Menu

Ignore this thread!

I got lots of laundry done, set up school for two weeks, rearranged some school related books, we went by the lake to put our kayaks on their summer racks (we strap them to our canoe for the winter where they are more sheltered and less likely to blow away), dd and I took a few laps around the lake, then home.    I found it easier to get in and out of the kayak than I remember it being last year so maybe all these workouts with dd are having an effect.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

I think it's cool.

I couldn’t tell from your post what you thought.  Or if there was some manipulation involved. 😆

Personally, I didn’t like either of those, but old reels in and of themselves are very cool - if you have a machine to play them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I couldn’t tell from your post what you thought.  Or if there was some manipulation involved. 😆

Personally, I didn’t like either of those, but old reels in and of themselves are very cool - if you have a machine to play them.

She has lots of weird old things. She's sent a lot of WWII memorabilia to John. Have I mentioned that my husband is German? Ahem.

EdPo

Okay.  Planning initiated.  I don't think I'm being realistic with how much DS is going to get done, though.  The best laid plans and all that jazz.  The outline sounds interesting to me, at least.  So if the teacher is engaged, there's hope?

/EdPo

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Slache said:
2 hours ago, Slache said:

My husband is not descended from a Nazi but the grandparents were related to some. I do call him a Nazi though. Oft.

39 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

My husband is descended from a guy who invented the submarine.  For the Germans. 

Wow!

My dh is also German, but not sure if there were any Nazis in his family.  They are pretty proud of their family tradition of draft dodging, though, so probably not likely.  The other side of dh is Norwegian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I’m descended from Mennonite peasant stock. They are of German descent, but they speak low German and eat zwiebach. And are pacifists. I’m not a pacifist. I’m not a good Mennonite. I’m also a Calvinist. That’s definitely not being a good Mennonite.🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, ikslo said:

EdPo

Okay.  Planning initiated.  I don't think I'm being realistic with how much DS is going to get done, though.  The best laid plans and all that jazz.  The outline sounds interesting to me, at least.  So if the teacher is engaged, there's hope?

/EdPo

Indeed teacher engagement is half the battle, or more.  Yay for a good plan!!

• Like 1

Good morning!

Imma have the kids work on cleaning out the coat closet that is in the basement and not used as a coat closet.  There's some untapped storage potential there, though.  Might be able to make something of it.  I have a meeting with my health coach this morning.  Might be my last one, as my year on the program ends after next week.

Coffee!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

MedPo (not graphic):

I'm all lower crampy this morning. Is this Braxton-Hicks? I don't remember this, but I don't like it. Slows me down. I have to sit and wait for it to pass each time. It's happened a few times a day for the last few days. Not super painful, but kinda nauseating. Reminds me a lot of the old once a month prelude. 

Are you carrying low?  How many weeks are you?  (#notadoctor  #nordoIplayoneonTV  )

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

MedPo (not graphic):

I'm all lower crampy this morning. Is this Braxton-Hicks? I don't remember this, but I don't like it. Slows me down. I have to sit and wait for it to pass each time. It's happened a few times a day for the last few days. Not super painful, but kinda nauseating. Reminds me a lot of the old once a month prelude. 

No idea.

Felpful. 👍

• Like 2

Congratulations Spudz! Welcome to the world Tater Tot! 

Good morning all! 

I have the tea, DH is off to work, and the sun is shining. Today will be a good day! I have spoken! 

28 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

MedPo (not graphic):

I feel like I'd want to check in with my doctor on this, but I do tend to be a worry wort. I'm also a BIG supporter of drinking lots of water, so I'd recommend that too. I sure hope it passes soon! 

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Day!!!

Hot!!,😩🔥🔥🔥🔥☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️Yesterday was 101. Today will be 103 and tomorrow.....107.  And it’s still May. I cannot deal with summer this early. 

just the regular stuff on the docket for today.

Congratulations, Spudz!!! So happy for you!, and welcome to the world, Little Tater Tot. ❤️

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Slache said:

We talked about you.

Yeah, I'm pretty popular around these parts.

16 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I always thought it was boo boo, too. And in my universe, it still is.

I have no idea what ya'll are talking about... The only thing I'm coming up with is Yogi Bear, and that can't be it...

14 hours ago, ikslo said:

My dad has a reel to reel. And it works.

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I know you don't have time to go back and read THAT many pages, but you did miss Slachie forgetting to Booya(h). 

I'm shocked and appalled, Slash! It's a good thing I missed it; it may have turned my universe inside sideways. I often do read catch up pages, but I've just been so busy, kinda, that I just decided...not.

• Like 4

I'm at the er with youngest dd.  She woke up with stomach pain, went to go to bathroom and had ringing in her ears, then vision blurred and she fell.  I woke up hearing her kind of moaning then heard her hit the floor.  Got her up, tried to go to couch and she got the ringing, blacking and fell again. 

I don't go to er easily but seemed warranted and our local hospital doesn't have any covid.  They did blood, ekg, CT scan and we are waiting for results. 

• Sad 11

8 hours ago, Spudater said:

Tater tot born tonight at 7:45, 9lbs 2oz!

"That's not a tater tot, that's a sack of potatoes."-Matt

3 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

MedPo (not graphic):

Sounds like prelabor but I have to bring up hydration just cuz.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

I'm at the er with youngest dd.  She woke up with stomach pain, went to go to bathroom and had ringing in her ears, then vision blurred and she fell.  I woke up hearing her kind of moaning then heard her hit the floor.  Got her up, tried to go to couch and she got the ringing, blacking and fell again. 

I don't go to er easily but seemed warranted and our local hospital doesn't have any covid.  They did blood, ekg, CT scan and we are waiting for results. 

Quoting myself:  swollen lymph nodes due to bladder infection, low blood pressure possibly due to lack of sleep, following up with pediatrician within a couple days. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

No. Nope. No way. Not happening. Not possible. Am I making myself clear? 😂

Oldest and Youngest were overdue and nearly identical in size (both in weight and length). No way am I laboring 2 months early. We are not ready yet. I am not ready yet. Did I mention we're not ready yet?

I might have used the wrong word, but contractions that don't do anything can last for 2 months no problem.

Blame Eve.

• Like 2