Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!

Congratulations on toilet repair and party survival and other Friday activities!

I woke up at 6 and thought I should visit the bathroom and when I looked at the clock again it was 7:40!  It’s so quiet here at my parents’ house! 

Today is the Big 80th Birthday Shindig at the church. We considered having a hootenanny, but were afraid it might get out of hand, and being at the church and all...😁

There is a lot of snow here!  Must be 12” piled on the back deck!  

My kids back home have Scout merit badge classes and writer’s club. 

It’ so quiet! 

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Congratulations on toilet repair and party survival and other Friday activities!

I woke up at 6 and thought I should visit the bathroom and when I looked at the clock again it was 7:40!  It’s so quiet here at my parents’ house! 

Today is the Big 80th Birthday Shindig at the church. We considered having a hootenanny, but were afraid it might get out of hand, and being at the church and all...😁

It’ so quiet! 

Coffee!

I think you should do the hootenanny!  She’ll only turn 80 once.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

My pool boy is skimming the pool.  He already walked and fed the dog.  He’s dressed. He’s waiting for DS to get ready and and they are going to some record swap/meet thingy somewhere.  I feel like such a slacker who can’t even make a decent cup of coffee.

• Like 4

Good Morning, Happy Saturday!  I'm now mostly off for an entire week.  Some tutoring, one workshop, maybe a gathering but relatively quiet.

I felt better yesterday but was super busy and couldn't get on ITT.   I LOVE my Friday classes.  They are the best group of kids, friends with my kids, great parents.  Always put me in a good mood.   Then we had dinner at my mom's house and dh made creamy shrimp and lobster linguini.   Then we came home and I had one Stella Artois (I know, I'm boring), stayed up late to finish reading my book, then slept in until 9am.   

Today I"m planning to relax, maybe do some laundry, put together a brochure for a very small conference I'm going to have a table at.  And that's about it.  A nice, quiet, lazy day.  

• Like 6

Happy "Valentine's for People Whose Sitter Is Only Available On Saturday Night" Day!

We are hitting our favorite Mexican restaurant.  It's got great atmosphere, and someone may or may not have mentioned once to the hostess that DH is hard of hearing, so we always get a window seat for two in a quiet corner now. 😁

Beef enchilada with mole sauce for me.  And a pomegranate margarita, salted so that DH won't drink half of it on me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

John is about to take off for a sole winning class at church. He's putting way too much thought into things like which Bible to take and which socks to wear. He also ran around playing, got hot, then told me he had a fever. I think he's nervous. He's never done anything without one of us.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I consoled myself in my retirement from homeschooling by correcting punctuation and spelling mistakes on signs (verbally) at the mall. 

They have mega-packs of Sharpies at Costco...

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

Morning.

What happened to your dishwasher, mms?

I put an empty coffee mug in the microwave. iTired.  Even though I got over 8 hours sleep. 🤔

i have no cream or milk left for my coffee.  Not a horrible thing for my waistline, but 😭.

This is not an effective wake-up strategy.

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

It’ so quiet! 

Coffee!

That's not a lot, dear.

52 minutes ago, ikslo said:

My pool boy is skimming the pool.  He already walked and fed the dog.  He’s dressed. He’s waiting for DS to get ready and and they are going to some record swap/meet thingy somewhere.  I feel like such a slacker who can’t even make a decent cup of coffee.

Oooo! ikslo has a POOL BOY! Is his name Rocco, perchance???😍

27 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I guess I could attempt to do both.  Maybe weed, then clean the goat, then school stuff? 

😦 Say WHAT?

24 minutes ago, Slache said:

Is that legal there?

Oh, Slash beat me to it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I think I’m a mackerel.

It was just a really good opportunity for him to do something without us, maybe learn something we don't know. We don't have a lot of those opportunities.

It's a get out of my house Booya!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, mms said:

It broke over a year ago, maybe even two, can’t remember. We tried to fix it and it was beyond YouTube help. We gave up. Now it sits there taunting me. Actually, I don’t have a single large appliance working at the moment. The only thing that keeps me from being Ma Ingalls is the laundromat.

(((mms))) 

• Like 1

Just now, mms said:

Now I really feel like a slacker. We never clean our goats. This job has never even made it on the to do list.

Newbies need to read the whole thread. It’s a rule.  ITT canon.

But since you have no working appliances, I will let you in on the correct interpretation:

Clean/wash the goat = take a shower, ‘cuz you stink

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, mms said:

It’s not that bad! I have an excuse to leave the house sans kids for several hours once a week. And I go get ice cream across the road from the laundromat. And the lady who runs it helps me fold my clothes. I will miss it.

(Not really, but Pollyanna and all)

Yes! My interpretation of Pollyanna is that it is a mental self-help reaction to all the bad things happening.  I see people like Pollyanna and I think, “Yup, their life has either imploded or will momentarily. No one is that happy unless they are faking it for self preservation.”  

Sorry if that sounds mean.  Isn’t meant to. Was agreeing with you.  I think?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, mms said:

Getting goats. Stupid thing #347697632 that mms has done to make her life harder on purpose. I just can’t leave well enough alone.

My sister has goats.  On a little farmette.  They stand on their car hoods when they get out.  No thanks 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Now I am confused. Is the name of the activity really “sole”?  I thought it was a misused homophone and I was therefore making a fish joke...

You need to hurry up that pot of coffee, babe.

And send some my way, too...

4 minutes ago, mms said:

Getting goats. Stupid thing #347697632 that mms has done to make her life harder on purpose. I just can’t leave well enough alone.

Yeah. And try horses. 😑

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Saturday!!! Finally.  Slept till almost 8:00. I promised Baby fresh squeezed orange juice (she picked the oranges from Grandma’s tree), pancakes and bacon for breakfast, but I need COFFEE!!!!!~D first.

I guess I’ll do some housework today. I need to get to the nursery and get a few more miniature roses, though.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

Morning.

What happened to your dishwasher, mms?

I put an empty coffee mug in the microwave. iTired.  Even though I got over 8 hours sleep. 🤔

i have no cream or milk left for my coffee.  Not a horrible thing for my waistline, but 😭.

Willy Nilly,, (for the last line.) Isn’t that a grievous ITT offense or something??? Whitehawk, get the handbook!!

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, mms said:

It broke over a year ago, maybe even two, can’t remember. We tried to fix it and it was beyond YouTube help. We gave up. Now it sits there taunting me. Actually, I don’t have a single large appliance working at the moment. The only thing that keeps me from being Ma Ingalls is the laundromat.

Our broken dishwasher now holds all the kitchen junk the kids bring home (like plastic sports bottles). They don't want to trash it, so I hide it in hopes of them forgetting about it.  

The broken microwave holds cooking supplies.  

I am really not sure what we'd do with it all if I ever replaced the appliances. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mms said:

The girls want me to replace the dishwasher with a cabinet for their cake baking and decorating supplies. The microwave holds ferments. The toaster oven is usually occupied with clay creations.

Ds5 wandered past the dishwasher last week, noticed a button for the first time in his short life, and pressed it. When nothing happened, he shrugged his shoulders and wandered on.  

Made me realize that I think it's been broken since shortly after he was born! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

Yes! My interpretation of Pollyanna is that it is a mental self-help reaction to all the bad things happening.  I see people like Pollyanna and I think, “Yup, their life has either imploded or will momentarily. No one is that happy unless they are faking it for self preservation.”  

Sorry if that sounds mean.  Isn’t meant to. Was agreeing with you.  I think?

I'm PolyAnna-ish by nature, always have been.

My theory is that mood is mostly driven by internal biological processes. Circumstances can have an effect because stress impacts internal biological processes, but a person who is naturally inclined towards getting glum, irritated, or depressed can feel that way even if everything is going right in their life and, evidently, a few of us are capable of feeling generally upbeat even when everything is going wrong. I'm not sure I am actually capable of feeling depressed; I'm only capable of feeling irritated in a very transitory and ephemeral way.

• Like 1