Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I don't remember having either one. Just some random light contractions in the last couple weeks before they were born.

That's BH. But you said it kept happening and that sounds like pre labor, which is fine. 

It's an owie for no reason Booya!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Slache said:

I did pre labor super early. Like 5 months. Totally freaked me out. I've done it with each one since. All my babies were full term.

I had that with Gymnast. Apparently, reading Ina May birth stories was exciting my uterus. I had to stop. I started reading them again two weeks before I was "due," and went to 42 weeks, 3 days. Go figure. 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am officially on maintenance phase with my health program.  The director feels Very Strongly that I must eat a high fat, high glycemic carb diet one to two days a week (or at least 4-5 meals spaced out through the week).  I think I can get on board with that! 😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Pre labor is consistent Braxton Hicks and can include gastrointestinal symptoms. Everyone has BH, not everyone has pre labor.

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I don't remember having either one. Just some random light contractions in the last couple weeks before they were born.

I had nothing until the day I went into labor.  From first pain to birth, less than 10 hours.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

What launch? I rarely have a chance to watch the news in the morning and thanks to the pandemic I don't really go anywhere anymore so I rarely listen to the radio either.

SpaceX Crew Dragon

I'm looking at filial responsibility laws (kids have to pay parents bills) in Ohio and it's gotten worse since we left Ohio. I read a piece about how these laws are dangerous because it prevents elder care. In Texas we could have FIL live here for 10 years and then go to a home, but in Ohio he couldn't go to home because we have proven we're willing to take care of him, and that could have dangerous implications for FIL.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I'm looking at filial responsibility laws (kids have to pay parents bills) in Ohio and it's gotten worse since we left Ohio. I read a piece about how these laws are dangerous because it prevents elder care. In Texas we could have FIL live here for 10 years and then go to a home, but in Ohio he couldn't go to home because we have proven we're willing to take care of him, and that could have dangerous implications for FIL.

This is the only reason we are glad my in-laws are still in NY.

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

This is the only reason we are glad my in-laws are still in NY.

So NY won't come after you?

Eta: Never mind.

"Such laws remain on the books in Alaska, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia and West Virginia, and in the territory of Puerto Rico."

Edited by Slache

It feels like it's the weekend.  I suppose I better go bake some fish and get the rice started.  I'm trying a new sauce recipe called "Roy Yamaguchi's Sauce".  Only 4 ingredients: mustard powder (Coleman's), hot water, rice wine vinegar, and soy sauce.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, myblessings4 said:

So this law supposedly says if your elderly relatives live with you that you can't then put them in homes?  I'm not fully understanding, maybe.  Dsil had dmil live with them before dmil moved to a home.  They're in Virginia.  I am having a hard time thinking of many elderly in our family who have gone to homes, and have never heard of that law.  

Totally varies by state. These are states that have something that makes kids responsible. In Ohio there are a lot and an individual might not qualify for assistance if a kid makes enough money, can't go to home if they already live with a child, and the child could be held responsible for the parents bills. Virginia could be totally different.

8 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Gotcha.  And of course dsil could totally be paying, but I doubt it and haven't been told that she is.

It usually means that people can go after the kids for medical and nursing after the parents death.

Most families are not effected by this. When we found out about it we decided to never pay a parents medical bill or write them a large check. You can be very generous, but know how before you do it.

58 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Gotcha.  And of course dsil could totally be paying, but I doubt it and haven't been told that she is.

I think I remember reading recently that those laws have been ignored rfor the most part, but are being implemented more often now, in some states.

12 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I think I remember reading recently that those laws have been ignored rfor the most part, but are being implemented more often now, in some states.

Yes. They really aren't a major concern. I just replied to the mother retiring thread and wanted to make sure I was right before I posted.