Menu

Ignore this thread!

4 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I've been dealing with headaches off and on throughout this pregnancy (though nowhere near as much now as in the first trimester) and a little caffeine helps when Tylenol doesn't. So, last night I made myself a cup of iced tea because the weather was just too hot for coffee.... OH MY GOODNESS! I couldn't get to sleep! There must be a LOT more caffeine in the tea than in my coffee.

I think the caffeine in tea is somehow different from coffee. I didn't drink coffee for a few years, but had black tea every day. Then I had a cup of coffee and I was SO jittery. It was ridiculous! I now drink them interchangeably, but I can often feel a difference in my body between them. 

I hope you get to sleep tonight! Maybe try green tea in the afternoon? I used to make that with just a touch of cream and sugar and have it cold over ice in the afternoon. It was like green tea ice cream that way. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Renai said:

Just stop reading. You will be so perturbed about never reaching the end. Save yourself the angst.

I learned my lesson on this one with Wheel of Time.  13 or 14 long books only to find out the author died before the last one.   Took years before his nephew or son or somebody finally wrote the last one.   Now I have to reread the entire series in order to finish.

12 hours ago, Renai said:

Divergent! That's the name of the other series.

These were a different kind of disappointment.  That ending was the worst.   Ranks up there with My Sister's Keeper for awful endings.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Morning, It's Friday.   Meeting dd to workout as usual.  It's icky out so I think we're doing inside stuff again.  We've been doing some strength workouts but my back aches on one side today, the side that I occasionally "pull" and wind up in pain.  So I may need to take it easier.   I think we're doing legs today anyway, not back/arms.

For our summer schedule, I'm giving the kids the same amount of work, just giving them two weeks to do it.  I don't think either of them have done any yet this week.  Granted it was a short week, then dd going to the hospital but they need to work that out if they don't want to lose free time.  I spread it out so we'd have time to go to the lake.  Which we also didn't do this week except briefly on Tuesday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Ok, the sun has peeked out from behind the clouds of despair. A new COFFEE!!,~D- maker has been ordered and stop-gap measure have been employed. 

Whew!  Crisis averted!  My first thought was similar - order with quick delivery and hit a Starbucks / Panera drive thru until it comes.  

8 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I'd appreciate some good thoughts and prayers today. Dd18 is moving out today to her own apartment . And even though this is a happy exciting milestone from her perspective, it's a stressful one for me. I didn't sleep well last night. (Though a lot of that was because I was in mega pain after PT.).

Praying!  

• Thanks 1

PlanPo

I have so many books in my Amazon cart right now.  I just keep thinking how much I will not want to keep treking to the library here.  It was great when DS was younger and we lived in PA. We were close enough to the library extension to walk.  Now it's really not that far, but there's Tampa traffic to contend with by the time I get off work.  Still, I have a lot more listed as ones to "borrow" that buy.  But those main readings are definitely being purchased.  Right?  Say yes.  I have been so close to hitting purchase for two days now.  And then I add another book, and think, "Well, there may be others..."  This is why I don't have an Amazon membership.  They make it waaaaay to easy to spend money.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ikslo said:

PlanPo

I have so many books in my Amazon cart right now.  I just keep thinking how much I will not want to keep treking to the library here.  It was great when DS was younger and we lived in PA. We were close enough to the library extension to walk.  Now it's really not that far, but there's Tampa traffic to contend with by the time I get off work.  Still, I have a lot more listed as ones to "borrow" that buy.  But those main readings are definitely being purchased.  Right?  Say yes.  I have been so close to hitting purchase for two days now.  And then I add another book, and think, "Well, there may be others..."  This is why I don't have an Amazon membership.  They make it waaaaay to easy to spend money.

You can check prices on abebooks?  That's how I justify my over-stocked bookshelves. 😄

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ikslo said:

PlanPo

I have read time and time again on this board, and experienced it myself, that if you just buy the stupid thing you are so glad that you bought the stupid thing and it makes your life so much easier.

Buy once, cry once. Be grateful you did it for the rest of the year.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Slache said:

I have read time and time again on this board, and experienced it myself, that if you just buy the stupid thing you are so glad that you bought the stupid thing and it makes your life so much easier.

Buy once, cry once. Be grateful you did it for the rest of the year.

I won't be upset about buying any of it, but I will be upset if I neglect to add soemthing I need.  Because I can justify this purchase to DH as "for school", but at some point he is going to say, okay that's enough!!  LOL

1 minute ago, ikslo said:

I won't be upset about buying any of it, but I will be upset if I neglect to add soemthing I need.  Because I can justify this purchase to DH as "for school", but at some point he is going to say, okay that's enough!!  LOL

Buy all the things!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Oh, and I got DS permission to be in the CLRC Russian class even though he isn't yet 14, so I have to sign up (and pay!) for that.  More $$$.  But I don't speak Russian.  Needs must.

Done.  

It's a homeschool spending fenzy BOOYAH!

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I have decided that Alias will be my next exercise show.  I may be exercising more than usual.:D

I love the first two seasons.  My alter ego is Sydney Bristow. Although her love interest was a bit of a weeny.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

(((Jean)))

I also need to look at what supplementary books to bite the bullet on. Our library system doesn't have a re-opening date named and will also be at risk of re-closing, I think.

Guess what, y'all? I went to a grocery store! First time since the sixth of March. It was amazing! I might go to a different one Monday.

Why go to the grocery store when Amazon delivers everything to your doorstep? I had them deliver matches last month.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ikslo said:

PlanPo

Yes!  (Oh, I see you already did it.  Congratulations!) 🎉

2 hours ago, ikslo said:

Oh, and I got DS permission to be in the CLRC Russian class even though he isn't yet 14, so I have to sign up (and pay!) for that.  More $$$.  But I don't speak Russian.  Needs must.

Yay for outsourcing!  🎉

• Like 2

5 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Do you have Target?  I always see it there, in the face wash aisle.

Face wash aisle.  Never even thought to look there.

4 hours ago, ikslo said:

What kind of witch hazel did you get, Susan?  I think we've discussed here previously there are different strengths that play into the cost?  Was that on this thread?

Well, I usually just get the Walmart brand that is next to the rubbing alcohol - generally less than $2 a bottle?

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I love the first two seasons.  My alter ego is Sydney Bristow. Although her love interest was a bit of a weeny.

She's so pretty!  I forgot how much I love Marshall, the nerdy tech guy! 🙂

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Why go to the grocery store when Amazon delivers everything to your doorstep? I had them deliver matches last month.

It's awesome!  And returns are so much easier now - just stick the thing back in the bag and drop it off at UPS.

• Like 1

And in other news: I was able to get a campsite at the Mile High Campground in NC for the dates I was hoping for.  The road to the campground has finally been opened and they are trying to get ready for when they are allowed to open up.  They are very low-tech - no online registrations and no electricity.  You can only make a reservation when they are in the office because it's done with an old fashioned paper ledger and calendar.  😄  I think we will like it there.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

If Hunger Games and the Divergent books work for you, so will the Maze Runner trilogy. I read them with True Oldest back when the first movie came out. We watched the movie, then hunted down the book series because we just had to know more! Turned out the book and movie were very different. We read all 3 books, but I still haven't watched the other movies. Just the first one with him.

Ok, it's on the list. I guess it's time for some dystopia. I have a long list of books on my to read list, and fiction was lacking.

12 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  Ds13 is coming back home today!  

Gah! When did he become 13? I still keep thinking of him as...9?

11 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

No-COFFEE!!!!~D.  The Apocalypse has truly happened. My COFFEE~D-maker died.😩😩😩😩😩 life is not worth living. I don’t want to go to The Afsa. I think I have only been there once since the Apocalypse. Do they sell COFFEE!!~D- makers at the gas station??

We have a mesh filter, boil some water in a pot, and let the coffee brew that way. We haven't had a coffee maker in a while.

11 hours ago, whitehawk said:

Krissi, why not rig something up until you can get one in the mail? Glass jar/bowl + mesh strainer + coffee filter and pour boiling water over the ground coffee? I use an Aeropress, which is the same concept.

I see Whitehawk beat me to it.

10 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

I learned my lesson on this one with Wheel of Time.  13 or 14 long books only to find out the author died before the last one.   Took years before his nephew or son or somebody finally wrote the last one.   Now I have to reread the entire series in order to finish.

These were a different kind of disappointment.  That ending was the worst.   Ranks up there with My Sister's Keeper for awful endings.

Yes, it was a horrible ending! It's like he ran out of ideas or something. It was a forgettable disappointment though, unlike the Narnia series disappointment. It percolated for days.

• Like 2

Tomorrow is Saturday.

Just sayin’.

It’s not supposed to be as hot.

I think I may be going to bed now.

Thirty years ago I was going line-dancing with my friends on Friday nights. Now I’m watching movies with the kids and the cats and going to bed before 10:00. My how times have changed. I’m not really complaining.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

And in other news: I was able to get a campsite at the Mile High Campground in NC for the dates I was hoping for.  The road to the campground has finally been opened and they are trying to get ready for when they are allowed to open up.  They are very low-tech - no online registrations and no electricity.  You can only make a reservation when they are in the office because it's done with an old fashioned paper ledger and calendar.  😄  I think we will like it there.

Yay!!! Sounds like fun. We still have no plans for the summer.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Yay!!! Sounds like fun. We still have no plans for the summer.

Our last "previously planned activity" for the summer was finally cancelled Yesterday.  We can sign up for more zoom music lessons but I'm not sure anyone wants to have anything to do with zoom anymore.  I go back and forth between "it would be something" and "I hate everything leave me alone". 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I got up early (whyyyyyy?), drank some coffee, walked the dog. Now what? Gardening?  Weeds are out of control.  Probably should.  Unless someone else can give me a better idea.

Hoping for better luck today with the weather for the SpaceX launch attempt. 

DH questioned the purchases.  Thought we were hacked. 🤣 He didn’t seem to care too much about the cost, until he learned the online class was for one semester. I have been warning him for years that as we approach high school costs will go up.  He had his head in the sand. 🙄 Now all of the sudden he thinks DS should maybe go to PS for high school.   LOL okay, dude, I’ve been saying that for years and getting pushback, but now it’s a viable option because you might have to spend money.  Whatevs. 🤪

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Our last "previously planned activity" for the summer was finally cancelled Yesterday.  We can sign up for more zoom music lessons but I'm not sure anyone wants to have anything to do with zoom anymore.  I go back and forth between "it would be something" and "I hate everything leave me alone". 😄

There is a love/hate relationship with online classes right now...

32 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I got up early (whyyyyyy?), drank some coffee, walked the dog. Now what? Gardening?  Weeds are out of control.  Probably should.  Unless someone else can give me a better idea.

Hoping for better luck today with the weather for the SpaceX launch attempt. 

DH questioned the purchases.  Thought we were hacked. 🤣 He didn’t seem to care too much about the cost, until he learned the online class was for one semester. I have been warning him for years that as we approach high school costs will go up.  He had his head in the sand. 🙄 Now all of the sudden he thinks DS should maybe go to PS for high school.   LOL okay, dude, I’ve been saying that for years and getting pushback, but now it’s a viable option because you might have to spend money.  Whatevs. 🤪

Weeding sounds fun. Do you get to be alone?

• Like 2

I woke up kinda early. I told all my online prek-ers and Gymnast that all the orugas would be in chrysalis by the end of the weekend. They've been fighting for upside down space all afternoon yesterday. They wouldn't let one of them up. Gymnast was worried. I told her he'll find a spot once the other ones that are slightly ahead in readiness settle down. Of course, I was right. 5am, they were all upside down and still, except the 6th who finally found a spot. At 7am, one was in a chrysalis. Now at 8am, two are in a chrysalis. The 6th is still just lying there (not upside down yet). 

This has been the Saga of the Painted Butterfly Orugas. Stay tuned.

• Like 5

Good Morning!,!

COFFEE!!!~D (thanks to Whitehawk, I owe her a debt of gratitude. I’ll have Baby bake her something. She’s a whiz in the kitchen.)

Saturday!! It’s supposed to be 25 degrees cooler today than Thursday. Thank the Lord. DH had all the doors and windows open when I woke up. It is deliciously cool out.

The house is a total wreck. We need to clean it. I may go to the grocery store. Unfortunately Amazon does not deliver half-and-half or produce, so I do have to go out.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Labor was hard. Baby was tangled up in her cord and it was acting like a bungee preventing her from descending normally so transition lasted forever and pushing was really hard. The next time someone says in front of me that childbirth gets easier the more children you have I will probably go into strong hysterics until a man in regency pantaloons slaps me. Sorry. 

Babyis beautiful. And hungry. She is a very git er done baby. Within ten minutes of birth she had pooped, peed on the midwife, and latched on.  Now her goalin life is to become gloriously fat and she is pursuing it with a will. She will take an occasional break to be danced around and her favorite song is The Star of the County Down. Right now is one of the first times I’ve been able to put her down long enough to pee, eat, and still have time left over to do something. Boss baby for the win!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Baby has good taste!  Yay for fat babies!

• Like 1

Morning.   My house is a wreck too.  I really need to do something about it.   I've been in a funk all week.  Not sure why, although how good do you expect a week to be when it starts with a trip to the emergency room?   I need to got over it and get things done.   Only thing I'm accomplishing is working out with dd.  And that does leave me feeling energized and freer, but we don't meet until 1pm so not much time left to get things done after.   Maybe we should meet earlier.....  Exercise and eating semi-well are the only areas I'm doing things right. 

Before all this crap I was doing so well at getting up at a decent hour, going to bed at a decent hour, using my planner, getting things done.  Now it's all gone to ****.  And I don't know how to get it back.  I do soooooo much better with outside accountability.   

I'm cranky.  and probably hormonal.  and tired.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1