Menu

Ignore this thread!

Speaking of trail mix.  I bought some yummy no-sugar-added fruits today so I can make myself some trail mix.  Peanuts, almonds, dried cherries, dried apples, and (regular) raisins.  Snd I have some stevia-sweetened chocolate chips in the pantry.  I'm not sure why this is so exciting to me.  Lol.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Speaking of trail mix.  I bought some yummy no-sugar-added fruits today so I can make myself some trail mix.  Peanuts, almonds, dried cherries, dried apples, and (regular) raisins.  Snd I have some stevia-sweetened chocolate chips in the pantry.  I'm not sure why this is so exciting to me.  Lol.

That sounds pretty exciting to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Spudater said:

Hello from the human pacifier. 

ds keeps telling me, “fank you for birfing baby” and it is the sweetest ever and in twenty years he’s going to make some lucky girl an awesome husband. 

Baptism tomorrow!

❤️ Think you might be able to share a picture of baby in gown?

• Like 2

Good morning!

I need to make a list because otherwise I will sit around all day doing nothing worthwhile.  I need to submit grades and attendance for the year.  I was planning to put a coat of gesso on the painting canvases and see how that goes.  Practice mandolin?  What should we do for Father's Day?

Coffee!

• Like 1

Good Morning.  I'm finally posting again in the actual morning.  Of course, its because I got up early today because our power went out.    I was packing things up to head over to the science center (since it was evidently just my street out), when it came back on.  But I was already up, so I'm ahead of schedule a little bit today.   

Heading over to meet older dd to workout.  Bringing the dog since I'm bug bombing the house.  We have to be out for 4 hours but I'll have my computer, food, AC, a microwave and things will be fine.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I make trail mix with stuff I buy separately.  I don't eat it, and everyone likes different ingredients.  So this way I can make each one to suit.

I usually make a mix for when we go hiking/camping because dh can't have stuff with sunflower or sesame seeds/oil or cashews and it's hard to find premade without those.  I don't make different combinations, though, because I'm mean and don't care if you hate peanuts. Ain't nobody got time for that! 😁  

• Haha 2

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

This morning was one of those delicious mornings where you go to bed with a light blanket and wake up at 4:00am and pull the comforter up and snuggle down and sleep another 4 hours. Heaven, I tell you. Heaven.

The house needs to be cleaned up today, I need to go to the grocery store and I also need to prep forDD’s little promotion party tomorrow.

• Like 3

I have submitted spring semester grades and attendance and fussed over some plants outside and examined Bob, Billy, Ben, Benjamin, Bartholomew, and The Three Peters Pumpkin Plants, and applied a layer of gesso to the small canvases.

Critter, I think you must be the most patient person on earth.  I really struggle with The Bother of getting all the painting materials ready.  I just want to sit down and put paint on the canvas and have it look amazing.  Alas, this art stuff apparently takes time and preparation and practice. 🙄

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I don't know what a poboy is. I SHOULD. But I don't.

It's a very specific kind of sammich known for its bread. It's slang for Poor Boy because it originally had potatoes instead of meat. If you get a poboy somewhere other than the south it will be on French bread and not nearly as good.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

RantPo:

I just noticed yesterday that Notgrass has a partial sample up of the new second edition of AtB. Why am I not really digging it? Toward the end of the sample are a couple pages with a gazillion pictures! I don't think Apologia puts that many pictures on one page! Lol. And there's a little tidbit complete with a picture of the author herself explaining her lineage from a couple of famous people in history. I don't know why this irks me but it does. Oh, and even though they've said all along that only the Katy book was changing in their literature, turns out they are abandoning The Sign of the Beaver in favor of reprinting an old out of print book that can actually be downloaded as an ebook for free. The new book does look like it'll be a good one, but it would've been nice to know BEFORE I went ahead and purchased The Sign of the Beaver and two other books from Native American perspectives. Also, literature questions now appear to be in the workbook and lesson review book instead of being its own separate thing. That's annoying for someone who doesn't plan to use Notgrass literature selections but cannot stand skipping stuff in our workbooks. Gaaah!

You stress too much. Let it be easier. Going with the flow and dealing with situations as they arise are skills your kids need to learn. I apologize if I've overstepped my bounds.

• Like 2

Matt got a group text from two Oregon friends. One is a consecutive black man and he thinks the current BLM movement is hogwash, the other is a liberal white man who's super into the current ongoings and they wanted his opinion. He said that sounds like a problem the United States is having and thank God we live the great nation of Texas. I guess that's one way out. :laugh:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

OK.  20 minutes of mandolin practice.  Ready. Set. GO!

Got some decent practice in from my two books and then treated myself to some Blackberry Blossom. I don't sound like Sierra Hull yet.

Look at how easily she's getting her fingers to all those chop chords!  Amazing.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

You didn't overstep. I know I stress. Drives me crazy when I make plans and then have to consider the possibility of changing them. Or not. Lol. I think I'm just a giant ball of anxiety right now. There is so much left to do/ going on right now that's completely out of my control that I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed.

I understand completely.  Plus you have a person growing inside and that will take up 98% of your available brain power.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

You didn't overstep. I know I stress. Drives me crazy when I make plans and then have to consider the possibility of changing them. Or not. Lol. I think I'm just a giant ball of anxiety right now. There is so much left to do/ going on right now that's completely out of my control that I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed.

I'm totally with you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Got some decent practice in from my two books and then treated myself to some Blackberry Blossom. I don't sound like Sierra Hull yet.

Thanks for sharing this. I loved it. I got to see Sierra Hull at the Ryman once. She's amazing!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I have submitted spring semester grades and attendance and fussed over some plants outside and examined Bob, Billy, Ben, Benjamin, Bartholomew, and The Three Peters Pumpkin Plants, and applied a layer of gesso to the small canvases.

Critter, I think you must be the most patient person on earth.  I really struggle with The Bother of getting all the painting materials ready.  I just want to sit down and put paint on the canvas and have it look amazing.  Alas, this art stuff apparently takes time and preparation and practice. 🙄

I try to cultivate patience. It's a lot easier when I'm well rested.

• Like 2

I am exhausted. I think it's mild compassion fatigue. Yesterday I was blaming myself for everything and close to tears over things I couldn't do anything about. A bit better today. Looking forward to a few days of rain and maybe a Twitter break for the rest of the month. I hate to be out of the know on things, but I think I can check in every few days and be just as informed as watching things every day. 

So I might be hanging out in my happy place a lot more! LOL.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

Planning school used to be fun. This time... not so much. 😕

Actually, it's butt.

#Isaidbutt

The only reason planning's not fun anymore is that I've been doing this long enough to know I still have to implement it.  🤦‍♀️🙄😳😬😩

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Slache said:

Matt got a group text from two Oregon friends. One is a consecutive black man and he thinks the current BLM movement is hogwash, the other is a liberal white man who's super into the current ongoings and they wanted his opinion. He said that sounds like a problem the United States is having and thank God we live the great nation of Texas. I guess that's one way out. :laugh:

What is a consecutive black man, exactly? I feel like I’m missing something with regard to this post.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whitehawk said:

Anybody working on new habits? I'm getting up earlier. Might as well, since there's sunshine.

Establishing a better chore system and bedtime routine before baby comes.

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Um, MedPo, I think:

Anyone else suddenly start lactating BEFORE the baby was born? I'm a little shocked. I haven't heard of this before but Google says it's actually not all that uncommon. Huh. Well it's certainly news to me.

Each time. And I never stopped after my last. It's not enough to be annoying.

2 minutes ago, ikslo said:

What is a consecutive black man, exactly? I feel like I’m missing something with regard to this post.

Lol! Conservative. Matt's a conservative white guy so I guess he was supposed to be the tie breaker? I don't know, but he avoided it.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Susan, I just talked to one of my student’s mom. He wants to learn the ukulele. I thought of you.

* ok, that first sentence is really bizarre, but my iPad is acting up again. I think it will need to remain as it is. 

I am finding ukulele to be super fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Um, MedPo, I think:

Anyone else suddenly start lactating BEFORE the baby was born? I'm a little shocked. I haven't heard of this before but Google says it's actually not all that uncommon. Huh. Well it's certainly news to me.

I did.  Enough to leak when I was pregnant with ds, and my previous pregnancy had been 11 years before so it wasn't left-over.    I was glad because in between kids I had a lumpectomy on one side and I wasn't sure if the incision around the nipple would affect breastfeeding on that side.   It didn't. 🙂 

• Like 3

Dh and ds14 took a load of junk to the landfill today, mostly stuff that has been cluttering up the back yard. It's nice to have it gone. 

I keep intending to plan for next year's homeschool but the fact that dd16 isn't finished with this year is seriously dragging down my motivation. I've called it a year for the others except that they are still supposed to do math through the summer.

I don't actually have to plan for dd16 for next year since she will be doing all online college courses so that isn't really a good excuse but my brain just doesn't want to switch gears. And I do need to get her through the rest of her stuff for this year, it's the high school and needing to grant credit thing.

• Like 6