Menu

Ignore this thread!

I wanted to make waffles last week, but I'm running low on gf baking mixes.  I have to make a triple batch and there are only one or two waffles left over.  Dd17 is going to have to get used to waffles that aren't orange.  :)  I use baby food sweet potatoes instead of the oil.

• Like 5

Morning.  My "workout early, get stuff done" plan has worked so far.   Was home from working out with dd by noon, had lunch and cleaned the kitchen.  Wiped the outside of all the cabinets (they were BAD), cleaned out the microwave, finished up the dishes.   Still had time to do some work on classes, watch a movie with dh, and got to bed relatively early.   

I'm working on straightening up the house this week, then dh and the kids are going to his mom's this weekend.  I'm going to bug bomb the house (we do it twice a year, old house in the woods means it gets overwhelming in Spring and Fall), then spend the weekend doing a deeper cleaning.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Happy June!

I am trying to find stretches and/or exercises that will help me sit cross-legged.  It seems my knees are the main problem, and my legs/hips definitely need help with flexibility/stretching.

Coffee!

Cross-legged Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Morning. I thought it would kill me, but once again, I evaded it and lived to see the caffeine. 

We are on summer break! I'm starting out the day by doing some writing sprints with a friend, and will do reading this afternoon while the boys take the boats out for fishing at the lake.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

My new COFFEE~D-maker is supposed to come today. Yay!!

It’s supposed to heat up again this week, but boy we had a wonderful weekend. I have all the doors and windows open right now and am enjoying a concert put on by a couple of mourning doves and a very enthusiastic mocking bird.

• Like 6

Hey y’all. Happy June:)

I am finally catching up on life. I know I said that in the winter, and last summer and the year before that, lol. We have now lost 3 parents and a nephew. I was ill for 6 weeks in Jan. Still have a brother to arrange care for, but other than that, our dementia/caregiving journey has (God-willing) come to an end. 
If I can just get my senior to finish his senior year, I think I might breathe again.

Cheech and Chong, the cats, say hello to ITT. I plan on spending a few mornings going back through posts to see how everyone is doing...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hi, Heather!

Today and tomorrow are testing days for us.  It was a bit of a slow start, and I had to delete Norton from the computer because it didn’t like the testing platform, but we’re underway now.  Hoping results are good so I can submit results to the state rather than having to pursue an end-of-year evaluation. 

Thinking maybe tonight should be a movie night.  With popcorn. And Swedish Fish.

Proctoring tests is boring.  I tried reading, but I need a good book.  I picked up DS’s assigned reading since it was there, but The Red Badge of Courage just isn’t what I feel like right now for just passing the time, you know?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Professormom said:

Hey Junie! 
How are you guys doing graduation recognition for your 2020-er? Good times, lol.

I signed her diplomas and handed them to her.  We did take a picture later.  It was still more than she wanted to do.

She's been homeschooled her entire life, so her expectations for a graduation ceremony were non-existent.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Hi, Heather!

Today and tomorrow are testing days for us.  It was a bit of a slow start, and I had to delete Norton from the computer because it didn’t like the testing platform, but we’re underway now.  Hoping results are good so I can submit results to the state rather than having to pursue an end-of-year evaluation. 

Thinking maybe tonight should be a movie night.  With popcorn. And Swedish Fish.

Proctoring tests is boring.  I tried reading, but I need a good book.  I picked up DS’s assigned reading since it was there, but The Red Badge of Courage just isn’t what I feel like right now for just passing the time, you know?

This is the key to surviving testing.

A few weeks after we completed testing, our state said that they were waiving the requirement due to Covid.  In fact, our county said: Do not send test results.  They will be destroyed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Happy June!

I am trying to find stretches and/or exercises that will help me sit cross-legged.  It seems my knees are the main problem, and my legs/hips definitely need help with flexibility/stretching.

Coffee!

Cross-legged Booyah!

I couldn't sit cross-legged for a long time.  It was partially due to an ankle injury that took forever to heal and putting pressure on the side of my ankle hurt.  It's much better now and I'm still awkward on one side, but doing yoga seems to have helped immensely.  

I had to run to Target after working out today.   I had bathing suits for dd to return, but our scale also stopped working.  We've had it forever.  I stepped on it three times, letting it shut down completely in between, and got three different readings with the highest and lowest 9 pounds apart.   So I figured that wasn't good.   Target only had one scale in stock and it was more than I wanted to pay but it will measure all kinds of things and work with Fitbit app over bluetooth so maybe it will be good.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Junie said:

This is the key to surviving testing.

A few weeks after we completed testing, our state said that they were waiving the requirement due to Covid.  In fact, our county said: Do not send test results.  They will be destroyed.

I haven’t heard of any waiving of requirements for homeschoolers in FL; will look.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spudater said:

I’ve done probiotic supplements and kefir and never thought they did anything. Could be they weren’t powerful enough, could beI am too much of a pessimist for the placebo effect. I’m kind of turned off by supplements (and chiropractors) bc I’m surrounded by people who swear by them and spend a lot of money on them and yet never seem to get better and are always looking for the next thing. May be an atypical bad personal experience 

This isn't a supplement but a full replenishing. You do it for a few days and then stop until you go on antibiotics again or a drinking binge. I did supplements before but not the quality ITT recommended and didn't see a difference. I have never heard of this concept and I'm intrigued. I was on antibiotics off and on for a year at about 20.

28 minutes ago, Junie said:

Yes, diplomas plural.  We give a "real" diploma and then a joke diploma.

What's the joke one?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Slache said:

What's the joke one?

It's a play on our last name.

So, not using our real last name, it would be similar to a diploma from Frye Academy and another one from French Fry Academy.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Professormom said:

I am finally catching up on life. I know I said that in the winter, and last summer and the year before that, lol. We have now lost 3 parents and a nephew. I was ill for 6 weeks in Jan. Still have a brother to arrange care for, but other than that, our dementia/caregiving journey has (God-willing) come to an end. 
If I can just get my senior to finish his senior year, I think I might breathe again.

Cheech and Chong, the cats, say hello to ITT. I plan on spending a few mornings going back through posts to see how everyone is doing...

Hey Beautiful!!  So glad you are here!  (((Heather))) Praying you can get in a few boring weeks.

• Like 1

Brought dd13 to the ortho (no more head-gear!) and I read for story time (Green Ember) and started a new summer chore chart.  Seems too empty.  Surely there are more chores to be done!

I think I'll go back to my book. I got it from the digital library. It's very fascinating - The Genius of Dogs: How Dogs Are Smarter Than You Think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ikslo said:

I haven’t heard of any waiving of requirements for homeschoolers in FL; will look.

Annual Evaluations – All annual evaluations due between March 1, 2020 and July 31, 2020 will be due by July 31, 2020. We encourage families to reach out to your evaluator to establish a plan to complete your evaluation by that date. If you need to find an alternative method of evaluation, please refer to the Annual Evaluation section below.

So, yeah, we still have to submit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, Professormom said:

Hi Heather!! It’s so good to see you! You have been missed. Sounds like you’ve had a lot going on! ❤️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Hey Beautiful!!  So glad you are here!  (((Heather))) Praying you can get in a few boring weeks.

Have I told you lately how I love you? (Picture me singing this:)

Boring is highly underrated sometimes. I find myself very much appreciating it right now!

and ditto, @Krissi I miss you all too!

Edited by Professormom
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Professormom said:

Have I told you lately how I love you? (Picture me singing this:)

Boring is highly underrated sometimes. I find myself very much appreciating it right now!

and ditto, @Krissi I miss you all too!

So good to see you!!!  You've had quite a time of it!  Hope you're steering for calmer waters ahead.  

I have a senior this year too.  He's pretty chill about the whole thing, but their theatre group is hoping to finish rehearsing and perform this summer and there will be a seniors only banquet and car parade in July too.  Crazy times.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

I couldn't sit cross-legged for a long time.  It was partially due to an ankle injury that took forever to heal and putting pressure on the side of my ankle hurt.  It's much better now and I'm still awkward on one side, but doing yoga seems to have helped immensely.  

I am finding some good stretches, and a lot of yoga-inspired(?) exercises.  I tried one that starts in downward facing dog and even that was a bit above my level, lol.  I will keep at it though.  Maybe in a month things will be improving.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

So good to see you!!!  You've had quite a time of it!  Hope you're steering for calmer waters ahead.  

I have a senior this year too.  He's pretty chill about the whole thing, but their theatre group is hoping to finish rehearsing and perform this summer and there will be a seniors only banquet and car parade in July too.  Crazy times.  

You too! Congrats to your guy. Our group is hoping to have a grad, although the plans be a changin’ left and right. DS was chosen to speak, which was pretty special. The local high school got all of their senior spring athletes (both of my guys are varsity tennis there) big picture posters and hung them alongside the football field for a drive by parade, which was very cool. (It was especially cool that the athletic office remembered and included my DS, considering he doesn’t even go to school there, lol.) I still don’t know that we are going to even try to do a party... that might be pushing our luck. I have no interest in getting sick again this year. Six weeks in Jan/Feb was more than enough for this chick.) But, at least he is getting some fun, memorable stuff:)

• Like 3

Good morning!

I have never been able to handle Facebook.  It either makes me mad or crazy or feel like a complete and utter failure.   I've actually been on there more in the past month than in all the years I have had an account because of puppy and camping pages.  But I generally ignore the feed on my own page and everywhere else.  

I have a zoom dr. appt. this morning and might go to my favorite thrift store this afternoon.  They are sadly closing down at the end of the month.

Coffee!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spudater said:

Baby has gained back her birth weight plus an ounce. She smacks and licks her lips before she nurses. She loves her food!

5 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Yes, I meant to reply to this too!  Yay for Baby!  There is nothing like a good nursing baby to speed post-partum recovery along!  

• Like 2

Morning.  I have to be on Facebook because of my business.  95% of my students come through Facebook.   I have unfollowed most of the people whose views I can't stand, because I'd be too tempted to argue with them.    And I try to stay out of politics, again because of the business.  I'm also one of the admins to a local homeschool group, and have pages for my two 4-H groups.    So, yeah I'm never going to get to leave.

Yesterday after working out, I planted some seedings in our garden.  Peas, beans, and two kinds of tomatoes.    Dh ordered a bunch of seeds that are coming from overseas I think, but they are trickling in super late.  But I'm planting them at the science center until they are big enough to go outside.    We'll see how it goes.  This is late but not super late for our area, and we've planted seedings in June in the past and been fine.   I'm going to order heirloom seeds in the fall so that they'll definitely be here by spring next year.   Although, we ended up having snow a couple weeks ago, so being more prepared may have backfired this year.  

Todays plan is the usual.   Workout, clean house, relax - in that order.

• Like 6

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

I fought with a migraine all day yesterday and it's not really letting up.  I'm expecting it to ramp up as soon as homeschool starts.  So, any minute now.  😞

Grocery order was cancelled again, so I'm just going to go to the store.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4