Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 minutes ago, Renai said:

Question of the day:

How does one organize a COVID baby shower? Remember, I am not a party person and I have no friends.

SIL hosted a FB live where she opened gifts in front of the camera. I didn't like that method.

Maybe a pizza social distancing party where all the gifts are mailed to you so you can wrap them?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slache said:

SIL hosted a FB live where she opened gifts in front of the camera. I didn't like that method.

Maybe a pizza social distancing party where all the gifts are mailed to you so you can wrap them?

And Renai gets to eat all the pizza, right?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I took Youngest outside to play and lasted less than 30 minutes. It's HOT out there. Just drank a tall glass of ice water and checked the weather. It's 72° 🤣

It was all in the stomach. I used to get cold flashes when I was pregnant.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Renai said:

Question of the day:

How does one organize a COVID baby shower? Remember, I am not a party person and I have no friends.

Is it too hot to meet at a park?  Put chairs out at intervals in a big circle.  Can still have pizza (or whatever you like).  This is how some neighbors had a party recently in our cul-de-sac.  Outdoors, socially distanced.  They appeared to be having a lot of fun.  (Though Juliet thought that it was totally suspicious.) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Renai said:

We are thinking of doing a drive by shower...

The perfect introvert event!  I love it!

37 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I survived my first Skype lessons!  The teacher is really good, and I am hoping I can accomplish something in 6 weeks.

Dinner is soup.  Corn chowder.  I feel like I should make some cornbread or something.

Yummy!  I was just talking about your make-ahead soup meals.  DD wants to make clam chowder for her dinner night - she wants to take revenge on her plate scraping family members by serving them soup (no forks/knives) and specifically some who said they don't like seafood - two birds, one stone.  😜

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Is it too hot to meet at a park?  Put chairs out at intervals in a big circle.  Can still have pizza (or whatever you like).  This is how some neighbors had a party recently in our cul-de-sac.  Outdoors, socially distanced.  They appeared to be having a lot of fun.  (Though Juliet thought that it was totally suspicious.) 

Yes, a friend who was pregnant the same time I was pregnant with Dancer suggested a drive by shower set up at a park. I'm thinking of parks that already have a lot of tables spaced out.

• Like 3

Morning.  Dh and the kids are coming home today.   I'm meeting up with dd but I may try and talk her into all indoor workout today.  It's going to be super hot.  

Woke up to a sore ankle for the first time in ages.  I'm wondering if it was all the crappy white carbs I ate yesterday.   I had chicken and dumplings for dinner. 

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Tuesday!!!

DD1 and I are getting our hair done today,! Major celebration. I haven’t been there since February.

Nothing else on the docket except school and work. Work is busy busy.

Misty-cat is very affectionate this morning, I think she is feeling apologetic for staying in all night. At least she didn’t jump in our bed at 2:00 in the morning.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

We lunched. 
I emailed our Children’s minister and our Awana Commander my resignation as T&T Girls co-director. I was co-director for 2 years and it totally stressed me out. Don’t ask why. I hate being in leadership positions and now this year I have to get my CLAD (English langauge learner authorization) which is 18 units of course work through UC San Diego (I have 5 years, but there is a nice financial incentive to get it done in 1 year). Anyhow, I will be happy to be a group leader where I just show up and do it, but I can’t do anything else.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Krissi, I hate being in leadership positions as well.  Glad you were able to resign from a stressful position!

We did round 2 of acrylic painting.  Everyone seemed more accepting of their work and there was considerably less drama.  I practiced mandolin and played with the kids quartet.  We are doing Beatles tunes.  Our latest ukulele sing-along song is Obla Di Obla Da, which is really fun but we can never remember the ending.  I'm in the market for more fun songs to sing with the ukulele if you have any suggestions.

Dinner is BBQ chicken tacos.

• Like 1

Dh and I went and ordered flooring today.   I have two weeks to do some cleaning, reducing, organizing and packing up of the bookcases in the living room.  We got fully waterproof luxury vinyl in a slightly distressed grey-ish color.  Now we're discussing if we can do some rearranging while we're pulling everything up. 

Now dh is looking at pantry cabinets to replace two we currently have that are about 15 years old.  One of them is really falling apart, the other isn't bad but isn't good either.  Plus a set of cubes about that old is also crumbling at the bottom.  

I'm eating leftover dumplings for dinner.  I know it's going to make me feel uggy again but can't waste it and they taste soooo good.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

Edpo:

Quiet Boy is about in tears of frustration with Novare Earth Science. He likes the text but the rest is too tricky/hard. I told him to make me a list of 3-5 facts per section of what he learned Instead for the next chapter. He said, “Nothing works for science for me!”

I’m really regretting not going with Apologia General. I really felt he needed the scaffolding/hand-holding but the insanely long experiment supplies list is scary and no kits yet for the new editIon, either, that I could find.  He is also worried about bias. I told him nothing is as bad as BJU, and lots of kids just like him have used Apologia successfully. Using the old edition is not an option. We don’t like Dr. Wile’s style.) Think I should just cut our losses and go for Apologia? We really don’t like doing science, but we like reading and watching science. 

Well, I like Jay Wile, but honestly if he likes the text of the Novare, I would stick with it and address the issue that the rest is too tricky/hard.  Is it the tests?  Let him take them open book.  Is it end of chapter questions?  Don't assign those.  Asking for 3-5 facts per section doesn't mean it doesn't work for him.  That's probably a better way to learn from a text, but most teachers want a teacher's guide with answers so they never assign things like that.  

• Like 3

Morning, I'm actually here in the actual morning for a change.   I have algebra teaching today in addition to meeting dd for exercise.  I'm not sure if we'll walk outside today or not.  We have air quality warnings, and with my asthma that could be a problem.  

I have to get to back to cleaning the science center.  I'm doing some major reorganizing and things are at that stage where it looks scattered and messy before things are put away correctly.  I'm hiring an additional teacher for the fall and I want to advertise and start interviewing soon but want things to be cleaned up before I do.  

Dh gave the kids off school for the week before they came home so I have days to get that planning done.

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Humph Day!!!

I am having a severe case of the “I Don’t Wannas” today. So much stuff to do for work....

Did I tell y’all I made a lasagna yesterday? I haven’t made one in years. It was easier than I remembered.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

Getting ready to head out to Aldi, the Library(!) and maybe the thrift store.  I have to check the library website and see if I can return books.  I got an email that a book i put on hold is waiting for me, but they are not extending the time I have to pick it up even though they are only open 3 days a week!  

Coffee!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Getting ready to head out to Aldi, the Library(!) and maybe the thrift store.  I have to check the library website and see if I can return books.  I got an email that a book i put on hold is waiting for me, but they are not extending the time I have to pick it up even though they are only open 3 days a week!  

Coffee!

I dream of the day I can return our library books from March.  🙄

• Haha 1

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

I had to caffeinate a headache yesterday, so I didn't get to sleep until 5 a.m.

I slept until 10:30, so I feel ok.

Our library has stayed open this whole time.  They did switch to curbside pickup in March and they eliminated fines for the time being.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I dream of the day I can return our library books from March.  🙄

I had to answer the questions and get my temperature taken and they wrote down my name and phone number and where I was planning to go in the library.  Oy.  It's worse than airport security in Soviet Russia.  Though they didn't try to trip me up on my place of birth. Lol.  I kept one book that I thought the girls might like and haven't read yet.  But apparently the free book extravaganza ends June 30.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Went to Target for the first time in three months and bought my "famous black pj pantz".  One pair is too short and the other is too long but both fit me around the waist.  I think that I will return the too short pair and will hem the too long pair.  And I will see if there are more of the too long pair online and order some. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

I'm so sorry!  This is the worst thing I have heard in awhile.  I'm so sad for you.  😢💓

Thanks - they are planning to start back up in January, but they way things are going I really don't expect that to happen.  On the positive side, I'll have Thursdays free to practice mandolin or go to a slow jam.  Maybe my skype teacher will be giving lessons in person in the fall.

• Like 1

Good Mornong!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday Eve!!!!

Last day of school!!!

It’s supposed to be hotter than a big dog today. 103.

Summer vacation plans are made. We found an Air Bnb at Lake Tahoe, so we’re going there for a few days next month. I’m so glad.

That’s all I have for today!!

• Like 3