Menu

What's with the ads?

41 minutes ago, ikslo said:

😆

Today IS a new day! Are you or Paradox5 gonna enlighten me by defining teA?

Whoa! That little red notification circle just did double digits! What a little mathematician!

No way! Booyah!

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Sorry, I've lost track. Remind me who Svengo is. Is he the Barista? 

Short Recap of what I do remember:

1. The Queen is Ellie

2. The Booyah Babe™ is Slache?

3. Booyah must go in the first post at the top of each page of this thread OR ELSE

4. AFSA (a fortress of stress and anxiety) = Walmart

5. The ITT theme song is quite catchy. It's stuck in my head now and won't go away. Lol

6. The Island exists to help us through difficult days when we need an escape and/or rescue.... many employees at your beck and call

And she knows how to spell, too.  💗💗🥰

Hi from Duck, Servant!  I flew south and missed your arrival, but now I'm back. 

#h

• Thanks 3

Just now, Servant4Christ said:

Today IS a new day! Are you or Paradox5 gonna enlighten me by defining teA?

TeA is s3x, something to do with WTM not getting spam or something?  Not coming up in online searches for certain online genres?  Likewise, B00ks are b**bs. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

And she knows how to spell, too.  💗💗🥰

Hi from Duck, Servant!  I flew south and missed your arrival, but now I'm back. 

#h

Aw! Thank you! Spelling was my favorite subject as a kid.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ikslo said:

TeA is s3x, something to do with WTM not getting spam or something?  Not coming up in online searches for certain online genres?  Likewise, B00ks are b**bs. 

Oh my. I had a feeling it might be something like that but Paradox5 said don't ask so of course I had to and after the whole Walmart = AFSA and it possibly being related to A Fiery Surface of Antifreeze....

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Haha 3

Today is the start of our Vacation From School week.  I'm supposed to accomplish a lot of stuff.  

So far, I have: 

• slept until 8am
  • supervised Dd9 making coffee cake
  • washed the goat
  • eaten coffee cake
  • told Ds5 how to spell "gwogwoo" (because he asked)

It is now 2pm. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just figured out why poor Svengo had me so confused. I thought he was Swen from The Island! Like I said: still sifting and sorting all the info.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ikslo said:

There was a thread a long time ago that became a discussion of s3x, using tea as a euphemism. It was hilarious, because one poster started asking something along the lines of, "Hold the phone, are you ladies telling me that you're making reliably good tea every time? Like, you're getting a good rolling boil and..." and it went on in that vein for some time. Then there was a follow up post about removing the carpet in your tearoom. You used to be able to find the posts under the tag WTM 101, but I can't find them again to link them.

I missed the genesis of bOOks as b**bs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ds5 now wants to know how to spell "JeanHigh." 

Since I am pretty confident Jean is NOT high, and since he has informed me it is the name of the paper ninja he just made, I told him to spell it Jiinhai.  

Which is pretty cool for a ninja name, I must say.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've come in time to say welcome and straighten out a misconception.

WELCOME!

Slash is not the "booyah" babe. She is the Booya Babe. It's right there, part of her name. There is no H. #noh. Booyah is a type of stew. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

I've started a little game with myself.  Every time after I go potty, I do 10 pushups holding the side of the bathtub.  I call it a game to trick myself into thinking it's fun.  Sometimes I actually remember to do them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

There was a thread a long time ago that became a discussion of s3x, using tea as a euphemism. It was hilarious, because one poster started asking something along the lines of, "Hold the phone, are you ladies telling me that you're making reliably good tea every time? Like, you're getting a good rolling boil and..." and it went on in that vein for some time. Then there was a follow up post about removing the carpet in your tearoom. You used to be able to find the posts under the tag WTM 101, but I can't find them again to link them.

I missed the genesis of bOOks as b**bs. 

Ah! There's the lightbulb that makes it all click! I was still scratching my head over where/how THAT series of letters equals THAT.

• Like 1

The booKs one happened when someone actually was talking about books and accidentally typed boobs. These were the days before autocorrect, obviously. She came back and corrected herself as "booKs, I need booKs," or something to that effect. But of course, we all had fun with it, associating booKs with boobs, and needing booKshelves, and all that. Those were the days...

Oh, forgot, bOOks looks like boobs (the two Os). That's why. Anyway...

Edited by Renai
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Renai said:

I've come in time to say welcome and straighten out a misconception.

WELCOME!

Slash is not the "booyah" babe. She is the Booya Babe. It's right there, part of her name. There is no H. #noh. Booyah is a type of stew. 

I didn't believe you til I Googled it. The stew can be spelled either way, too so I'm still firmly rooted in camp "h" 

Edited by Servant4Christ
Rooted, not routed! Gah!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Servant4Christ said:

I didn't believe you til I Googled it. The stew can be spelled either way, too so I'm still firmly routed in camp "h" 

The Original Booya Babe is the one who started it all, thus makes the rules. Just because some renegade comes around and makes their own rules with an h doesn't make it right.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Two of my kids are playing hide and seek. Neither is the seeker. At least it's quiet.

Your kids need to teach mine this game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The Booya vs Booyah Wars.

It's a Real Thing.

The OBB is always right on this matter, however.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I've been off for a few weeks and come back to a Booya "Discussion?" Really people?!? 

Sigh.

It's a good thing I love ya'll. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

This is the removing carpet thread. I can't find the original.

I totally missed that one! What was I doing in 2011...Oh, yeah, I didn't completely wake up from having Gymnast until 6 months later. I was still out of it. The video posted is a hoot!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do remember the story of being waxed to the tub however...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Renai said:

The Original Booya Babe is the one who started it all, thus makes the rules. Just because some renegade comes around and makes their own rules with an h doesn't make it right.  

I've never ever been called a renegade before in my life. I saw someone else spell it and copied it. I will concede to calling Slache The Booya Babe™ but when typing just the word itself, my inner editor must spell correctly. My autocorrect even demands it. Lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I've never ever been called a renegade before in my life. I saw someone else spell it and copied it. I will concede to calling Slache The Booya Babe™ but when typing just the word itself, my inner editor must spell correctly. My autocorrect even demands it. Lol

No, no, you're not the renegade - you're a renegade FOLLOWER, lol!

I don't remember who the Original Booyah Renegade is...

Confess, whoever you are!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Renai said:

Autocorrect.

#h

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I swam in the sea*.  So far, so good.  It was in a rather balmy little inlet.

Now I only have 4% battery life left, so I'd better accomplish something.

Bah.  

*Swimming in the sea means posting anywhere else on the boards except the ITT thread.  It's not against ITT rules, but you do it at your own risk.  I'll let someone with more battery life give the backstory.   It's a fun one.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Limited reactions?

Before the WTM  Platform Upgrade  (or whatever the blackout was called), you could use up your likes.  You'd get a pop-up notifying that you had no more likes left. It'd be.... 24 hours? before you had them back.   

Is that still true?  I was without my laptop all last year so I'm still figuring out the new stuff. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Renai said:

AMJ around page 80.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

1%.

I could plug this thing in, but then I would keep on not accomplishing stuff.  

But I would have more fun.  

What to do????

Plug in and join in, of course!

I thought the 'swim in the sea' was from that Irish video of a storm a while back. I didn;t get it was to refer to posting in other WTM boards.

Servant, it is slightly against ITT rules to spout education questions. All must be prefaced with 'EdPo' so everyone knows to gear up for it. I am the biggest rule breaker about it. I will have to do penance by cleaning everyone's kitchens.

Edited by Paradox5
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Mary: What I'm about to say is going to be very surprising. Are you ready?
Me: Yes.
Mary: Can I put my Belle dress on?
Me: Yes.
Mary: Ok. *flutters down the hallway to her closet*

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I thought the 'swim in the sea' was from that Irish video of a storm a while back. I didn;t get it was to refer to posting in other WTM boards.

Servant, it is slightly against ITT rules to spout education questions. All must be prefaced with 'EdPo' so everyone knows to gear up for it. I am the biggest rule breaker about it. I will have do penance by cleaning everyone's kitchens.

We took swimming in the sea from the crazy Irish lady, and now it means to post on the chat board.

I never say Edpo. Everything is Ed.

#educationisalife

#edpo

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Servant, it is slightly against ITT rules to spout education questions. All must be prefaced with 'EdPo' so everyone knows to gear up for it. I am the biggest rule breaker about it. I will have to do penance by cleaning everyone's kitchens.

You knew I was trying to figure out EdPo didn't you? Edgar Allen Poe just couldn't be it. I assumed any education questions could be found by taking a brisk swim in the sea. I actually did that a few minutes ago and discovered that there's an orange box that says "HOT" under the ITT thread.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

You knew I was trying to figure out EdPo didn't you? Edgar Allen Poe just couldn't be it. I assumed any education questions could be found by taking a brisk swim in the sea. I actually did that a few minutes ago and discovered that there's an orange box that says "HOT" under the ITT thread.

It's cuz we're all so foxy.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Also DentalPo's.  Because teeth and drills and all that.  😬

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lots of little ducklings said:

A water main just broke on our street, so no water for us the rest of the day.  

How ever shall I prepare dinner for my precious children???   😎

Breakfast night! Scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, homefries and toast.... You could even make breakfast wraps if they prefer. I love food challenges like: I only have ingredients x,y, and z..... Go!

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1