performance" tank top to see if it would really wick moisture and keep me cool and comfortable.  Alas, it probably didn't even have a fighting chance with 90% humidity.  

• Like 1

Hello, didn't make it to ITT in the morning again.    Just same ole, same ole around here.      

I did ask dd if she thought anxiety may have contributed to her lightheadedness in TKD and she acted like it was a revelation.  She definitely thinks that may be a factor, if not the main factor.   She really doesn't like the Zoom format where it feels like everyone is watching her, and she can see herself.  They were working on new stuff both times and it all just made her feel very anxious.   We may need to just take a break from TKD until IRL classes are back.  

Dh is taking the kids to his moms and down the shore for the weekend.  I'll have a nice relaxing weekend on my own.  

• Like 5

Afternoon! Staying busy today, but cleared one item on my list and am close to closing out another. But now it's time for writing.

We have no water. They are working on a valve. Been nice if they'd told us about that, because we have no drinking water or juice or anything right now. I might have to run up to the nearest gas station for bottled water or something.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

The promotion was very nice. It was hot, but when the sun went down the temps were bearable and the sky was just gorgeous and the moon was just full and hanging there in the sky.    People were happy and the kids were excited. It was really a lovely evening.

• Like 5

Good morning!

So glad the program was nice, Krissi!

Lynn is having people!! ❤️

I should go grocery shopping today.  Maybe this afternoon.  I never know when stores are open any more.  Some have very short hours.  Several have been closing early afternoons this week over riot concerns.  Dd17 and I have appointments at the eye doctor.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday!!!!!

My House is an absolute disaster area, too, Junie. I may attempt to rectify the situation or I may just stick my head in the sand and pretend I don’t see it all.

School and work. It’s not supposed to be as hot today.

• Like 3

I started getting a headache at work yesterday.  I had to give online training to a small group that ended up being a huge group.  I faked excitement and interest and health and got through it, then collapsed with my head on my desk afterward. The woman who organized it later said she couldn't tell I wasn't feeling well and was impressed.  The headache got worse and worse - despite meds, driving home was horrible, and then I collapsed on the couch.  I made DS fend for himself for dinner.  He made me some soup. (Ramen noodles.  Yay! for ramen noodles.) Then I slept on the couch and finally dragged myself to the shower and bed.  I feel slightly better today.

During all of this testing results for DS came back.  Totally surprising.  All of the areas I was worried about, he did great, or at least better than expected (I'm looking at you, Spelling).   All the areas I wasn't worried about, he did average.  Doesn't feel like it is a report describing my child.  Whatevs.  Standardized testing is not a good indicator of a child's knowledge or potential, anyway, in my book.  So I just submit the results and move on.  But it is done, and he didn't fail, and I can keep my homeschooling mom card.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

The promotion was very nice. It was hot, but when the sun went down the temps were bearable and the sky was just gorgeous and the moon was just full and hanging there in the sky.    People were happy and the kids were excited. It was really a lovely evening.

Yay for a lovely 8th grade promotion!  🎉

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

I started getting a headache at work yesterday.  I had to give online training to a small group that ended up being a huge group.  I faked excitement and interest and health and got through it, then collapsed with my head on my desk afterward. The woman who organized it later said she couldn't tell I wasn't feeling well and was impressed.  The headache got worse and worse - despite meds, driving home was horrible, and then I collapsed on the couch.  I made DS fend for himself for dinner.  He made me some soup. (Ramen noodles.  Yay! for ramen noodles.) Then I slept on the couch and finally dragged myself to the shower and bed.  I feel slightly better today.

During all of this testing results for DS came back.  Totally surprising.  All of the areas I was worried about, he did great, or at least better than expected (I'm looking at you, Spelling).   All the areas I wasn't worried about, he did average.  Doesn't feel like it is a report describing my child.  Whatevs.  Standardized testing is not a good indicator of a child's knowledge or potential, anyway, in my book.  So I just submit the results and move on.  But it is done, and he didn't fail, and I can keep my homeschooling mom card.

Trophy for endurance and excellence during pain!  🏆

And Trophy for being an excellent homeschool mom with a genius son!  🏆

ETA:  It's a Trophy for excellence Booyah!

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 3

Oh, and I conquered the AFSA.  And I only went down 1 aisle the wrong way.  As far as I know.  And the house is more than half way straight.  

To-do:
Finish straightening
dust
vacuum
clean kitchen bathroom
Scoop litter box
finish as much laundry as possible
optional:
vacuum basement
"mop" kitchen floor

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Oh, and I conquered the AFSA.  And I only went down 1 aisle the wrong way.  As far as I know.  And the house is more than half way straight.  

To-do:
Finish straightening
dust
vacuum
clean kitchen bathroom
Scoop litter box
finish as much laundry as possible
optional:
vacuum basement
"mop" kitchen floor

• Thanks 2

Hello, missed my morning post again today.    Dh left with the kids this morning.  He made me a lovely spinach omelette before he left.   He actually made two, one to have today and one to heat up another day.   He also made me a big pot of oatmeal with flax seeds, chia seeds, berries and a bunch of other good stuff that I packed in single servings in the fridge to heat up.   And he made some extra chicken with dinner last night so I can have that in a quesadilla or chicken and dumplings (I can make Bisquick dumplings).   He knows I hate to cook and set me up right.  

I brought the snake to the science center today because I'm planning to bug bomb the house.  We usually do it twice a year - Spring and Fall - because old house in woods means bugs.    Last time I thought we only needed to be out 1 hour.  The ones we have now say 4 hours.  So instead of doing it today, I'm going to do it in the morning when I leave to workout with dd.  I'll bring the dog with me, he can walk with us and hang at the science center with me for the 4 hours.   

Dh and I decided we are going to go ahead and put in new floors.  We have not that old but totally gross due to kids and dog carpeting and I've been pushing laminate flooring as a nicer, easier to keep clean, and better for allergies option to dh.   Finally had him on board but we held off due to the virus uncertainty.   But, we've decided to go ahead with it.  Which means I have to empty every bookcase and shelf unit and piece of furniture in the living room.  That is not going to be fun. 

• Like 6

I kept pondering what to do with Gymnast for school. I work, and her schooling suffers. Then I had an epiphany. I remembered my main goal was to teach classes she also can attend (in Spanish). Duh.

Sheesh. I've been so forgetful lately.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I stopped shopping at Aldi because it is less stressful for me to shop in a place that doesn't have one-way aisles. However, I may go back soon, because I am tired of the way the grocery baggers at Kroger just can't seem to get it together.

Here's a pop quiz for you.  You have three items to put in a grocery bag: a small bundle of fresh cilantro, a large bag of sweet potatoes, and a medium size bag of peaches.  In what order do you place the items in the bag?  

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I stopped shopping at Aldi because it is less stressful for me to shop in a place that doesn't have one-way aisles. However, I may go back soon, because I am tired of the way the grocery baggers at Kroger just can't seem to get it together.

Here's a pop quiz for you.  You have three items to put in a grocery bag: a small bundle of fresh cilantro, a large bag of sweet potatoes, and a medium size bag of peaches.  In what order do you place the items in the bag?  

sweet potatoes then peaches then cilantro.

All the stores around here have the one-way aisles going.   A lot of people ignore them if the store is not too busy.   I accidentally ignored them on a trip to the store this evening and it occurred to me that I have a hard time looking down with a mask on.   It bunches into my eyes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Well, I am assuming from the question the cilantro was on the bottom and the sweet potatoes were on top??🤣

• Thanks 1